Viking logo precruise gifts

pjsers

the last three Viking cruises I went on were preceded with a selection of Viking items such as luggage tags, travel bags and an iPad case.

Is this practice still in place?

Think so. We got luggage tags plus a fairly large accessories bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a choice of gift after out last cruise (it was our 3rd cruise leg with Viking). They had apparently just started the practice and I read somewhere at the time that they were offering these to repeat cruisers (can't remember how many cruises someone explained were needed) We each chose a Red Viking packing cube that we use all the time. The red luggage tags were also an option at the time.

Since then we have booked another trip, and have not received any offers for the upcoming cruise.....so I am not sure what their policy is.

We had one river cruise and we received an offer to select our gifts when we booked Homelands. We have a lot of packing cubes but I selected one for carry-on plus a blanket. The blanket is very soft and kind of cute.

We received two red leather tags and the large pouch with our documents, Itinerary broshure, red stickers for transfer, and 6 tags for luggage for each cruise.

We chose the blanket, too. I thought it would be great for the airplane but boy are those blankets huge. I'm actually sorry we packed them. They are very nice!

I used it as the pillow also. It's in the nice pouch and very soft. I would put it under my pillow and voila- nice puffy pillow ;). Yes, it's big but good for me. I'm tall and airplane's blanket often short.

When do they ask you to pick your gifts? Final payment?

My booking and final payment was at the same day. Our booking was last minute deal and spontaneous decision. We got an email with the offer to choose a gift per person maybe - 2-3 weeks after booking.

When do they ask you to pick your gifts? Final payment?

I don't know if they necessarily give gifts for each cruise you book. It seems more like a yearly thing, but I could be wrong. We got the gifts last year (but didn't cruise on Viking that year) and got them again this year (did cruise on Viking), but I forget the timing. I think everyone got the email at the same time, but again, I could be wrong - or they could be doing it differently now. This year I picked the red packing cube (small but nice and useful, since I have no other cubes) and my husband picked what he calls a "ditty bag" - Eiffel Tower or Brandenburg Gate print, fairly large and decent quality (cloth). The year before, I chose the cosmetic (accessories?) bag and he chose the shoe/small laundry bag. It's a little bigger than I would use for shoes but smaller than I would use for laundry unless I only put in underwear - or perhaps my pajamas on the last day of a cruise when my luggage is in the cruise terminal!

That blanket sounds nice. I figured it would be a small one; nice to know it's big. Airplane blankets aren't very useful in my opinion. Not sure I would want to pack it, though. I'm trying to get myself to the point where I use everything I pack. You really don't need a lot on a cruise.

For our cruise in June, we received luggage tags, cruise booklet, etc. in a heavy felt pouch.

Edited by roothy123

never got any gifts!

but did receive red luggage tags, and a felt zippered document pouch with our set of last documents prior to the cruise.

Ditto for us. I don't recall receiving an email offering us a choice of gifts. When we booked with VR Grand European Tour we received a padded zip bag suitable for holding our travel documents, all in a big box that I use now to hold the maps, ticket receipts etc acquired during the cruise. When we booked VO Viking Homelands, again no email asking us what we wanted. When our travel documents arrived in a slightly smaller (but still useful) box, it contained the accessory bag containing luggage tags, ship tags etc along with the travel docs.

Are we not living right? Offers of blankets? And other goodies? And we booked directly with Viking, not thru an independent travel agent. [emoji26]

Edited by CharTrav

I used it as the pillow also. It's in the nice pouch and very soft. I would put it under my pillow and voila- nice puffy pillow ;). Yes, it's big but good for me. I'm tall and airplane's blanket often short.

Great idea on the pillow. We always use those neck pillows so we packed the blankets and the neck pillows. We are both tall, too, so the size of the blanket is fantastic for us tall people. Those airplane blankets are "icky" to me. I've read they are sealed but not necessarily cleaned.

Edited by jiminyC_fan

Last couple responses have pretty much convinced me that the Viking logo gifts are a yearly thing - although they may do some "catch up" for those who cruise after the rest of us receive the email. So for those who haven't received anything, hang on - your gift offer may be coming eventually. I don't think it has to do with whether you booked with Viking or an agent, but I suppose it IS possible you won't get an offer after booking only one ocean cruise, especially if the timing of the booking isn't ideal.

The logo gifts are not the same thing as the pouch with luggage tags, etc.

Last couple responses have pretty much convinced me that the Viking logo gifts are a yearly thing - although they may do some "catch up" for those who cruise after the rest of us receive the email. So for those who haven't received anything, hang on - your gift offer may be coming eventually. I don't think it has to do with whether you booked with Viking or an agent, but I suppose it IS possible you won't get an offer after booking only one ocean cruise, especially if the timing of the booking isn't ideal.

The logo gifts are not the same thing as the pouch with luggage tags, etc.

So I can quit with the pity party? [emoji41][emoji1]

Hello all,

We’ve noticed a bit of confusion on this thread and would like to take a moment to explain the gift program in question.

It’s worth beginning with a note that the gifts associated with our past guest gift program are separate from the luggage tags and other articles provided in our standard documents kit. The items referenced here, such as the packing cubes and blankets, are extended as a benefit to honor the members of our loyalty program, Viking Explorer Society. Here’s how the benefit works:

After you complete your first cruise with us, you are automatically enrolled in our Viking Explorer Society. Once enrolled, approximately 60 days prior to your next departure, an email message prompting a free gift selection is delivered to each household. After choosing your gift and placing your order, the item will arrive to your home address within 14 business days.

This program is relatively new, so gifts have only been offered to Viking Explorer Society members who’ve joined us again within the last 2 years.

If you believe you qualify for a free gift, but haven’t received the referenced email message, you are welcome to contact us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com so that we can review your case and generate your email prompt, as needed.

We appreciate the opportunity to offer an explanation and hope we’ve been successful in clearing up any misunderstanding.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Thanks from me too. We've only done one each VR (2014) and VO (2016) cruise. Have been in explorer society since 2014 (based on VR cruise). Will be doing another VO and VR cruise next year - Jan and July, respectively. So looking forward to an email from you folks sometime this Fall. [emoji108]

Great response from Viking....I wrote this morning that I had NOT received any of the fun incentive gifts and wondered why?

Seems that data base of Viking had an incorrect email for me!!!

There will be 2 Viking Packing Bricks for us!!!

What a quick response...Thanks, Viking!