5% discount for nhs employees

sparky876

Just to explain I am not being provocative - just asking is there really a discount for nhs employees and why specifically nhs employees out of all the public service employees like policemen, fireman, teachers etc etc

Edited by Scriv

All nhs employees receive 5% discount on p&o cruises

Yes you are correct

Now With Double On Board Spending Money -

7 night Atlantic Coast cruise from £799pp

+ 5% NHS discount

Highlights

Exclusive 5% NHS discount off all cruises

Double on board spending money if you book by the 31 January 2015

£260 on board spending money per cabin

Book online, or to book by phone call 0843 374 2288 quoting 000NHS•

Discounted prices shown at the payment stage of the booking

http://www.healthservicediscounts.com/nhs-offer?offer=now-with-double-on-board-spending-money-7-night-atlantic-coast-cruise-from-799pp-2371

Seems I may have missed out all of these years then.

It would be understandable if bookings had to go through the NHS site as we never used that site.

Our loss maybe?

Daftlad, snap.

Worked for 35 years in Health Service cruised for the last 20 years and never been aware about this discount till recently. Have used the NHS discounts in the past but never noticed deals on cruises.:eek:

Never mind we know now.

Like you Pat I worked in the NHS for 28 years (Finance) and never was aware of any discounts until one year they tied up with Barrhead Travel who were promoting discounts for all NHS employees.

Too late now I've been retired for 12 years

David E

Hello David, nice to hear from you. I worked over the years between RHSC, Queen Mother's, Old Beatson Hospital in Hill St Glasgow, Western Infirmary then into GP Health Centre but only for a three month period and then returned to RHSC and Queen Mother's Hospital in Glasgow.

Professor of Everything Master of Nothing that's me.:D

Hope you and Esther are well. Better not deviate away too much from this topic or I will be getting flung overboard;)

Regards Pat

Pat

I was Deputy Treasurer for Lothian Health Board

No snow yet

David E

Hmmmmm, how many cruises did you say you had been on over the years ?

Only joking:D LOL

Actually yes it is snowing here at the minute don't think that it is going to come to anything. Probably by the next time I drop in we will be snowed in.:eek:

By the way David I have just checked with NHS Discounts and discount is still available to people who have retired from NHS. Worth while you and anyone else who has retired from NHS having a look. I will be looking from now on.

Might end up with a NHS Club alongside The Peninsular Club LOL

Pat

Edited by HELEN HENRY

Yes that is correct it is through the NHS DISCOUNT SITE, you get 5% discount plus on board credit or early saver. It is a genuine discount although I know some agents are giving 5% off IF YOU ASK without being a nhs employee. If you do book through nhs discount site, you will need to provide your ID on board. Hope this clears matters up ;)

Hi, from what I read it did say that you would be requested to show your nhs ID on board, have never booked before using this so I am not sure, but maybe best to take it or your payslip just incase x

By all means take a payslip with you but I think if you randomly turned up at the ships reception wafting it around they wouldn't have a clue what you were doing or why.

What about those who forget a payslip or ID, are they going to get a knock at the cabin door asking to cough up 5%?

I think you can safely enjoy your 5% discount knowing the onus is on the booking agent to ensure you meet the criteria for said discount and not the onboard staff.

Happy (discounted!) cruising!

Just booked by phone and got my (genuine) nhs discount..... and an extra £100p/c of obc I wasn't expecting, on top of the double obc deal currently running. Not sure of the reason for this but it definitely wasn't on the dummy web booking I did. I've already set an alarm for sail day to remind me to throw my photo ID in the hand luggage just in case ! [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richlees, I am only stating what I have read, and put this thread to help people out who are NHS employees. NHS ID is simply a credit card size, not exactly difficult to slip in ur purse, just incase, to save embarrassment. Not too sure wot your gripe is about it.Really pleased for you Caroline 135 that you got your NHS discount, hopefully this thread saved you a pound or two.

Edited by sparky876

NHS ID is simply a credit card size, not exactly difficult to slip in ur purse

It is, I don't carry one!

No gripe at all, I just know that with all the other discounts and perks from all manor of companies and organisations that the queue would be 3 times around the atrium if all those benefitting had to go and prove eligibility once onboard.

As I said, happy, discounted cruising!

RichLees, as i had started this forum, I clearly just wanted to express what I had read re the ID check part to save any embarrassment, and personally I am sure they wouldn't ask for it. Most agents will match anyway the discount or even give more, as did mine.

• 4 weeks later...
Just to explain I am not being provocative - just asking is there really a discount for nhs employees and why specifically nhs employees out of all the public service employees like policemen, fireman, teachers etc etc

There is a 5% discount available to emergency services staff via membership of bluelightcard.co.uk. :)