2017 -List of officers , concierge, hotel director etc.

sjnyc323

Anyone know where or what ship Yannis Kazalis is now on? He was on the Norwegian Epic in Europe but now he's no longer there with no information as to where he went. They say he's no longer with the company. He was amazing!! We just booked a trip in Norwegian Star and we're hoping to connect with him!!

On-board the Epic, as of Feb 4, 2017:

Hotel Director: Mustafa Gulbahar

Ass't Hotel Director: Stefan Antonescu

Senior F&B Director: Yannis Kazalis

Executive Housekeeper: Orlando O'Neill Manuel

Cruise Director: Pedro Serra

Beverage Manager: Zdravko Kohakovic

Guest Services Manager: Aminta Gomez

Exec Chef: Alok Kumar

Restaurant Mgr: Herman Gonzalez Rios

Anyone know where or what ship Yannis Kazalis is now on? He was on the Norwegian Epic in Europe but now he's no longer there with no information as to where he went. They say he's no longer with the company. He was amazing!! We just booked a trip in Norwegian Star and we're hoping to connect with him!!

He is home on vacation. He has not been on Star for several years. Also Mustafa just recently left NCL and is now working on Holland America as hotel director

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We emailed him in July on the Rpic and a response came from someone there who said he was on vacation and would return August 15th. We emailed him again then, and the response was that he is no longer with the company. I k ow he was on the Epic the past few years. His LinkedIn account also hasn't changed and says he's still with Norwegian, which is obviously not true as the reply to us was from the new F and B director on the Epic, Dieter Welp. If anyone knows how we can reach him that'd be great as we became friends with him on our last cruise and would love to reconnect with him! Thanks!

He is home on vacation. He has not been on Star for several years. Also Mustafa just recently left NCL and is now working on Holland America as hotel director

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So sad!!! Devastated! Huge loss to NCL!! We just booked our next cruise on NCL because of him and his hospitality that we received in the Epic 2years ago with him!! Do you know if he's been hired with another cruise line?? Let us know...also if you have any email for him I can forward you mine to give to him....thanks so much!!!

Sadly, Yannis resigned from NCL two weeks ago.

This is a big loss to NCL and an even bigger loss to NCL guests.

So sad!!! Devastated! Huge loss to NCL!! We just booked our next cruise on NCL because of him and his hospitality that we received in the Epic 2years ago with him!! Do you know if he's been hired with another cruise line?? Let us know...also if you have any email for him I can forward you mine to give to him....thanks so much!!!

Right now, he's on a sabbatical harvesting his grapes for the winery. He'll probably decide his next moves with a glass of new wine in hand. ... Opa.

:)Sounds like you know him personally, so please give him our best (Marcie, Kosta and Chloe from Canada. We wanted to get in touch with him as we are visiting Greece next summer and wanted to connect with him there. My husband is Greek and we are taking the NCL Star to visit some islands and then off to Patras to visit family. I know he lived in or near Athens and yes I think he had olives too!! I've looked him up on every social media outlet with no luck!! Well, a huge loss for everyone at NCL!! He will be missed! But I'm sure he's enjoying full time family life, wine and fresh olives!

Right now, he's on a sabbatical harvesting his grapes for the winery. He'll probably decide his next moves with a glass of new wine in hand. ... Opa.

Jade as of August 1, 2017

Captain: Ingar Kjellar (from Norway)

Hotel Director: Stefan Antonescu

Cruise Director: Roberto De Pasquale

Ingar and Stefan both left the Jade on the 19th of August. Niether of them knew which ship they would be on after the 10 weeks holiday. The staff director was a trained captain from Croatia so maybe he took over from Ingar.

9th-19th the cruise director was Sin (From Mexico) not sure if he is relieving Roberto but he didn't say he was leaving the Jade so I am guessing he is still there.

Ingar and Stefan were amazing, especially having to put up with 2 very rude and misguided questions from 2 stupid guests on our sailing.

1) First time cruiser asked Ingar 'Why weren't we informed about the HOHO bus stopping at a certain time'. Both Stefan and Ingar answered politely but basically said it wasn't affiliated with the cruise line.

2) An apparently experienced cruiser asked the captain why he hadn't made himself visable earlier on the cruise as it was the last day. Bear in mind he was in the atrium on the 2nd day for a whole hour as advertised and we had some really rough seas he had to cope with. He was polite to her while the whole room gasped and shook their heads.

Ingar and Stefan both left the Jade on the 19th of August. Niether of them knew which ship they would be on after the 10 weeks holiday. The staff director was a trained captain from Croatia so maybe he took over from Ingar.

9th-19th the cruise director was Sin (From Mexico) not sure if he is relieving Roberto but he didn't say he was leaving the Jade so I am guessing he is still there.

Thanks for the update !

We emailed him in July on the Rpic and a response came from someone there who said he was on vacation and would return August 15th. We emailed him again then, and the response was that he is no longer with the company. I k ow he was on the Epic the past few years. His LinkedIn account also hasn't changed and says he's still with Norwegian, which is obviously not true as the reply to us was from the new F and B director on the Epic, Dieter Welp. If anyone knows how we can reach him that'd be great as we became friends with him on our last cruise and would love to reconnect with him! Thanks!

