Can someone explain Aqua Class please?

MISSGJ

Hi everyone,

If we book Aqua class do we get all the concierge perks PLUS aqua perks listed on the website or is it instead of?

The price difference in a cruise in looking at is very small but apart from the Persian Garden entrance, concierge perks suit is better.

Thanks

The biggest difference in favor of Aqua Class (IMHO) is the Blu restaurant. It is only available to Aqua Class (and suites, I think). I like the food there much better, and the service is quite nice. I don't care about the daily flavored water / tea (never drank it) in AQ. If it is a small difference in price (e.g. <$100/pp for a week), I'd go with AQ over a regular balcony. I don't see the benefit for Concierge Class (though I have done it a few times since it was the same price as a regular balcony) aside from more Captain's Club points and a bottle of wine. Oh, the footstools actually are nice (in both AQ and CC).

You will receive the Concierge benefits with the exception of the embarkation lunch. Also get Blu as your dining venue;access to Persian Gardens; access to the Relaxation Room;a special shower; special TV programs and more. I will be in AQ Class in 17 days and looking forward to it.

Thank you both thats good news that we get the concierge benifits also.

As a select CC member it says something about a free upgrade so if I book an A2 will I be upgraded to A1?

Yes, you can be upgraded from a A2 to a A1 cabin. However, do your cabin research before taking the upgrade. Depending on the ship, the A1 cabins are not in the best locations. They are mid-ship but that can mean they are under the pool deck in areas more subject to noise.

I recently switched back to a A2 cabin from a A1 on Eclipse for that reason. I was a little worried about noise at night or in the early morning. Not wanting to deal with that, I chose a A2 cabin on the starboard side under the beauty salon.

On Reflection, the extra deck means that AQ Cabins are on decks 11 and 12. IMHO the better AQ cabins are on deck 11 since you'd have cabins above you.

Do your research before accepting the upgrade and enjoy your cruise.

As a select CC member it says something about a free upgrade so if I book an A2 will I be upgraded to A1?

Note that you can only get the upgrade at the time of booking. You can't ask for it retrospectively.

We only book Aqua due to Blu. My husband likes the smaller venue for eating and you go for breakfast also. Blu is located at the back of the ship and you get nice ocean views. You can have a table for two, or seat real close to others. We normally sit at the same table, so we get the same people every night. You get the afternoon canapes which on previous cruises we told our room attendant not to bring, but on our Alaska cruise in May we had them and really enjoyed. (Very small portions)

The other beni is the body shower. Nice change from regular shower head.

We normally book on the lower decks, but with Aqua you are higher up.

The biggest difference is Blu, like eating in a specialty restaurant every night with a different menu. Also, don't want you to get too excited about Concierge benefits. Most of them are just fluff or available to everyone else on the ship. An example is priority boarding which is a separate line for Concierge. Often the regular lines are shorter. The only real benefit not included is the Concierge embarkation luncheon which you would not get in AQ cabins. Blu far surpasses one luncheon.

While I agree with the others that Blu is our main reason for booking AQ, I also really enjoy the access to the Persian Gardens.

I head there around 4:00 PM each day to use the heated loungers, take a steam and am rejuvenated for the evening to come.

Never watched them...probably wellness oriented.

We stick with the A2 locations...usually. Depends if S or M Class,..M class under bandstand are noisy

PG much nicer on S class...

Not sure if Concierge cabins on M class are larger & have more storage...used to be, but maybe they have been re named AQ????

Thanks everyone. Blu sounds great and we would love to try that. It would be on the Solstice on an Alaska cruise so I was thinking it would be nice to access the steam and spa to warm up each day. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to apply the upgrade online. I've entered my CC number but it hasn't done anything to the price at all.

Thanks everyone. Blu sounds great and we would love to try that. It would be on the Solstice on an Alaska cruise so I was thinking it would be nice to access the steam and spa to warm up each day. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to apply the upgrade online. I've entered my CC number but it hasn't done anything to the price at all.

Put the cabin you want on hold and call the Captain's Club or your travel agent. If you don't call them, a Celebrity vacation planner will call you.

Blu is NOT a specialty restaurant. It is a smaller dining room with a menu that is different from the MDR. The portions are somewhat smaller than the MDR and the service is excellent. Outstanding breakfast served in Blu. Be aware that many Aqua Class rooms are under an overhang which may could be a concern for sun lovers.

The Relaxation Room is open to all.

Never watched them...probably wellness oriented.

We stick with the A2 locations...usually. Depends if S or M Class,..M class under bandstand are noisy

PG much nicer on S class...

Not sure if Concierge cabins on M class are larger & have more storage...used to be, but maybe they have been re named AQ????

Concierge cabins on M class are larger than regular veranda cabins. On S class, concierge are the same size as regular verandas.

Ok thank you. I'm trying to get an idea of price so if I book onboard (Royal Caribean Cruise but I believe they can book Celebrity) they will allow me to book a A1 cabin for an A2 price?

Yes, you would book an A1 cabin but pay the A2 price. Just make sure you get this at the time of booking because they will not go back and credit you with the price difference. We had an A1 cabin on Solstice under the solarium and did not have any noise issues.

Thank you for your reply. I'm a little worried as some people say Next Cruise staff onboard Royal are not too familiar with the onboard booking benefits of Celebrity and vica versa so I will have to remember to make sure we get the cabin we want.

Blu is NOT a specialty restaurant. It is a smaller dining room with a menu that is different from the MDR. The portions are somewhat smaller than the MDR and the service is excellent. Outstanding breakfast served in Blu. Be aware that many Aqua Class rooms are under an overhang which may could be a concern for sun lovers.

I believe that Relaxation rm is open to those in AQ, those with spa appts and probably suites( who can go most anyhere) . But not open to all unless that has changed, not big enough a space for all! Some spa personnel more diligent than others,

I said that it is "like eating in a specialty restaurant" however on the old web site Celebrity considered Blu a specialty restaurant. Now on the web site they have lumped all restaurants on the same page, MDR, Grills, Specialties, Aqua spa. They do however list on the web site on a different page all the Specialty restaurants without actually calling them Specialties like it used to be and Blu is on that page. I don't care what they call it, I was only trying to make a comparison.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/eat-and-drink/restaurants-and-cafes

The only available staterooms in A1 category are deck 11 midship underneath the pool area. Would this not be noisy?

You would most likely hear the moving of chairs early in the morning when they are doing their cleaning/set ups for the day. Alot depends if you are a light sleeper or not. I try to make sure there are cabins above me if available.

I said that it is "like eating in a specialty restaurant" however on the old web site Celebrity considered Blu a specialty restaurant.

Saying that Blu is "like eating in a specialty restaurant" may be misleading to those new to Aqua Class. It is a nice dining venue but does not compare to Murano and Tuscan Grill in terms of service, atmosphere or quality of food. That is why there is a premium $$$ to dine in those restaurants.

You would most likely hear the moving of chairs early in the morning when they are doing their cleaning/set ups for the day. Alot depends if you are a light sleeper or not. I try to make sure there are cabins above me if available.

That's what we try to avoid. We were once under the fitness center on a Disney Ship and it was very very loud. I would prefer cabins above as you said so I guess we should refuse the upgrade from A2 to A1 and stick with an aft cabin on deck 11.