Halloween and fireworks night

Mrs applehead

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Just received my first batch of documents and it definitely refers to a themed night for Halloween for this sailing - better start planning! :evilsmile:

Just don't expect a large bonfire and fireworks on top deck on 5th November:(:(

That's great. Thank you for replying. Our little one will be excited to dress up.:)

To quote from the information pack for our sailing, "Don't forget to pack the children's costumes if they would like to take part in 'trick or treat' onboard".

Hi

Just received my first batch of documents and it definitely refers to a themed night for Halloween for this sailing - better start planning! :evilsmile:

Hi Toftwood, firstly sorry for highjacking thread, we are sailing on Azura and will be aboard on Halloween, I've had very little info from P & O (not sure if this is because we booked via TA). We sail on 20/10 and we've not even had anything to say which are the formal nights. I've looked in the cruise personaliser and as far as I can see there is nothing on there either, or perhaps I'm doing something wrong. I take it your info came through the post, did it list all your formal nights. Any help appreciated.

Kind regards Viv

No one will think of you as a hijacker - we are all here to share information and maybe in some small way, help each other. There are so many people on these boards with years and years of cruising experience and knowledge - I am very much the novice and enjoy learning from others. This will only be my 8th or 9th cruise but my first time with P&O.

I have not booked directly with P&O either but through an agent. However, the info that I am referring to is the P&O "Your Holiday Information" booklet I received a week or two ago - this came directly from the cruise line. Maybe it's because I am a dinosaur and elected for all documents to be in paper form - I don't mind printing out an eTicket but this booklet which includes baggage labels is 64 pages!!

Anyway, to address your question, I posted earlier this month and included some information I had got from a die-hard P&O supporter (someone that cruises so regularly with P&O, he is on first-name terms with some of their Captains!). Here is the "copy & paste" of my previous post:

I can't answer your question about formal nights but my P&O traveller friend says that on Transatlantic cruises he has done, the formal nights vary due to a number of variables and a couple of years ago, they only found out the dates for the four formal nights in their daily Horizon newspaper on the day after embarkation. With so many sea days they have much more flexibility whereas with a port-intensive itinerary, many cruise lines try and schedule their formal nights on sea days. On this sailing, P&O have a lot of sea days to choose from. I am sure if you drop them an email, it will be a question they are regularly asked.

I assume that your wish to find out which nights are formal is because you want to book alternative dining and don't want it to clash with a formal evening? Also, as you need to factor in itinerary-changes that may well need to be put in place, they most likely do not want to commit to specific dates yet because quite frankly they probably don't know where the ship will be (i.e. port day versus sea day).

No one will think of you as a hijacker - we are all here to share information and maybe in some small way, help each other. There are so many people on these boards with years and years of cruising experience and knowledge - I am very much the novice and enjoy learning from others. This will only be my 8th or 9th cruise but my first time with P&O.

I have not booked directly with P&O either but through an agent. However, the info that I am referring to is the P&O "Your Holiday Information" booklet I received a week or two ago - this came directly from the cruise line. Maybe it's because I am a dinosaur and elected for all documents to be in paper form - I don't mind printing out an eTicket but this booklet which includes baggage labels is 64 pages!!

Anyway, to address your question, I posted earlier this month and included some information I had got from a die-hard P&O supporter (someone that cruises so regularly with P&O, he is on first-name terms with some of their Captains!). Here is the "copy & paste" of my previous post:

I can't answer your question about formal nights but my P&O traveller friend says that on Transatlantic cruises he has done, the formal nights vary due to a number of variables and a couple of years ago, they only found out the dates for the four formal nights in their daily Horizon newspaper on the day after embarkation. With so many sea days they have much more flexibility whereas with a port-intensive itinerary, many cruise lines try and schedule their formal nights on sea days. On this sailing, P&O have a lot of sea days to choose from. I am sure if you drop them an email, it will be a question they are regularly asked.

I assume that your wish to find out which nights are formal is because you want to book alternative dining and don't want it to clash with a formal evening? Also, as you need to factor in itinerary-changes that may well need to be put in place, they most likely do not want to commit to specific dates yet because quite frankly they probably don't know where the ship will be (i.e. port day versus sea day).

Thanks, I thought for a moment I had lost the plot. I received the booklet but thought there might be further info I wasn't aware of. You hit the nail on the head, on a previous cruise we booked the Marco Pierre White for hubby's 60th which was a formal night, even although we had told waiters we would be dining elsewhere, our table companions told us they had gone to town with balloons, birthday banner and dressed the table extra nicely, plus birthday cake, felt awful.

On a lighter note we are wondering if we'll actually get to do a tropical night in the real I am, On two previous cruises with P & O around the med they had tropical theme nights on deck and each time they had to abandon them due to it blowing a gale and scenery falling over etc.

Hope you have a great cruise, Kind regards Viv.