UBP Changes August 2017 - Premium Spirits

megacruiser

Just back from the Jade to the Norwegian Fjords. Was surprised to see Glenmorangie Malt Whisky and Tanqueray Ten Gin included once again within the UBP. This change happened in August and is fleet-wide. As a consequence of the change they had insufficient stock to cope with the increased demand. They ran out half way through the cruise and the Beverage Manager was not permitted to substitute an alternative Malt...

be9e2ff62faa65f536f5f858b7f8fb42.jpge950e42005417a80ceb012a76c27be0c.jpge3b04a791cbd4d47726939f83e088c6c.jpg0bd8dcf546e6ef0f517a4648280748f1.jpg7755ed95d9a7616967fa98ad72198e8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the update. Question: On the wine list, it shows two glass icons and then a bottle icon. Which one represents a normal, 5 ounce / 150 ml pour? And, is that the included UBP wine amount?

Thanks for the pics/feedback.

It amazes me that NCL can't get it "right" (some semblance of pricing relative to actual costs). I see the Maker's and Basil Hayden are absent, so it will be more than 16.95; hilarious.

Looks like in the next year, the wines could be pared down to (1) white and (1) red.

This all good because it's all FREE :eek:

Just back from the Jade to the Norwegian Fjords. Was surprised to see Glenmorangie Malt Whisky and Tanqueray Ten Gin included once again within the UBP. This change happened in August and is fleet-wide. As a consequence of the change they had insufficient stock to cope with the increased demand. They ran out half way through the cruise and the Beverage Manager was not permitted to substitute an alternative Malt...

be9e2ff62faa65f536f5f858b7f8fb42.jpge950e42005417a80ceb012a76c27be0c.jpge3b04a791cbd4d47726939f83e088c6c.jpg0bd8dcf546e6ef0f517a4648280748f1.jpg7755ed95d9a7616967fa98ad72198e8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not having any luck finding the $$$ limit on wines if you have the UCB. Assume it's like other lines you can order as many glasses as you want but not a bottle? The cut off for 'included" and upcharge?

Thanks!!

"Norwegian's Ultimate Beverage Package includes a variety of spirits, cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to and including $15 USD and unlimited fountain pop and juices at all bars, lounges, restaurants and the Great Stirrup Cay. A 20% discount will be applied to all bottles of wine purchased on board."

- This is a quote from the terms and conditions that I found on the NCL website. This tells me that you can get beverages by the glass with the UBP up to $15 per glass - but you can only get a 20% discount if you want a whole bottle at once.

I keep hoping Woodford Reserve to drop down a notch before next March but I doubt there will be another change that quick. I guess I can drown my sorrows with Crown. Life is hard.

That bourbon list is sad - only one actual bourbon included in UBP? I've not sailed NCL yet so will see how it goes onboard. I'm a Knob Creek drinker normally but would take Woodford Reserve if they included it!

That bourbon list is sad - only one actual bourbon included in UBP? I've not sailed NCL yet so will see how it goes onboard. I'm a Knob Creek drinker normally but would take Woodford Reserve if they included it!

I hear you. Maker's Mark drinker here. My last free beverage package had Buffalo Trace, Jim Beam, Jim Beam Red Stag, Knob Creek, Maker's Mark, Tatoosh, and Wild Turkey 101. Maker's, Knob Creek and Tatoosh were $7.95. The rest were $6.75 or $7.50 Of course, that was on our usual, old people cruise line, which was completely lacking in water slides. Also, they only let you have 15 drinks a day on the package. I suppose that could be a problem if you needed more than a fifth each day. ;) I mean, you could always buy drinks number 16 and up...

I've resigned myself to Bulliet for the week, although I prefer a little less rye in the mash.

On the plus side, I couldn't get Pitbull's Voli vodka on the other ship, and you just can't get too much Pitbull.

I hear you. Maker's Mark drinker here. My last free beverage package had Buffalo Trace, Jim Beam, Jim Beam Red Stag, Knob Creek, Maker's Mark, Tatoosh, and Wild Turkey 101. Maker's, Knob Creek and Tatoosh were $7.95. The rest were $6.75 or $7.50 Of course, that was on our usual, old people cruise line, which was completely lacking in water slides. Also, they only let you have 15 drinks a day on the package. I suppose that could be a problem if you needed more than a fifth each day. ;) I mean, you could always buy drinks number 16 and up...

I've resigned myself to Bulliet for the week, although I prefer a little less rye in the mash.

On the plus side, I couldn't get Pitbull's Voli vodka on the other ship, and you just can't get too much Pitbull.

Beer/Bourbon drinker here, super sad at this list, no good Bourbon options I would pay for top shelf if there was one, but there isn't even an Elijiah Craig 12 on the list, and that's cheaper than Woodford. I'm booked on the Bliss and they have a District Brew house, so maybe there will at least be some sort of actual craft beer, not some AB/InBev buyout brand.

Beer/Bourbon drinker here, super sad at this list, no good Bourbon options I would pay for top shelf if there was one, but there isn't even an Elijiah Craig 12 on the list, and that's cheaper than Woodford. I'm booked on the Bliss and they have a District Brew house, so maybe there will at least be some sort of actual craft beer, not some AB/InBev buyout brand.

The District Brew House on the Escape has some decent selections. I was just gobsmacked by the bourbons. Maybe I misread the acronym and it's Unimpressive Bourbon Package. ;) Don't get me wrong, I can find a workaround. But it's bourbon for crying out loud. It's not like we're looking for a rare absinthe.

The District Brew House on the Escape has some decent selections. I was just gobsmacked by the bourbons. Maybe I misread the acronym and it's Unimpressive Bourbon Package. ;) Don't get me wrong, I can find a workaround. But it's bourbon for crying out loud. It's not like we're looking for a rare absinthe.

It would not even take a beverage professional to find popular, cost effective spirits in this day and age. Look at your distro list and cross reference it with websites ranking peoples preferences, then pay $2 more a bottle for Basil Hayden's or EC12 and that bottle of JW red doesn't collect dust. Maybe even take your allocated Weller 12 and make it some ultra premium because it's more rare but still cheap.

Do you have a list or recall what breweries were carried at District? I'll cry if they are trying to peddle Elysian or 10 barrel as craft.

Edited by Caribbean Drifters
typo

It would not even take a beverage professional to find popular, cost effective spirits in this day and age. Look at your distro list and cross reference it with websites ranking peoples preferences, then pay $2 more a bottle for Basil Hayden's or EC12 and that bottle of JW red doesn't collect dust. Maybe even take your allocated Weller 12 and make it some ultra premium because it's more rare but still cheap.

Do you have a list or recall what breweries were carried at District? I'll cry if they are trying to peddle Elysian or 10 barrel as craft.

I have a list compiled from a live thread posted by TheDougOut in mid July. I'll post a link in the morning. There are a few local, south Florida breweries. Off the top of my head, I remember Due South, Funky Buddha, and Cigar City. Funky Buddha just sold to Constellation, but that was only a week ago

Full list in the AM.