He will be back on the ships soon - not NCL.

NCL is losing some very key crew recently and it is no coincidence.

Mustafa was a big loss but he is now doing very well.

Prem too is doing fantastically and no doubt Yannis will too wherever he may end up.

But also captain Hilden - a big loss as he was an all round nice guy. We will miss him. Viking and HAL are really gaining some great people.

These people are just great people and we had heard about this coming some time ago. NCL are pushing the boundaries with senior crew and the pattern is that these people are now putting their lives ahead of NCL.

We are fortunate to have had the benefit of sailing with these great individuals and who knows if these losses continue maybe Klaus and Dennis will be back on the ships if this exodus continues.

Yes they will always find crew but will they be the same as these people. You simply can not replace the years that Prem Mustafa and Yannis have.

Although he knows lets wish Yannis much success at his next stage.

Edited by bmwman

Ingar and Stefan were amazing, especially having to put up with 2 very rude and misguided questions from 2 stupid guests on our sailing.

1) First time cruiser asked Ingar 'Why weren't we informed about the HOHO bus stopping at a certain time'. Both Stefan and Ingar answered politely but basically said it wasn't affiliated with the cruise line.

2) An apparently experienced cruiser asked the captain why he hadn't made himself visable earlier on the cruise as it was the last day. Bear in mind he was in the atrium on the 2nd day for a whole hour as advertised and we had some really rough seas he had to cope with. He was polite to her while the whole room gasped and shook their heads.

With the recent round of resignations NCL crew are moving ships at a rate of knots. I said this would happen earlier this year. From what we hear and it is only what we are told, the crew are fed up of contract extensions and not being able to make plans.

Whilst they can always hire the attrition rate is gaining momentum and will continue. You only have to look at cruise job boards including NCL to see how many senior positions are vacant.

Onw wonders is this FDR influence changing the NCL we all loved forever?

Edited by bmwman

Stefan and Ingar seemed happy enough with the company...just said it was time for their 10 weeks off. Ingar hinted he wanted to be back on the Jade due to her being near his homeland.

On an interesting note about staff...

Sin our cruise director explained that he was loyal to NCL after they allowed him to move up the ranks when another major line said he would never be cruise director because of his thick Mexican accent. Which line he left to be with NCL? He didn't say.

Stefan and Ingar seemed happy enough with the company...just said it was time for their 10 weeks off. Ingar hinted he wanted to be back on the Jade due to her being near his homeland.

On an interesting note about staff...

Sin our cruise director explained that he was loyal to NCL after they allowed him to move up the ranks when another major line said he would never be cruise director because of his thick Mexican accent. Which line he left to be with NCL? He didn't say.

I agree but Stefan has only been with NCL for a just over a year and we do not know Ingar. I am not saying everyone is unhappy but no one can deny that when stalwarts like Prem Mustafa and now Yannis resign these is a problem. We were on a cruise recently and the way Mustafa is talked about, he is sorely missed by the team and the mention of Prem always brings smiles to the faces of those who know him.

I am sure as to be certain that Yannis will be held in the same esteem. I also think there is a wish with Yannis to be closer to his family as we know he was missing his son last time we saw him. NCL senior crew contracts are now longer than any in the industry especially with the constant extensions due to crew shortages.

The industry is growing and the need for demand for people like these and others will at this time continue and NCL will no longer be able to rely on loyalty. We as passengers will be replaced and the new guests will not know of these greats so will not miss them.

Also remember that crew are unlikely to speak out publically.

I do agree though that someones accent should not be a bar to promotion. Well done NCL

Only time will tell if I am correct in my thoughts that the golden era has passed and you have to wonder if others are going to follow.

We are Platinum plus and love the product but maybe the time for change is now upon us.

I see what you are saying but it seems to be an industry norm that crew (regardless of rank) leave and change lines quite alot. There always seems to be a particulary high turn over of cruise and hotel directors who are pinched by other lines or simply tire of the maritime life/contract patterns and leave a cruise line. This even seems to happen with main stays. Ingar actually mentioned he had been headhunted and offered jobs by a few lines but stayed put.

NCL may have longer contracts but what you are describing seems to be very similar to the other 3 lines we have sailed with (Carnival especially). Its the same when people start saying 'all of the cuts mean we are starting to dislike ____ lines ' when many major lines are doing the same thing.

I can understand how it feels but it really doesn't seem to just be a NCL thing. I also think that passenger expectations and new ships constantly being plonked in the ocean put pressure on staffing for all lines.

I see what you are saying but it seems to be an industry norm that crew (regardless of rank) leave and change lines quite alot. There always seems to be a particulary high turn over of cruise and hotel directors who are pinched by other lines or simply tire of the maritime life/contract patterns and leave a cruise line. This even seems to happen with main stays. Ingar actually mentioned he had been headhunted and offered jobs by a few lines but stayed put.

