Wheelchair on Brussels excursion

silversurf

We have just booked the Christmas markets cruise on Oriana.

I am a part time wheelchair user, can walk a short way and use coach steps.

We have booked the Brussels Christmas markets excursion and wondering if the coach can take a lightweight folding wheelchair. I phoned P and O, but it's Sunday and no one available to answer the question until next week, they will phone me back by Wednesday.

Being an impatient person I wondered if any of you can answer this question? Thank you.

The coaches on P&O excursions will put wheelchairs, pushchairs and all other things like this is the luggage compartment under the floor. The amount of other luggage is not going to be that much as people are not travelling with suitcases on an excursions. The difficult bit for wheelchair users is getting up the stairs, if you can do this you are fine.

Regards John

When you say the Brussels Christmas Market trip do you mean the market is in Brussels or in Bruges? If it's the latter beware that Bruges has cobbled streets and so can make being in a wheelchair uncomfortable. I haven't been into Brussels so I can't comment on the streets there.

We have just booked the Christmas markets cruise on Oriana.

I am a part time wheelchair user, can walk a short way and use coach steps.

We have booked the Brussels Christmas markets excursion and wondering if the coach can take a lightweight folding wheelchair. I phoned P and O, but it's Sunday and no one available to answer the question until next week, they will phone me back by Wednesday.

Being an impatient person I wondered if any of you can answer this question? Thank you.

The coaches will take wheelchairs.

We had no problem with mother in laws wheelchair but in Bruges the coaches can't get into the centre so they drop you off about 800 yards from the centre.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

The Grand Place in Brussells is cobbled as are one or two of the side streets off it but there is usually a flat pavement to the side eg to Manican P...They are flattish cobbles but an extra pillow for the added comfort would not go wrong.

The streets between the main sites are normal pavement but if you go to the Sorbonne area or the harbour again there are some cobbles. The Avenue De Louse is flat pavement.

Thank you. It's Brussels, we've been to Bruges (pre wheelchair) and I had great difficulty getting back to the coach park. The guide walked much too fast for me and we would have been left behind if my partner had not run ahead, she didn't check number of passengers and coach was about to leave. This was an official P and O tour. We were not happy.