Senior rate with included beverage package?

Jade13

Has anyone been able to get a senior rate that included the beverage package? (I know what matters is the final price).

We have an existing booking on Summit, and when I looked on the Celebrity website yesterday the same cruise/cabin category came up with a senior rate and beverage package option at "$0.00" and lower price than our current booking. I went far enough into the booking process to show a rate with taxes and port fees. When I asked my agent to reprice, Celebrity told them that the senior rate price cannot be combined with the "Included" classic drinks package, even though I provided a screen shot showing the rate with beverage package at $0.00. Celebrity told the agent the the package "is just a suggestion".

The current price we have with the agents group rate and classic beverage package is less than the senior rate and paying for the beverage package, but more than the senior rate if package included at $0.00. Price difference is close to $500.00 for 2 in an OV on a 7 night cruise.

Is this just a website glitch, and if so, shouldn't the cruise line honor the price?

We are outside of final payment.

Edited by Jade13

It is generally understood that when using any special rates there are no perks included. Have you tried booking this with the package included at X's website already?

If you are able to do so, then book it and cancel the existing reservation and then transfer the new one to your TA.

This is also in the T&C's about special rates/fares etc.

bon voyage

I would have gone further and actually made the booking by putting it on 24 hr hold. Then review what was included. If it did include the perk then they should honor it as it is a real booking. I suspect however that when you get to the invoice the perk will not be included. As others have said it's pretty common knowledge that senior and resident rates are without perks.

Earlier this year we booked 11 nights on the Equinox at the senior rate. The resident and military rates were exactly the same as the senior rate. Had I booked the regular rate with the free perks it would have cost approx. $900-1000 more for the cabin. I preferred to save all that money and give up the perks. Had the senior/resident/military rate not been available I probably would not have booked the cruise. Everyone needs to decide how much value it is to them to pass up the discounted rates and take the "free perks".

In 2018 and 2019j, for most cruises there are no senior-discount rates; when you click on 55+ the fare remains the same and on the next screen you generally see the same perks offered with or without clicking the 55+.

So if your cruise is after 2017, see if the regular fare is the same as the 55+.

It is generally understood that when using any special rates there are no perks included. Have you tried booking this with the package included at X's website already?

If you are able to do so, then book it and cancel the existing reservation and then transfer the new one to your TA.

This is also in the T&C's about special rates/fares etc.

bon voyage

I would have but I also have the book on board $200.00 deposit and OBC, even though I had to pay the full deposit when transferring to my agent for the group rate.

Also, my agent has talked to two people at Celebrity, and tried to get that rate on line today and of course now it won't come up the same way it did yesterday. It seems to have been a computer glitch which they won't honor even though we have the screen shot.

in 2018 and 2019j, for most cruises there are no senior-discount rates; when you click on 55+ the fare remains the same and on the next screen you generally see the same perks offered with or without clicking the 55+.

So if your cruise is after 2017, see if the regular fare is the same as the 55+.

I would have but I also have the book on board $200.00 deposit and OBC, even though I had to pay the full deposit when transferring to my agent for the group rate.

Also, my agent has talked to two people at Celebrity, and tried to get that rate on line today and of course now it won't come up the same way it did yesterday. It seems to have been a computer glitch which they won't honor even though we have the screen shot.

If you should see the same scenario again, put it on a 24 hour hold and give your TA the booking number for him/her to contact Celebrity. I have in the past been booked as part of a group, but was later taken out of the group when a better deal came along.

I had a similar situation earlier this year. Found a much lower rate for a much higher cabin level late at night, when my TA was not available. Placed a new A2 cabin on 24 hour hold; the next day my TA was able to transfer my original reservation to my A2 hold cabin, then apply the loyalty upgrade and change it to a new A1 cabin - all without losing my on-board booking OBC booking benefit.

By the way, my original on-board reservation was for an entirely different cruise; so my reservation actually went through three changes: from cruise 1 to cruise 2, from a 2B to an A2 and then from an A2 to an A1 - all without losing the on-board OBC benefit.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

Earlier this year we booked 11 nights on the Equinox at the senior rate. The resident and military rates were exactly the same as the senior rate. Had I booked the regular rate with the free perks it would have cost approx. $900-1000 more for the cabin. I preferred to save all that money and give up the perks. Had the senior/resident/military rate not been available I probably would not have booked the cruise. Everyone needs to decide how much value it is to them to pass up the discounted rates and take the "free perks".

Same experience here. To call the purchase of a beverage package a perk seems to misrepresent the intent of the word.

We have an existing booking on Summit, and when I looked on the Celebrity website yesterday the same cruise/cabin category came up with a senior rate and beverage package option at "$0.00" and lower price than our current booking. I went far enough into the booking process to show a rate with taxes and port fees. When I asked my agent to reprice, Celebrity told them that the senior rate price cannot be combined with the "Included" classic drinks package, even though I provided a screen shot showing the rate with beverage package at $0.00. Celebrity told the agent the the package "is just a suggestion".

That is correct that GO BIG, etc packages. are not combinable with XCiting Deals, Senior Rates or Resident Rates. Just had the same thing happen to me with Summit on and XCiting Deals.