Formal Night/Evening Chic

Banana15

We will be on the 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise in May. I read somewhere that there are two formal nights on cruises lasting more than eight days. Can someone tell me if that is true? Also which nights do they typically occur? Will they only do them on at sea days or do they also happens on days at ports?

My husband is not a fan of dressing up, so is khakis and a button down shirt enough or does he really need a tie?

Evening chic is as formal as you want.. my husband brings a sport jacket with no tie.. I usually wear slacks with a bling top. You may see some with suits and ties, possibly a tux, but not the majority. Not sure what nights they are on.

We will be on the 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise in May. I read somewhere that there are two formal nights on cruises lasting more than eight days. Can someone tell me if that is true? Also which nights do they typically occur? Will they only do them on at sea days or do they also happens on days at ports?

My husband is not a fan of dressing up, so is khakis and a button down shirt enough or does he really need a tie?

Khakis and a button down shirt are fine for evening chic nights, no need for a tie or jacket.

Try and find a roll call from an earlier cruise with the same itinerary to figure out evening chic nights. They may be held on either sea or port days.

Khakis and a button down shirt are fine for evening chic nights, no need for a tie or jacket.

Try and find a roll call from an earlier cruise with the same itinerary to figure out evening chic nights. They may be held on either sea or port days.

I was on Equinox last week and saw all kinds of dress on evening chic night - including a tank top and short shorts on a teenage girl. It was all over the place.

I was on Equinox last week and saw all kinds of dress on evening chic night - including a tank top and short shorts on a teenage girl. It was all over the place.

In short (pun intended), while some couples dress up on chic night, many people wear the same thing every evening regardless of whether or not it is chic night.

We will be on the 10 night Southern Caribbean cruise in May. I read somewhere that there are two formal nights on cruises lasting more than eight days. Can someone tell me if that is true?

Also which nights do they typically occur? Will they only do them on at sea days or do they also happens on days at ports?

There are no formal nights on Celebrity cruises.

They were replaced by Evening Chic nights about two years ago, which are essentially "dress up or not, as you wish" nights.

There are still some passengers who dress formally on Evening Chic nights, but not very many.

The mix of styles also varies depending on the itinerary and the passenger mix, as some tend to enjoy dressing formally more than others.

Evening chic nights may be on either sea days or port days, varying by itinerary. The first one is usually the second night of the cruise, especially if the second day is a sea day.

The second one is usually near the end of the cruise, but not on the last night of the cruise.

He will be fine. No tie is needed.

With each cruise that we take, we see fewer and fewer men wearing ties.

In short (pun intended), while some couples dress up on chic night, many people wear the same thing every evening regardless of whether or not it is chic night.

Well, the short, short, short, shorts were inappropriate - her cheeks were hanging out. I don't understand why anyone lets their girls dress like that. (And I'm all for casual on a cruise, but trashy is trashy.)

We'll be in our first Caribbean Celibrity cruise over Christmas & New Years... (Dec 22 to Jan 2) Since it's 11 nights should we count on two Eve. Chic or three Eve. Chic nights..

Am I correct in assuming that Christmas Eve Dec 24 & New Years Eve Dec 31 will be Eve. Chic even though we are in port those days? We do have a sea day Dec 29..

I really enjoy dressing up as rarely get to wear my special things since moving to Fla., except when on a cruise..Want to be well prepared & thinking of my clothing list now.. Will be in the Sanibel Outlets tomorrow, so we'll see what trouble I can get into a bit early for the cruise..If I don't shop now all the winter things, which I don't need, will be in..

I'm excited to be with our Good Friends on this Christmas Cruise..:cool:

Thanks

Edited by serendipity1499