UBP Changes August 2017 - Premium Spirits

megacruiser

Thank you for the update. Question: On the wine list, it shows two glass icons and then a bottle icon. Which one represents a normal, 5 ounce / 150 ml pour? And, is that the included UBP wine amount?

Pretty sure it is the same as what most restaurants that we have seen - even Outback-LOL! Just a smaller or larger size serving. as to how many ounces... no idea. We would always get the larger one. Not sure it really matters - it is what it is.

The late July 2017 beer list from the District Brew House can be found here:

http://www.evernote.com/l/AFjnXidcROFGGLXXMX9Fc2w9ToGDAy1OhSM/

I've been watching this list since we booked - because my idea of "trip planning" is a little different from most people's - and the list ha 77 selections now, down from 84 earlier in the year. The selections, at least as far as types, are pretty constant.

The Cigar City Maduro, my wife's favorite after-dinner beer, went by the wayside. We're hoping it comes back.

Do you know if the flavoured grey goose options are now within UBP limits?

I noticed that, as well. It appears that there is no distinction...which makes sense, as the significant upcharge for flavored goose is ridiculous.

i see that Grey Goose is listed under Premium, but that the flavored Grey Goose is no longer listed under Super Premium. I am so hoping that this means that ALL Grey Goose is covered as it once was under UBP.

I'm on the Escape next month and will find out.... for research purposes.

I shall give NCL credit where it is due - I griped A LOT about no single malt Scotches under the UBP when they made the change last year. Maybe, just maybe, they are beginning to take some of the criticisms on board.

Hopefully. I actually meant to email/tweet them about the malt situation when I returned in July, but forgot. I'm glad others did.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well I cannot see one single bitter (beer) on this list, off on the jade next week, sailing from the uk so hoping they will include a little local libations, not everyone and there wife drinks lager!

Jazz;p

Usually Newcastle Brown on tap and Boddingtons by can, not the best, agreed but o/h says, '' better than lager''

Denise

I hear you. Maker's Mark drinker here. My last free beverage package had Buffalo Trace, Jim Beam, Jim Beam Red Stag, Knob Creek, Maker's Mark, Tatoosh, and Wild Turkey 101. Maker's, Knob Creek and Tatoosh were $7.95. The rest were $6.75 or $7.50 Of course, that was on our usual, old people cruise line, which was completely lacking in water slides. Also, they only let you have 15 drinks a day on the package. I suppose that could be a problem if you needed more than a fifth each day. ;) I mean, you could always buy drinks number 16 and up...

I've resigned myself to Bulliet for the week, although I prefer a little less rye in the mash.

On the plus side, I couldn't get Pitbull's Voli vodka on the other ship, and you just can't get too much Pitbull.

I'm used to anything under $50 being included in the drink package so will definitely have to figure out some alternatives. Or pay the extra for decent bourbon. I'm not a Bulleit fan. I prefer the traditional corn/barley mash myself. Rye heavy or wheated like Makers Mark aren't my personal favorites.

Just off the Breakaway on 8/13... flavored Grey Goose was an up charge, as was woodford... ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The upcharge for flavoured GG was there from there from the outset.

The UK market now is all inclusive and this I imagine is giving NCL a headache on UK cruises as we do like a drink or three.

I think the there will soon be a limit on the number of drinks you can order as on our last cruise the BM told us that as the number of AI passengers is reaching now 80% they simply can not cope either staff or drinks wise

The upcharge for flavoured GG was there from there from the outset.

The UK market now is all inclusive and this I imagine is giving NCL a headache on UK cruises as we do like a drink or three.

I think the there will soon be a limit on the number of drinks you can order as on our last cruise the BM told us that as the number of AI passengers is reaching now 80% they simply can not cope either staff or drinks wise

Even if they institute a daily limit like Carnival (15 per day), I think we will be ok. Maybe they will expand what is included and then put a limit (15/day or so).

Even if they institute a daily limit like Carnival (15 per day), I think we will be ok. Maybe they will expand what is included and then put a limit (15/day or so).

I'm fine with 15 a day. I've never come close. But Carnival also never includes the beverage package in the fare so you are paying $54 or so pp each day for it on top of your cruise price. And all adults in the room over 21 have to purchase.

I'm not seeing a list for liqueurs. Anyone know if these are listed anywhere? We love a good amaretto sour (or with oj).

*and yes, I'm aware, total thread killer there. ha. All this bourbon, scotch and craft beer talk, I had to be the odd ball out.

My problem is that I'd rather drink Buffalo Trace or Eagle Rare over Woodford. While I'd still drink Woodford for a few, there aren't any other bourbon's I'd really pay for on that list that are worth it.

Even in NC where the liquor tax is higher and controlled by the ABC, a bottle of Woodford is no where near what they are charging for it and I'd feel ashamed paying the extra for it.

Sucks being a bourbon/scotch snob...