What is your fav. Souvenir you got on a cruise

BigTee2000

My favorite is a pouch of stones from a Mykonos Beach. The stones look like ordinary pebbles and a small piece of clay pot. It's a small collection and I love them because ONLY I know they come from a beach in Mykonos. Otherwise, the 'normal' souvenirs? Magnets for my fridge and coffee cups, Key chains. Small trinkets.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Some of my favorites are...

- Pictures of doors, cats, dogs, turtle, birds, lizards, snake, door knobs, door knockers, shutters, flowers, architectural details, bridges, metal postal boxes, signs, food...

- A slate with an etching of things specific to Belize - animals, places, history and more.

- A mask purchased in Venice.

My favourite are ships models and postcards.

By the way: I publish my own postcards (to promote my cruise blog), with ten already published (QE2, QM2, Pullmantur R5 Blue Dream and Sovereign, The World, MSC Armonia, MSC Preziosa, MSC Meraviglia, Costa Victoria and Costa Favolosa) and two new going to the printshop (Celebrity Infinity and Silver Muse).

Is there any other postcard collector here? :-)

Regards,

• 8 months later...

One favourite of mine is a ship's cap from a Yangtze River cruise. Good memories of our

land/cruise vacation to China & Southeast Asia.

My wife favours a lace tablecloth purchased in Madeira on our very first cruise aboard the TS Atlas in 1987, a transatlantic crossing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cruise ship models would be my favorite. Although, none were available on my first cruise (the now-scrapped Regal Empress), sadly, and Celebrity Infinity was sold out on my sailing, so I had to make do with a small Infinity-shaped Christmas ornament.

• 2 months later...

For my 50th birthday I cruised and one of the stops was St. Thomas. My grandson Thomas was only a few months old at the time so I came home with a ton of "St. Thomas" branded things for EVERYONE in the extended family. The baby loved his stuffed turtle. Every trip since then has resulted in another turtle of some sort for him. His favorite is the Jamaican Turtle with dreadlocks and a rasta hat.

I bought a simple $2 woven Jamaican anklet braclet that is tied on for my cruise to mark my divorce becoming final. I wear it everyday. I'm still wearing it a year later later. It hasn't faded nor has it come undone. I have a back up in my desk drawer. Every time I look down it reminds me to simply keep putting one foot in front of the other.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Out of my 10+ cruises most have been on Disney Cruise Line and I have several wonderful items that I've collected from these various cruises.  My top favorites are; a one of a kind art piece made from the same steel used to make the Disney Fantasy, replica keel coin from the maiden voyage on the Disney Fantasy and various signed lithographs (which I had framed and matted). I have many more collectibles from my Disney Cruises.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Didn't get these, well, maybe one, from a cruise....  But when we travel we've started picking up small flags from countries we visit.  We didn't start this way back so the Western Europe ones are missing.  But here's what we recently did with them.

20190629_093458_resized - Edited.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't been on any cruises yet, but I'm looking forward to adding to my pressed penny collection that I started as an older kid going on school field trips.

I attended two different private schools but i and the majority of my classmates were not rich and our parents had to sacrifice to some extent to send us to the school. So... My parents were able to let me go on field trips and pay for whatever required admission fee and give me money for food, but I had to buy my own souvenirs. So I rarely had much souvenir money; i wanted to get a souvenir but not the usual super cheap made in China plastic stuff in the gift shops--all I could really afford--but most field trip destinations had at least one pressed penny machine. Super cheap souvenir, more meaningful than a plastic tchotchky, and even an extensive collection takes up hardly any space. I've since tried to collect at least one pressed penny from every place I've been. Eventually I'll put all of them in an album with notes as to where I'd gotten it, when, why I went, etc.

You can imagine my excitement when I found out the Norwegian Gem (the ship I'd like to sail on whenever I'm able to afford it) has a pressed penny machine onboard!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, three acts said:

I have all the usual trinkets..magnets..coffee mugs from various ships etc..but my favorite is a Waterford Crystal replica of a Princess ship that I got on a Princess Cruise to St Thomas back in the early 2000s.

Favorite souvenirs include Hawaiian shirts from Maui (October '01 Carnival Spirit); Guayabera shirts (men's short-sleeved shirts with intricate designs on them) from San Juan (90s) (various cruise lines); a totem pole from Alaska (Nordic Prince cruise in July '93; and lapel pins from London (October '14 Independence of the Seas) to Spain, Madeira, and Canary Islands. 

Shep W. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/17/2008 at 8:57 PM, Caribbean Sunsets said:

I still have mine from both my Crown and Ruby Princess cruises.

I have quite a few of them from my recent RCCL and Celebrity cruises. I wonder what Princess does w/the ones they confiscate at debarkation? Melt them down and recycle them? Shred the cards and melt the shredded plastic to recycle the material? An inquiring mind wants to know!

Shep W.

19 hours ago, 2LoveBikes said:

Does anyone have a photos of their ship collections especially Holland America, & Carnival?

I have a few items for Carnival and HAL, I got from friends and such. some items go back to the 60's and 70's and 80's.

d940uen-fec2c444-99af-4bda-9698-0a1019c2b2d9.jpg.4617bcaf29625cc3685ed143bd000ef0.jpg

dd5zerz-597e5877-af47-47c5-9d3e-d208d49ad88f.thumb.jpg.f9a72969d843d219d3bc067c6ba70234.jpg

tss_festivale_deck_plan_by_wildelf34_daea7sk-fullview.thumb.jpg.0d5d826f7b8e54a8c23ae55dd14ce683.jpg

On 8/22/2013 at 2:59 PM, Kentchikan said:

I often buy watches and sunglasses in port and wonder about their authenticity.

The only decent watch I've ever bought is the one I wear now on my wrist: a Citizen EcoDrive purchased at Boolchand's in St. Maarten in the fall of '08 while on a Southern Caribbean cruise aboard Adventure of the Seas. Subsequent watch purchases have not worked out so well for me because they were either too heavy for my wrist or too complicated to set, e.g.,, too many buttons to work on either side of the crown or the dial. 

Regarding magnets, I have a lot of them. Some are on my file cabinet and others are affixed to the sides of my fridge (they won't work on the front door). 

On 6/4/2017 at 7:54 PM, kdn hawaii said:

Idk if you can get any on a cruise ship but I remember someone I met on a cruise in Europe who collected patches from different places he had been to. He had them sewn on his backpack. He gave us a patch from where he was from, which was so nice of him. I thought that was a neat way to remember different places you've experienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What sights did the patches show? What shops did this fellow guest visit to buy them? I used to to buy patches, too, but usually I specialized in emergency management (my career field) and fire service-related patches. My bro-in-law specialized in NASA patches. As in lapel pins, you have to know what you own before you think about trading a patch for something you want. 

• 4 weeks later...