The Jade Dining Package

karinad

Hi, we're booked on the Jade in Oct. and we picked the deal that gave the dining package and internet minutes included with our rate. My question is, what will we end up paying out of pocket to eat at the specialty restaurants? I seen that some of them have a la carte prices. What does it include? I think we have 4 nights we can reserve.

We never had this kind of package that included specialty dining and we were never on The Jade. We just want to know what we're in for. Thanks!!!

You are in luck. The jade doesn't have any specialties that have additional charges with the SDP. You'll be able to eat at teppanyaki and moderno without paying the cover. The a la cartes are Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina. You are limited to 1 entrée but can order as much of everything else and the whole food bill will be covered by the SDP credit.

Thank you both for your answers! That's great news that everything is actually included!

So, it sounds like it might be a different case on other ships like the Getaway???? My sister is going on the Getaway in Sept. and was concerned about paying extra money.

Hi, we're booked on the Jade in Oct. and we picked the deal that gave the dining package and internet minutes included with our rate. My question is, what will we end up paying out of pocket to eat at the specialty restaurants? I seen that some of them have a la carte prices. What does it include? I think we have 4 nights we can reserve.

We never had this kind of package that included specialty dining and we were never on The Jade. We just want to know what we're in for. Thanks!!!

Are you on the October 16th cruise? We're on that one.

Thank you both for your answers! That's great news that everything is actually included!

So, it sounds like it might be a different case on other ships like the Getaway???? My sister is going on the Getaway in Sept. and was concerned about paying extra money.

Yes, the newer ships have additional specialties that have a surcharge to use the SDP credit. I believe they do still have the 5 free ones though, so it is optional.

f939936a2e3d81ce013b9436e87ea5db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As a small note as we left the Jade on Saturday we bumped into a couple who had the 4DP and the wife didn't like her steak in Cagney's. They gave her a whole new steak and let her husband eat the other one as well as his own. ;)

Also, we noticed that on embarkation day all the speciality restuarants were showing as green (not many booked in yet) but by the end of the second day most of the times for all resturants were showing as yellow (filling up) or in many cases red (full).

Teppenyaki and Moderno had the most red while Cucina and Cagney's had more availability.

Yes, Teppenyaki is among the popular specialty dining as they only have limited seating and it would be a good experience to see the chef cooking/grilling right in front of you.

Then Cagney's - it is well known because of steaks.

Since you have the specialty dining package, you can try each different restaurant or repeat one of the restaurants you like. And you do not need to worry about the a la carte pricing. You are limited to 1 entree, but can have more than 1 desserts.

Thank you to all of you for your helpful information! I'm glad that we won't have to put out more money or it wouldn't be such a benefit. We aren't big drinkers, but if we were, the fact that you still have to put out some money for the drink package wouldn't be worth it for us!

Does anyone know if the Jade has coffee makers in the balcony cabins? The Gem did when we were on her a few years ago.

Thank you to all of you for your helpful information! I'm glad that we won't have to put out more money or it wouldn't be such a benefit. We aren't big drinkers, but if we were, the fact that you still have to put out some money for the drink package wouldn't be worth it for us!

Does anyone know if the Jade has coffee makers in the balcony cabins? The Gem did when we were on her a few years ago.

Yep, we were on the jade in Jan and the balcony rooms had coffee makers. As a side note, cagney's was awful on our trip. When we were waiting to be seated there was a woman complaining that her food was bad and she sent it back multiple times and it never got better. We ordered 2 medium steaks, broccoli, and truffle fries. We got 1 mid rare and 1 mid well steak and absolutely nothing was seasoned. Didn't bother sending it back due to the other ladies complaints. So unless you are a die hard steak fan, I'd consider skipping cagney's on the jade.

Yep, we were on the jade in Jan and the balcony rooms had coffee makers. As a side note, cagney's was awful on our trip. When we were waiting to be seated there was a woman complaining that her food was bad and she sent it back multiple times and it never got better. We ordered 2 medium steaks, broccoli, and truffle fries. We got 1 mid rare and 1 mid well steak and absolutely nothing was seasoned. Didn't bother sending it back due to the other ladies complaints. So unless you are a die hard steak fan, I'd consider skipping cagney's on the jade.

Was that pre-refurb that you were on the Jade?

Sorry to hear that your experience in Cagney's wasn't good. We had a not so good experience in Le Bistro on The Gem a few years ago. I'm a little skeptical of the food on NCL especially in the MDR. I hope it didn't get worse!

We had the exact opposite experience in Cagney's on the Jade in December. It was the best meal we had all week (and all the food was good - no complaints at all). Because of that experience, we will be dining there three times on our upcoming cruise in October. I hope your experience was just a bad day!

We had the exact opposite experience in Cagney's on the Jade in December. It was the best meal we had all week (and all the food was good - no complaints at all). Because of that experience, we will be dining there three times on our upcoming cruise in October. I hope your experience was just a bad day!

Yes it was pre-refurb. And good to know this. Maybe it was just a bad night. I thought it might have just been a bad head chef stationed there.

YES! See https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/specialty-dining-package/faq

You will NOT be charged for the meals themselves; these are included in your incentive package.

HOWEVER, you WILL be charged for the 18 percent gratuity and specialty service charge. The total should be approximately $28.00 per person. There is no gratuity or specialty service charge for your internet package. If you had ordered the beverage incentive package, your "extra" gratuity and service charges wojld total approximately $280.00.

YES! See https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/specialty-dining-package/faq

You will NOT be charged for the meals themselves; these are included in your incentive package.

HOWEVER, you WILL be charged for the 18 percent gratuity and specialty service charge. The total should be approximately $28.00 per person. There is no gratuity or specialty service charge for your internet package. If you had ordered the beverage incentive package, your "extra" gratuity and service charges wojld total approximately $280.00.

That sucks! Why don't they just add it like they do to the drink package? An extra $56. per meal for 2 people per restaurant? That's another $200 and some dollars added to our onboard account. That doesn't sound right. It's enough to make me skip the restaurants and save that money!:mad:

That sucks! Why don't they just add it like they do to the drink package? An extra $56. per meal for 2 people per restaurant? That's another $200 and some dollars added to our onboard account. That doesn't sound right. It's enough to make me skip the restaurants and save that money!:mad:

??? Don't understand this post

I believe you're misunderstanding the fees. I have the SDP and as long as I don't have 2 entrees, which I never could, I will NOT pay anything extra for any meal included with the SDP.

Please clarify what you are referring to with the $56 charge. Sorry, maybe I'm dumb but have no idea where you're getting this charge.

Cheers... maybe it's the wine... lol

You have misunderstood the post you quoted (which has some factual errors anyway).

You do get charged for the gratuity in the same way that you do with the UDP. Nothing gets charged to your onboard account. The gratuity is actually something like $14 each ($28 per couple). That is for the entire cruise, not per person.

Again, this is charged up front with your cruise fare. Nothing is added to your onboard account.

I believe you're misunderstanding the fees. I have the SDP and as long as I don't have 2 entrees, which I never could, I will NOT pay anything extra for any meal included with the SDP.

Please clarify what you are referring to with the $56 charge. Sorry, maybe I'm dumb but have no idea where you're getting this charge.

Cheers... maybe it's the wine... lol

Pst #15 said that we won't be charged for the meals, however, we will be charged $28.pp for an 18% service charge, etc. Maybe I misunderstood what they said. $28pp times 2 people per restaurant. If 2 people eat at the 4 Specialty Restaurants included in the package we have, that equals $224. I hope I did misunderstand!:confused:

You have misunderstood the post you quoted (which has some factual errors anyway).

You do get charged for the gratuity in the same way that you do with the UDP. Nothing gets charged to your onboard account. The gratuity is actually something like $14 each ($28 per couple). That is for the entire cruise, not per person.

Again, this is charged up front with your cruise fare. Nothing is added to your onboard account.

Thank you for clarifying that! I was getting a little upset! It didn't quite sound right to me! The only way that it would be a good benefit is that we don't have to pay another penny!

Pst #15 said that we won't be charged for the meals, however, we will be charged $28.pp for an 18% service charge, etc. Maybe I misunderstood what they said. $28pp times 2 people per restaurant. If 2 people eat at the 4 Specialty Restaurants included in the package we have, that equals $224. I hope I did misunderstand!:confused:

You did misunderstand. You will pay $28 .. that's it! It's the 18% Grat/Service Charge for the package... not per day, not per meal... total.

And don't be upset that you misunderstood, that's why CC is so importand and shares so much invaluable informtion... chill, you'll love it. Have a wonderful cruise.

You did misunderstand. You will pay $28 .. that's it! It's the 18% Grat/Service Charge for the package... not per day, not per meal... total.

I'm still not happy about paying $28.pp. Maybe I sound cheap, but, $56. is still money. We don't usually chose to eat at the Specialty Restaurants and pay extra for food that was already paid for.

Thank you for making the charges clear! I appreciate it!:)