Carnival really needs to update the shows and dump Motown.

frayedend

I've been on 4 carnival cruises over the past 8 years or so. I've seen the Motown show, umm, 4 times. My teens didn't know the songs and thought the show was good for "wasting some time". I can't imagine the singer/dancers still enjoy all this old stuff. Why doesn't Carnival update shows ever? Is it just certain ships. Heck even the background music before and after shows and throughout the ship is old Motown stuff. This music is like 40 years old. They aren't winning over young cruisers this way.

I've been on 4 carnival cruises over the past 8 years or so. I've seen the Motown show, umm, 4 times. My teens didn't know the songs and thought the show was good for "wasting some time". I can't imagine the singer/dancers still enjoy all this old stuff. Why doesn't Carnival update shows ever? Is it just certain ships. Heck even the background music before and after shows and throughout the ship is old Motown stuff. This music is like 40 years old. They aren't winning over young cruisers this way.

Ah, the young cruisers... we must get the young cruisers with all their money!

Meanwhile us old farts continue to cruise 2-3 times a year. But you are right of course...

Were new shows not just added within the last couple of years? We've been on 3 since May 2015 and there have been different ones.

There was nothing new on my cruise. Divas is dated also. Love and marriage, old. Game show? Can me on really.

Maybe it's the ships you're going on. We've seen new shows and there will be 3 other new ones when we go on the Vista next month. Idk what the end of your sentence says but every cruise I've been on the Love & Marriage show has been packed.

Maybe it's the ships you're going on. We've seen new shows and there will be 3 other new ones when we go on the Vista next month. Idk what the end of your sentence says but every cruise I've been on the Love & Marriage show has been packed.

Glad to hear their are other options on some ships. We couldn't do love and marriage this time as it was listed as 18 and over. I was alone with my teens so we opted for comedy club. I just know the love and marriage thing has been around forever. Overall I think cruising is losing its luster a bit because evening entertainment hasn't changed much. At least on Carnival. We had a great cruise. Would just like some new stuff. Newer music would certainly help.

Not only is Carnival entertainment the same old thing, and this goes for the Marraige show, and rock of ages or whatever it is called, but so are all the CD's spiels and shillings.

When I realized I knew what the CD was about to announce, I didn't blame Carnival, but I knew it was time to book other cruise lines.

You should consider, Royal, Princess or NCL just to mix it up a bit.

Can't tell you how many times we've seen Epic Rock, Divas and Getaway(?) Island show. Doesn't bother us in the least. Seeing some of them again in a couple of weeks. We only sail West Coast and we expect to see the same shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think the old production shows were FAR superior to the current Playlist shows. I don't even bother going to see the Playlist shows. But...if you enjoy them....that's all that matters.

The playlist production shows have gotten much better than they were when they started out. We saw some great shows in early 2017 on the Breeze and the Freedom. It was sad that they were so poorly attended because the performers really gave their all.

Totally agree!

So far, DW and I have been on Norwegian Getaway, HAL Eurodam, Oceania Regatta, and are prepping for a cruise next month (either Carnival or Royal Caribbean), and are going on MSC Divina in October.

If you are bored with the entertainment offerings, switch it up and sail other cruise lines. DW and I cruise (obviously) multiple times per year. We realized long ago that it is pointless to stick to one cruise line. And if you have status with multiple cruise lines, it is really is a moot point.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will love the shows on the MSC Divina. There is so much going on at all times on stage in the MSC shows.

They are the best we have seen at sea and we have sailed NCL, CCL, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess and HAL. Don't miss the afternoon opera performance, even if you don't like opera.

The playlist production shows have gotten much better than they were when they started out. We saw some great shows in early 2017 on the Breeze and the Freedom. It was sad that they were so poorly attended because the performers really gave their all.

One of my favorite Playlist Productions shows that we've seen was on the Breeze a couple of months ago when we sailed. It was called "Flick: The Art of Movies" and it was AMAZING. My son loved the 88 Keys show and even though we've seen 80s Pop to the Max about 4 times now, we'll continue to go see it every time (if it's on the ship we're on) because we're huge 80s fans. My son (who is only 13) also really liked the Motown show. So clearly, it's not just the old folks who dig the Motown music. :)

You will love the shows on the MSC Divina. There is so much going on at all times on stage in the MSC shows.

They are the best we have seen at sea and we have sailed NCL, CCL, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess and HAL. Don't miss the afternoon opera performance, even if you don't like opera.

I'll second that emotion. While there were certainly aspects of the MSC cruise experience that didn't appeal to me personally, their shows were very good and greatly varied, much better than the new "Playlist" Carnival shows. I do enjoy the Carnival shows, but MSC shows are superior imho. Overall, I still prefer Carnival in general though.

They were probably "poorly attended" because many of us have seen so many "Playlist" shows, and found them to be far less than good. "Divas" was one of the worst excuses for a show that I've ever seen. LOL Anyway, I'll attend the shows on my next cruise in hopes that it's improved. Thanks for the "heads up" that it may be.

"SKY"

They were probably "poorly attended" because many of us have seen so many "Playlist" shows, and found them to be far less than good. "Divas" was one of the worst excuses for a show that I've ever seen. LOL Anyway, I'll attend the shows on my next cruise in hopes that it's improved. Thanks for the "heads up" that it may be.

"SKY"

The first playlist show we saw was Divas. Flashing lights are the best instigator for migraines ever and we left after about 10 minutes. And we thought those 10 minutes were pretty bad.

Since than the shows have improved and think Epic Rock and 88 keys are pretty good but not as good as older production shows they have done such as Ticket to Ride.

One of the reasons most of our cruises these days are on Princess is they do excellent production shows.

Meanwhile us old farts continue to cruise 2-3 times a year. But you are right of course...

Lol! Carnival probably gets more money out of the young cruisers than the old ones... there's a reason for the "stingy old fart" sterotype.

Lol! Carnival probably gets more money out of the young cruisers than the old ones... there's a reason for the "stingy old fart" sterotype.

My thought on the young cruisers was simply that my kids aren't really interested in cruising anymore. If they don't have any current entertainment they may lose potential future revenue. It's good marketing to get brand loyalty at an early age. Carnival isn't even trying.

We might not be typical, but I am a young cruiser and sail 2-3 times a year as well. We started in 2014 and just went on our 8th cruise with a back to back coming up in a few months. I have seen several repeated shows and agree, a change would be nice. I did enjoy the entertainment on the longer 8 day cruise we took. They had a few variety shows including a juggling comedian, hypnotist, magic shows, etc. I do not care for the singing and dancing shows anymore. Many of the singers are bad anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app