Don't you think, with all the website issues, Celebrity could ..............

mafig

The work experience kids are at it again today. All membership details are gone. When trying to amend something in a booking it exits to the main page losing everything you've just entered. RCL website is about the same. Showing no cabin availability when a search on other sites shows multiple cabins available. Deleting GO BEST from a booking takes you back to the main page pre search. It is an awful mess.

The work experience kids are at it again today. All membership details are gone. When trying to amend something in a booking it exits to the main page losing everything you've just entered. RCL website is about the same. Showing no cabin availability when a search on other sites shows multiple cabins available. Deleting GO BEST from a booking takes you back to the main page pre search. It is an awful mess.

Same here. I am Elite Plus and have two cruises currently booked. When I log on now it tells me I don't have any history and no past Celebrity cruises. You can't make this stuff up. It is extremely frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just went to the website - logged in and its saying I don't have a captains club # and all of my personal info is now missing?? Anyone else?

I think it gets to the stage when you're frightened to login in case something else has disappeared or isn't working.

All of the above!!! Tried to do online checkin and had to call Captain's Club twice. Used Chrome initially, was told not to even try Safari and finally completed on Firefox. What a mess...had all my info input and then it locks me out, says no loyalty and to call for missing info. If I didn't already know how great the onboard experience is and all I had to judge the company by was their website then I'd probably never sail with them!! So sad.

The web site is the customers likely first point of contact with Celebrity.

Celebrity obviously does not care about their first point of contact - otherwise it would be more reflective of a higher standard then it is.

As a consumer - I do not patronize a restaurant or other service provider where the premise's curb appeal is low to zero. Low curb appeal / low mainteance standards says alot about the lack of pride in the business/arrogance assuming people will still do business with them. This raises a question in my mind - what exactly then will they provide to me if I do business with them?

Forward to Celebrity - not impressive and is a turn off.

I think it gets to the stage when you're frightened to login in case something else has disappeared or isn't working.

That's me~:D I used to check my reservation every day. Now it's Mon/Wed/Fri.

For a split second I was going to look today, but now I'm too afraid.:(

I use a TA as well as a Celebrity planner depending if I am booking in Cad or USD funds.

Last time i spoke to the Celebrity planner he said he gets complaints daily. And not just one or two...so it is frustrating for the employees too. I can't imagine why this had not improved.

It has been going on for so long.

why on earth has Celebrity not got this thing fixed already. What is there issue ???

Brockmom

Last year I had similar experience with RC website - every time I went to my reservation - everything got screwed up: specialty restaurants, shows, excursions.. I had to call CS and they said - they are aware of their website " glitch"( going into a reservation trigger something that causing that problem) and worst of it -they don't know if it is ever will be fixed. Made me so frustrated, so I decided not sail with them again.

Chances are the actual people working on the new web site implementation are not Celebrity IT employees but are employed by some contractor and were not given a tightly designed set of specifications as to what to implement. They probably also have no cruising experience and have no idea what users of the interface really need. They also obviously do not know how to properly test the software after developing it.

This situation reminds me of two stories from my working life.

In one case I met the owner of a software company. He would get in a set of specs and, realizing there was no way in the world what was in the specs could actually work, would reword what the specs said to be perfectly clear about what was requested and give a very low bid to get the job.

He would win jobs this way and after writing the software to the specs, the contracting company would agree the specs were met but the software was useless. That is when the change orders came. And that is when the contracting company made mucho $$$$.

The other case involved a contractor who sublet the job to some incompetent programmers. The contract was on a cost+ basis which means the more work that is done, the more $$ the contractor is paid. Each time a bug was reported, the main contractor would pass the info to the subcontractor to get the bug fixed. The more effort it took to get the bug fixed, the more we had to pay. When I questioned the main contractor why it cost so much to get the software to work, the response was "We are not responsible for fixing the bug. The subcontractor does that and we get paid 15% for passing the info onto to them."

So with cost+ contracts, the more problems incompetent programmers introduce, the more money the contractor makes. There is no incentive to provide a working product the first (or second or third or...) time.