Transatlantic First timer, many questions!!!!

nana3quinn

We will be doing a transatlantic nextApril to Ireland on Celebrity Eclipse. I've been checking airlines and WestJet and Air Legus have nightmare reviews and are expensive. If youbook through Air2Sea which airline do they use? If you arebooking your own flight, who would you choose? What advice can you give me on flying back to Orlando? Also, I'd like feedbackfrom others who have taken transatlantic cruises on Celebrity leaving Miami going to Europe in the spring.

If you mean Aer Lingus, I have flown with them many times with no problems. Don't believe all you read in reviews.

Perhaps you can give us an idea of what you consider to be 'expensive '.

WestJet is a great airline to fly and there staff are friendly and accommodating. They use very modern 737 aircraft, selling the older aircraft off to Southwest.

Where they got into trouble is they wanted to fly some routes that needed larger aircraft. They purchased 4 of these 767 refurbished by Boeing. They have had a lot of problems dispatching these aircraft on time. The 767 are mostly on the Canada to London Gatwick and Calgary to Hawaii routes. That is where the bad reviews are coming from.

I would avoid any flight operated by a 767. The 737 flights are great. I believe the flights to Ireland are on the 737 connecting in St John to other destinations.

One way fares across the Atlantic tend to be very expense. Celebrity's Cruise Air is often a great place to find cheaper one way deals. Basicly you provide your cruise information and the date or dates you want to travel and they give you flight options and prices.

One way fares across the Atlantic tend to be very expense. Celebrity's Cruise Air is often a great place to find cheaper one way deals. Basicly you provide your cruise information and the date or dates you want to travel and they give you flight options and prices.

One airline that prices one way transatlantic fares reasonably is Norwegian. One way tickets from Dublin to Orlando for next spring are running about $400 with a checked bag and a meal. Premium economy is about $1000.

... If you book through Air2Sea which airline do they use? If you arebooking your own flight, who would you choose? What advice can you give me on flying back to Orlando....

As mentioned earlier, Air2Sea ( aka ChoiceAir) does not pick any flights for you. They present you with a range of options and you must select the flight you want.

As far as I can tell, Aer Lingus has the only non-stop flight from Dublin to Orlando. The current price one-way is about $672 departing the day the cruise ends, and that is also the same price that Air2Sea is offering - no discount. The Norwegian Airline flight is about half that amount, but requires a connection in Copenhagen. Is the savings worth the connection and flying on Norwegian Air? Your call.

If you decide on the Aer Lingus non-stop, book directly with the airline since there is no cost advantage to using Air2Sea. Why add a middleman if there is no advantage?

Anyone who takes the time to write a review about an airline is just writing because they are upset. WestJet and Lingus are fine. I would just go with the non-stop from Dublin.

I assume you have been to Europe before? If not please take some time and explore before heading back. London is not to be missed and an easy 45min flight away.