Bow or Aft end of the mid-ship Hump?

garyl62

I was reading though an old thread that had some thoughts on this topic, but I thought I'd get some updated comments.

We are on the Equinox in a Celebrity Suite and have booked a suite on the bow end of the hump. There is still one available on the aft end so I'm wondering if anyone feels one end is better than the other. When we booked we thought it would be fun to have that large balcony and look forward and see the bridge out over the side of the ship, but I've also read some negative comments about the wind on that end.

Thanks

We were in 1108 before and didn't notice any wind at all while enjoying time out on our balcony (this was on the Equinox). But, on the same ship, another cruise, we were in 8230 and the wind was a lot more noticeable. As a matter of fact, one night, it must have just hit us right and the dividers between the balcony cabins rattled something fierce at night. Maybe if the wind just hits it right, it might effect the front of the hump or the back. Who knows? But, never had I experienced that when on the flat part of hump or aft of the hump.

I was reading though an old thread that had some thoughts on this topic, but I thought I'd get some updated comments.

We are on the Equinox in a Celebrity Suite and have booked a suite on the bow end of the hump. There is still one available on the aft end so I'm wondering if anyone feels one end is better than the other. When we booked we thought it would be fun to have that large balcony and look forward and see the bridge out over the side of the ship, but I've also read some negative comments about the wind on that end.

Thanks

As a general rule, I always select a cabin in the forward section of the ship. Many times ships have some vibrations that are usually worse toward rear of the ship.

We prefer aft of the hump, it does provide protection on windy days.

I agree, nice to have protection from the wind. We are in cabin 2105 for an upcoming TA on the Eclipse. This is larger hump cabin that faces aft. What I enjoy most about this cabin is that it also has one flat panel that allows you to see the front so you don't miss out on the front views.

Wind is the issue. We had 6104 on Connie (CS facing forward in the midship bump) -- had to have that cabin for the sail-in to Venice! -- but the wind was a problem whenever the ship was at full speed. On Equinox if I wanted to maximize veranda space I would choose 1615 or 1617 over 1110 or 1233 -- but I actually think 1112 or 1235 are the best of all, since you aren't facing forward but have a 180 degree view because of the hump.

Wind is the issue. We had 6104 on Connie (CS facing forward in the midship bump) -- had to have that cabin for the sail-in to Venice! -- but the wind was a problem whenever the ship was at full speed. On Equinox if I wanted to maximize veranda space I would choose 1615 or 1617 over 1110 or 1233 -- but I actually think 1112 or 1235 are the best of all, since you aren't facing forward but have a 180 degree view because of the hump.

Last month on the Silhouette c/s. 1237. Excellent location good neighborhood

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone for the replies so far. We want to stick with the angled balcony and have 1110 now. I like the idea of looking down the rail and seeing the area of the bridge that extends out starboard, but it does sound like there is greater potential for a wind issue here. We intend to use the balcony for dining and relaxing during the day and while we are docked it won't be an issue, but I can imagine dinner out there might be a problem at times.

Our other choice is 1618. We give up the bridge view, but will have better views leaving ports. This is one deck higher, but still has cabins above so I doubt pool noise will be an issue. This is on the same deck as the penthouse suites, not sure if that will matter related to butler service.... could be better, but I'm wondering if we could be forgotten too.

I'm sure we've over analyzing it but your comments are still welcome.