First timer

ram1876

Hello there,

Next year, I'll be going on a cruise for the first time with my wife and my brother and his wife.

We'll be on Carnival Ecstasy. Just have a few questions. I also asked the First Time Cruiser page, but they say you guys here might be more knowledgeable on the subject and when I asked Carnival directly, they were a bit vague.

They'll be making a stop on Half Moon Cay.

So when looking up shore excursions on Half Moon Cay, i saw that they have a walking trail.

But noticed that we have to pay for it. Do we really have to pay just to go on their walking trail? Or is paying for it, is just to include the tour guide?

And for their drinking package, I know that if one person in a room gets it, then everybody in the room have to gets it. But my brother's wife and I drink, but my wife and my brother don't drink. So can I list my brother's wife and me staying in one room, so we both can get it, while the other two don't have to pay it, and just get extra room keys for each other. Or since we're booking as one group, do we all have to get the drink package? And follow up, what about connecting rooms? If we get a connecting room, do we all have to get the drink package?

And for their drinking package, I know that if one person in a room gets it, then everybody in the room have to gets it. But my brother's wife and I drink, but my wife and my brother don't drink. So can I list my brother's wife and me staying in one room, so we both can get it, while the other two don't have to pay it, and just get extra room keys for each other. Or since we're booking as one group, do we all have to get the drink package? And follow up, what about connecting rooms? If we get a connecting room, do we all have to get the drink package?

Yes, you can. It is done all the time. Guest services will make you extra cabin keys if required.

You can walk on any path without a "tour"...no worries! You simply won't get the "narrative" that goes along with it....what kind of plant that is, or stuff like that! You don't have to book anything on HMC if you don't want to...it's a beach day, courtesy of the ship!

Simply book the passengers in the way that is most advantageous to you....and then, once you're on the ship, no one cares if you switch occupants around...it's done all the time. Only 1 room needs to get the package, even if they are "connecting" cabins.

Simply book the passengers in the way that is most advantageous to you....and then, once you're on the ship, no one cares if you switch occupants around...it's done all the time. Only 1 room needs to get the package, even if they are "connecting" cabins.

Half moon Cay has motorized water craft for rent (wave runner, etc.). It's Carnival's island, so I think they also provide lunch. Not much else to do, but to walk around and lay on the beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You'll enjoy HMC! While we have done an excursion there, there really is no absolute need to. Great beach, walking, and eating the free picnic style lunch can easily fill up a day. Don't forget to try the BBQ jerk chicken. It's very, very good, and this coming from someone who isn't normally a fan of yard bird. Happy cruising!

I think if you book as a group you may all be considered the same party and have to all get cheers. Last time we only had some of the group wanting to drink we made reservations separately and then linked them for dinner seating purposes. Im sure others will correct me if I am wrong or misread your plan.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Yes, you can. It is done all the time. Guest services will make you extra cabin keys if required.

I agree I did it last year on the conquest redirected my sister to be with wife and on paper was with kids 10&12 then go to guess services to get a key to the room with your wife. Works great remember almost all drinks are included waters,sodas coffee,they should have a bottle of water at diner you can take also by time you walk the ship your 5min. Wait time between drink orders is up have fun with it welllll worth it

I think if you book as a group you may all be considered the same party and have to all get cheers. Last time we only had some of the group wanting to drink we made reservations separately and then linked them for dinner seating purposes. Im sure others will correct me if I am wrong or misread your plan.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

No, Cheers rules say everyone in the cabin 21 and older must purchase, not everyone in a group.

OP, you will be fine with your plan. Put the drinkers together and once you are on the ship, everyone has to go to GS together and get extra keys. No one cares where anyone sleeps :)