NCL may have longer contracts but what you are describing seems to be very similar to the other 3 lines we have sailed with (Carnival especially). Its the same when people start saying 'all of the cuts mean we are starting to dislike ____ lines ' when many major lines are doing the same thing.

I can understand how it feels but it really doesn't seem to just be a NCL thing. I also think that passenger expectations and new ships constantly being plonked in the ocean put pressure on staffing for all lines.

Thanks - we are on the same page. What I am saying is that NCL did have a lot of long serving senior crew and the movement now is epidemic. I can only speak about those that have spoke to us.

Losing a captain of Mikael Hilden experience speaks volumes to me. I suppose though he is now closer to home which means a lot.

Yes you are right about other lines but I can tell you that the pay is better with the others.

I also think that the ship life is no longer acceptable to a lot of the senior people and they will not be prepared to put their lives on hold for cruise lines.

Wow! I can't believe the changes in NCL! I'm nervous now about our next trip!! Oh well I do wish Yannis and the others continued success and hope we meet again!

He will be back on the ships soon - not NCL.

NCL is losing some very key crew recently and it is no coincidence.

Mustafa was a big loss but he is now doing very well.

Prem too is doing fantastically and no doubt Yannis will too wherever he may end up.

But also captain Hilden - a big loss as he was an all round nice guy. We will miss him. Viking and HAL are really gaining some great people.

These people are just great people and we had heard about this coming some time ago. NCL are pushing the boundaries with senior crew and the pattern is that these people are now putting their lives ahead of NCL.

We are fortunate to have had the benefit of sailing with these great individuals and who knows if these losses continue maybe Klaus and Dennis will be back on the ships if this exodus continues.

Yes they will always find crew but will they be the same as these people. You simply can not replace the years that Prem Mustafa and Yannis have.

Although he knows lets wish Yannis much success at his next stage.

Hi, does anyone have any info on the Dawn? Thanks in advance.:D

I would also like information about the officers on the Dawn. Anyone out there want to chime in with some answers? I'm especially interested in the concierge and the butlers, but other staff names would be appreciated also.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I agree but Stefan has only been with NCL for a just over a year and we do not know Ingar. I am not saying everyone is unhappy but no one can deny that when stalwarts like Prem Mustafa and now Yannis resign these is a problem. We were on a cruise recently and the way Mustafa is talked about, he is sorely missed by the team and the mention of Prem always brings smiles to the faces of those who know him.

I am sure as to be certain that Yannis will be held in the same esteem. I also think there is a wish with Yannis to be closer to his family as we know he was missing his son last time we saw him. NCL senior crew contracts are now longer than any in the industry especially with the constant extensions due to crew shortages.

The industry is growing and the need for demand for people like these and others will at this time continue and NCL will no longer be able to rely on loyalty. We as passengers will be replaced and the new guests will not know of these greats so will not miss them.

Also remember that crew are unlikely to speak out publically.

I do agree though that someones accent should not be a bar to promotion. Well done NCL

Only time will tell if I am correct in my thoughts that the golden era has passed and you have to wonder if others are going to follow.

We are Platinum plus and love the product but maybe the time for change is now upon us.

I am agreeing with you 100% about the Golden Era being a thing of the past.

We are high Platinum Plus and don't need a lot to make it to Ambassador.

We may never see that happen.

Yannis has been a favorite for many, many years. He will be missed by all that have met him.

The same with Mustafa.

Other favorites have already left.

Fewer officers (in my opinion) are seen around the ship - except our dear, dear friend, Brian Walters and a few others.

With all of our favorite staff leaving NCL, it is reaffirming that the new management is bottom line oriented.

Kevin O. was passenger oriented.

What a difference!

Prices are up and general service is down.

Our service as Platinum Plus is still very good, but not as good as it was a few years ago.

As each of these favorite staff members leave, the level goes down.

Someone at the Corporate level should sit back and look at what is happening to what was the most wonderful cruise line out there.

BUT, if mediocracy and mega ships are what they want, they can count me out.

It sure looks like that is what is in store for NCL.

I am agreeing with you 100% about the Golden Era being a thing of the past.

We are high Platinum Plus and don't need a lot to make it to Ambassador.

We may never see that happen.

Yannis has been a favorite for many, many years. He will be missed by all that have met him.

The same with Mustafa.

Other favorites have already left.

Fewer officers (in my opinion) are seen around the ship - except our dear, dear friend, Brian Walters and a few others.

With all of our favorite staff leaving NCL, it is reaffirming that the new management is bottom line oriented.

Kevin O. was passenger oriented.

What a difference!

Prices are up and general service is down.

Our service as Platinum Plus is still very good, but not as good as it was a few years ago.

As each of these favorite staff members leave, the level goes down.

Someone at the Corporate level should sit back and look at what is happening to what was the most wonderful cruise line out there.

BUT, if mediocracy and mega ships are what they want, they can count me out.

It sure looks like that is what is in store for NCL.

Your post makes me sad. It is because I agree with you. I am certainly nowhere near your tenure but have chosen NCL many times. Now, I am exploring other options.

And I second your sentiments regarding Brian Walters. He is a class act. Lucky to have dinner with him on the Sun. Enjoyed his company.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums