Late port departure 8pm; early dinner reservation 6pm

tomtom5555

We are sailing on the Carnival Dream out of Galveston on 12/16/18. Our first port of call is Costa Maya on 12/18/18 from 12pm - 8pm. We have booked the all inclusive resort of Maya Chan which will stay open until 6:30pm to accommodate our late time in port.

One of our favorite things to do on a cruise is to eat dinner in the main dining room. We have early dining at 6pm. Will Carnival let us do Anytime Time Dining this one day or will we need to eat at the buffet since we will miss our 6pm reservation?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I have learned so much about cruising from reading the boards on Cruise Critic.

We are sailing on the Carnival Dream out of Galveston on 12/16/18. Our first port of call is Costa Maya on 12/18/18 from 12pm - 8pm. We have booked the all inclusive resort of Maya Chan which will stay open until 6:30pm to accommodate our late time in port.

One of our favorite things to do on a cruise is to eat dinner in the main dining room. We have early dining at 6pm. Will Carnival let us do Anytime Time Dining this one day or will we need to eat at the buffet since we will miss our 6pm reservation?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I have learned so much about cruising from reading the boards on Cruise Critic.

Negative ghost rider, the pattern is full.....or...nope they won't. I'm sure the experts will explain further.

MDR seatings are capacity controlled. If you have 6:00 fixed dining, that is your dining time. While it is possible that you may get a sympathetic Maitre d' that will allow you one-time access to YTD, I wouldn't count on it. It may be best to make later reservations at specialty dining that night if you do not want to eat on the Lido.

It's also possible, on the other hand, that they have open seating for the entire night due to the late port departure time.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I agree, check with the Maitre d' after you board to find out your options, it cant hurt to ask! Good Luck!

Just a little minor detail... the Carnival Dream leaves out of New Orleans, not Galveston. Hopefully you didnt get plane tickets for Galveston already. Lol.... And I know it has nothing to do with the question posed.

You can't change.