I do not see any categories for finding someone to share a cabin with....

evagoblin

so that is not allowed on this site's boards? I do know about Cruisemates.com and Travel Companion Exchange, does anyone know if using Fodors or Frommers boards one can find cruise companions or know of any other sites one can use? I do NOT think using Lonely Planet's boards would be a good idea, they would look down on cruises because they are TRAVELERS NOT tourists LOL :rolleyes:!!!

so that is not allowed on this site's boards? I do know about Cruisemates.com and Travel Companion Exchange, does anyone know if using Fodors or Frommers boards one can find cruise companions or know of any other sites one can use? I do NOT think using Lonely Planet's boards would be a good idea, they would look down on cruises because they are TRAVELERS NOT tourists LOL :rolleyes:!!!

You're right, asking for a room mate is not allowed in this forum. I think there are a few groups on FB that may have what you're looking for. Personally I'm not a fan of finding a stranger to room with. Try one of the cruise lines that has solo cabins. Just my opinion. Enjoy your cruise and be safe.:cool:

Please do not have negative attitudes about meeting a cruise mate on the internet. You already have something in common... you both like cruising. Most of us have had an occasion to share space with someone, just respect their area. Yes, there will be differences and accept that. It is also good for both to do their own things as well as share.

Finding a cruise mate on the internet can create a wonderful relationship. My traveling companion for many years and I met on a cruise website. Between December 2005 and December 2016, we shared 41 cruises plus we had five booked for January / February 2017. However, she passed away in December. I am thankful that I met her and of the time we shared. At the time we met, she was disabled and I was still playing able bodied. By our second cruise, I had my own scooter.

She was so anxious when we first corresponded, I was hesitant, so I called her. She sounded like a normal person and someone I would like to travel with. We both wanted to see and do everything; and together we were able to.

If you would like to find cruise mates, just search for exactly that.

There is also Companion Cruising. And on Facebook if you do a search for "cruise buddies" there are loads of groups across many countries where you can find someone interested in the same itinerary as you to split costs.

When I started cruising in the early 80s the cruise line matched up solos for "friendly four cabins" - I still have lifelong friends from those cabins of strangers.

For my Antarctica trips I have let the expedition company pair me up with another solo lady in twin share.