Sea Breeze Panama Canal questions

Heartfelttraveler

I am researching the Sea Breeze Adventures in Panama and Costa Rica 11 night in 2018. We are currently booked on a mega ship to do the Panama Canal, but the Windstar cruise looks much more interesting. I have a few questions for anyone who has done this itinerary before.

1. Does the ship dock in port or anchor and tender?

2. Is it an international guest mix, or mainly USA and Canada?

3. Is it a casual atmosphere or more country club?

4. Any input on the Owner's Suites and Classic Suites.

5. Were there any opportunities to use the water sports platform?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Going through the Panama Canal in a small ship is an amazing experience. The small ships go through the entire canal. The enormity of the canal is highlighted with a small ship. For us this cruise was as fascinating as it was was thrilling and beautiful. I actually felt badly for people on the huge ships we saw as if they were missing something. On all the WS cruises we have been on there were mostly Americans with a healthy mix of Canadians, Brits, Europeans and others. Casual in the day country club at night pure and simpe. We have only been in standard cabins which we like spacious, comfortable, great beds, I know that is subjective like food but we love the mattresses, great water pressure, critical for me, extremely clean, terrific service. The water platform is out when the ship is anchored and the seas are cooperating, WS is very safetly minded. A terrific cruise and I woukd highly recommend it. When we took that cruise they had an outstanding guide going through the canal with us giving a fantastic narration. Happy Sailing.

Sailing through the Panama Canal on Wind Star was a wonderful experience!! One of the highlights for us was being able to move freely about the ship as we went through each lock. We all went to the front of the ship as we entered the lock. As the lock closed behind us we went to the back to watch. As we rose up, you could wander freely to see what interested you. As the lock opened, we all went back up front to watch. The freedom of a small ship and the ability to be any where at any time on the ship was incredible. There was no pushing or shoving. No "saving a spot." And you are so close to the water and the action! And when you sail under the Bridge of America's you are right there! I shall never forget our Panama Canal experience.

The water platform was out several times on our cruise. I'm pretty sure we tendered most ports (we did this cruise in December 2014). I loved being able to wear my pretty sundresses for dinner and my husband appreciated wearing his khaki's and button down. And the crew on Wind Star can't be beat! I say DO IT!!

To the landings - embarkation and disembarkation were both at the pier. As far as I can remember, every other port was either tendered or zodiacs, prepare to get wet up to your knees.

The sports platform was generally out, except one day when the waves were really high. On the day on shore they brought all kinds of sports equipment onto the beach and people were having a great time.