Coffee package

Advice001

We are due to cruise on the P&O Oceana in October and we are both coffee addicts and I mean very strong coffee.

We frequently use Costa coffee shops here in the UK and just wondering if the standards of the coffee is the same on board. Can anyone advise please we are usually double espresso drinkers - would it be worth it buying a coffee package? Any advice would be welcomed :)

Have used the Costa coffee shop on Britannia. It compares very favourably with the UK stores, but we can't speak for the espresso as we usually drink latte or Americano. The prices are also much the same as UK. We didn't think the coffee package offered much of a saving, so paid as we went.

At home I have a Nespresso machine. On board I have to go to Costa Coffee to get a decent cup of coffee. The coffee served in the restaurants, and as far as I've experienced in the Select Restaurants too, is hardly deserving of the name. When I go to Costa Coffee I ask for a Double Espresso with a small jug of hot milk - that's how I like my coffee. It works fine, not quite up to the Nespresso standard but not far off. I've never bought a Coffee Card as I wasn't sure what it covered, whether it would cover what I buy.

The coffee served in the restaurants, and as far as I've experienced in the Select Restaurants too, is hardly deserving of the name.

I drink very little coffee, but when I do I like it to be good and have always steered clear of P&O coffee because it is so awful. We are just back from Aurora and had a fabulous cup of coffee to round off our meal in the Beach House. I hold out little hope it will filter down to the MDR. :D

I enjoy a decent cup of coffee too and like many on here cannot stand what they serve in the dining rooms. So on our last cruise as well as taking some coffee bags to have in the cabin, I also purchased a Costa Coffee card and used to buy a takeaway Americano every morning on my way to breakfast, so I had a decent, hot, cup of coffee to enjoy with breakfast.

Michele

• 2 weeks later...

I take lots of Starbucks Via sachets which is IMO the best instant coffee. Apparently they used to put cafetières in suites but the coffee grounds caused havoc with the plumbing - no idea if that's true. You could take those little one-cup filters although they may be too weak for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums