What do you put in your carryon?

aachavezz

A bathing suit, a full change of clothes (after having people in my party's bags lost by American Airlines in 110 degree China, I always have underwear, a shirt and shorts/pants with me), a book, all of my chargers, my passport, money, etc, usually my deodorant and medication as well. Basically, anything that I would need if my suitcase were to get left behind. Always, always use that rule: whatever you need and cannot go without, like medication or a passport, and very important things, like phone cables and a change of clothes, should always be in your carry-on bag.

Totally agree with OceansOfTravels........rule of 'thumb'.....put anything that are "must haves" in your carry on....especially medication! I also carry with me at all times my jewelry (even if it is only more like 'cotume' jewelry that I take on cruises) and my electronics (like ipad, phone, chargers etc).

Another vote for oceansoftravel post.

When it comes to clothes in ur carryon Think mix and match. Khaki capris, khaki shorts n 4 shirts/tanks, 4 under garments, bathing suit n flip flops. 4 outfits plus the one you have on, that's 5 outfits plus carnival has laundry. More than enough to last you the week.

I never worry about toiletries. They have those in the gift shop. Unless you have sensitive skin or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Electronics, medication, cpap machine, travel documents, my wallet (with all the trappings like cash, credit cards, etc.). And then my normal purse type stuff - Kleenex, car keys, pen, paper, simple first aid stuff (Tylenol, cough drops, nail file, bandaids, carmex).

Totally agree with OceansOfTravels........rule of 'thumb'.....put anything that are "must haves" in your carry on....especially medication! I also carry with me at all times my jewelry (even if it is only more like 'cotume' jewelry that I take on cruises) and my electronics (like ipad, phone, chargers etc).

Never thought of jewelry, that's a very good idea. I don't wear jewelry but for people that do that's a great thing to remember, thank you! :D

Except for Med and Alaska cruises, I use a 21" carry on for all the clothing I will need plus a snorkel for a 7 day or longer cruise. A small shoulder bag has my travel docs & Passport, meds & hygiene stuff, binoculars & kindle. That's all, folks.

Everything crammed / stuffed into my backpack and roller. And in poor hubbys backpack and roller. I cannot easily replace swimsuits that fit me easily.

I try to fit things that are replaceable only in the check on! Nothing happened yet , just dont trust airlines much.

I cant wait to pack simpler like you guys do. We travel will children, with one in diapers. Which means more stuff.

However, my one trick is that we mix people clothes in each other's bags. So a lot bag doesn't mean the end of the world.

And our carry one will include lots of sun screen, clothe for the first night, and books/toy/blanket for the kids.