Eating in Blu if you aren't in Aqua Class

DrKoob

Hi Celebrity friends,

I am just looking for some info. We are on Summit next fall going to New England for 14 days. My brother, his wife and two of our best friends are also on board. We booked first (almost six months before they did) and we snagged our favorite aft cabin. We LOVE M-class aft cabins and we purposely booked on the first day the cruise became available to get one.

That said, my brother and his wife and our friends booked Aqua. We had all done Aqua on Silhouette last summer and we loved it. Mostly for Blu. Especially for breakfast.

So here's my question. Have you ever heard of anyone in Concierge (our aft cabin is a C-1 and more expensive than their Aqua) being able to eat in Blu? Either by purchasing some kind of upgrade or any other way? If so, how did they work it out?

Please don't think we are trying to get something for nothing. As I mentioned, our C-1 aft costs more than their Aqua cabins and we would still be willing to pay extra (within reason) to eat in Blu.

Thoughts and experiences would be welcome.

Jim

I also have never seen a Blu maitre d' make an exception, and allow any non-Aqua or non-Suite guest able to dine with an Aqua passenger. While non-Suite passengers can be guests of Suite passengers in Luminae (for an additional fee), there is no such provision for Blu.

Never seen them make an exception. Aqua Class and Suites space available.

If you mean there are Aqua class available on that cruise, you are right. There are. Obviously that means you have never had an M-class aft cabin. :)

It was reported last year that only Aqua Class pax were allowed to eat in Blu, and they were not allowing Suite Pax, even on a space available basis, to eat in AQ since they had their own restaurant. I hope that's the case.

If you mean there are Aqua class available on that cruise, you are right. There are. Obviously that means you have never had an M-class aft cabin. :)

I'm guessing none of the Aqua aft cabins are available?

That being said, we were in 7206 for the same Canada NE cruise, loved it! :D

It was reported last year that only Aqua Class pax were allowed to eat in Blu, and they were not allowing Suite Pax, even on a space available basis, to eat in AQ since they had their own restaurant. I hope that's the case.

We have been in Blu recently and have seen Suite guests turned away at peak times as Aqua guests were waiting to be seated. We have also seen the Maitre d tell suite guests that she would be happy to accommodate them if they wanted to return about 9.

I agree on Blu, never heard of an exception. Additionally, my experience has been that Blu is more crowded on M Class which could affect any potential special accommodations. With that said, it never hurts to ask! It would be tough to give up that sweet aft cabin. I assume none of the AQ afts are available? We stayed in 1138 once and it was awesome! By the way Jim...We loved our Solstice cruise a few weeks ago! Thanks for your insights, including for Seattle!

Sorry, suite passengers are allowed to dine in Blu. We were sitting next to a couple who preferred the breakfasts in Blu over Luminae. They loved the table side prepared muesli in Blu. And it is really good.

Cost of cabin doesn't mean anything. I have seen many times when I have booked a AQ cabin way in advance and the veranda cabins and OV would cost more as the cruise got filled.

A few years back we overheard a suite guest after breakfast trying to make a deal with the the Maitre d about having some of her friends join them in Blu for dinner. She said that she would see what see could do. I asked a senior officer about it and was told that they would instruct the maitre d about the policy and and make sure that it doesn't happen.

They strictly enforce the rules for dining in Blu to AQ passengers.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Sorry, suite passengers are allowed to dine in Blu. We were sitting next to a couple who preferred the breakfasts in Blu over Luminae. They loved the table side prepared muesli in Blu. And it is really good.

Well, we were told on Reflection last year that they were going to end it at the end of the year. I guess not. We would come to Blu at 8:30 and couldn't get a table because of the Suite Pax wishing to dine in Blu. I thought when they opened up Luminae that would solve that problem, but I guess since they are paying the "big bucks" they can get what they want.

I was on Milliennium AFT cabin 1133 in AQ and the balcony is smaller than the Concierge Class AFT Cabins. It's a toss up, I also love the AFT cabins on M class. Going on Summit in April, snagged AFT, looked into switching for AQ and didn't like the cabin locations so I kept my CC class AFT over dining in BLU.

Charlie

Depends upon the ship as to whether they will allow suite passengers to eat in Blu (for a fee and space permitted).

Anyway, that doesn't apply in this case. All who replied are correct. If you have anytime dining, they can join you in te MDR or you can all go to the buffet or a specialty restaurant. (On Summit that means Tuscan or Qzine).

The biggest advantages of Blu are the service and the atmosphere. The food is an upgrade from MDR, but not as good as a specialty restaurant. When you break down the price difference, you are paying for a specialty restaurant. I'd do it again. We were on the Constellation this summer and never had to wait. We always went between 7:15 and 8:00 pm.

Hey, On our last cruise my husband and I were having a cocktail outside of Michael's Club. I made a passing comment wondering about it and our waiter said she could get us in if we wanted. Declined the offer, but it was nice of her to offer. Concerning BLU, is it not fabulous! Worth the extra for A Cabin just to eat there. Also, if there was something we wanted from the main dining room they were get it. Way off subject, I know!!

Well, we were told on Reflection last year that they were going to end it at the end of the year. I guess not. We would come to Blu at 8:30 and couldn't get a table because of the Suite Pax wishing to dine in Blu. I thought when they opened up Luminae that would solve that problem, but I guess since they are paying the "big bucks" they can get what they want.

What Wine-O says actually makes sense since there are probably a few people still around who booked the old AQ suites before Luminae on the Reflection and would expect to have access to Blu.

Depends upon the ship as to whether they will allow suite passengers to eat in Blu (for a fee and space permitted)

I do not believe this is accurate. They dropped the fee for suite guests to dine in Blu a couple of years ago. :)

Glad BLU is popular but would not be so if it became even more crowded.

Staff already stretched thin at peak times...we always dine early anyhow but have gone later a few times..no real wait but staff overwhelmed.

Book AQ for access and Suite for access as space available...with luminae now, fewer should want to dine at BLU from suites