First time cruiser going solo- advice wanted 😁

FreespiritedLeo

G'day cruisers,

Recently decided I want to go on a cruise and am looking at going solo.

Although I don't know a great deal about cruises so have a couple of questions i need answered 😁

Is it easy to meet other solo cruisers whilst on a ship?

Which cruise line should I be looking at to do a cruise from Australia around Asia or Vanuatu area?

Is there a cruise line that is directed toward partying and nightlife as i do like to party most nights?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I'm going to start with your 2nd and 3rd questions, and recommend Norwegian Cruise Line or Royal Caribbean if you want good nightlife. NCL puts an emphasis on its themed parties, and RCI has been making a big push to reach out to younger cruisers with their new ships.

When it comes specifically to Australia, it looks like Royal Caribbean has more of the itineraries you're looking for, with several ships departing Sydney with stops in Vanuatu, New Caledonia, and Loyalty Island. If you can hold out, I've heard Ovation of the Seas (one of their newest ships) is quite nice. If you're looking for Asian itineraries, you may have to be willing to fly north to somewhere like Shanghai. That's where Quantum of the Seas (another brand new megaship) is based, sailing to a variety of Asian ports of call. An advantage to Quantum is it has studio cabins that are specifically designed for a solo cruiser and don't carry the dreaded Single Supplement (where they make you pay for 2 people in a room, even though you're the only one). Fortunately both company's websites make it easy to narrow searches based on date of the trip, ship, or departure port.

As for meeting other solo cruisers, it's as easy as you make it. Every solo cruise I've done has, at the very least, had solo cruisers Meet and Greets on the first night or two of the trip. On NCL ships with studio cabins, they have a meet up every night in the studio lounge area, which is usually better attended early in the cruise as people make friends and form their own little social groups.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the magical world of solo cruising!