Reflection Specialty Restaurants

cleobella

Hi,

Can anyone tell me about the specialty restaurants on the Reflection? I'm interested in recommendations, what do they serve, cost? We like good food, casual dining, I'm adventurous and hubby is not. I thought the Lawn Grill might be good, but it looks like you have to cook your own food? Or do they just offer this as an option?

We have not been on the Reflection yet, but have sailed on the other four S class ships. We did not eat in the Lawn Grill on the Silhouette, but I believe that you can have the food cooked for you. According to Celebrity's website, the current price is $50 per adult for Murano, and $45 per adult for the other three specialty restaurants. Celebrity often offers discounts on some or all of the speciality restaurants, depending on demand. They also offer discounts if you book a package of two or more restaurants. I personally prefer Tuscan Grill (Italian steakhouse), while my wife prefers Murano (French). All of the meals we have had in the speciality restaurants have been very good, with the exception of Silk Harvest on the Solstice last year. The restaurant was not too busy on the day we went, but service was very slow.

I did a quick look at Reflection. The restaurant are Murano, Tuscan Grille, The Porch, The Lawn Club Grill and Sushi on Five.

Murano is French, they have a nice Chateaubriand steak for 2. Tuscan Grille is a steak house. The Porch is $30pp for lunch, it is a seafood restaurant. (My favorite for lunch), The Lawn Club Grill. I think they will cook your food if you wish not to cook. I'm on vacation so no cooking on my part. Sushi on Five is sushi with other items that are cooked. Qsine is like sharing appetizers with friends. I did not like Qsine at all, but there was just the 2 of us. I'm told better as a group. The Porch for lunch 3 times. We don't do much specialty restaurants on Celebrity. In about 28 cruises on Celebrity I would say we ate 3 times in Murano. One time for lunch at Qsine. 3 times for lunch at The Porch. We mostly book Sky Suites and we are very happy with Luminae. Our next cruise is on Reflection in November. Our last booking in Aqua Class. We plan on trying The Lawn Club Grill for dinner. PS: All specialty restaurants, plus Blu and Luminae are smart casual every evening. I have heard that people have been seen wearing short in the evening dining at The Lawn Club Grill. Do check with the Maitre at The Lawn Club Grill about shorts. Remember Celebrity is known for being consistent with being inconsistent. Have a great cruise.

If you like casual, relaxed dining, you should consider the Lawn Club Grill. They will cook the food for you, don't worry. They are not enthusiastic about people cooking their food when we were on Reflection. If you want a special meal, you should consider Murano. The food and service are outstanding. Not casual dining in my opinion but probably the best restaurant on the ship.

We love the Lawn Grill. On a normal night you can cook your own steak if you want but it wasn't encouraged. One night they offer the "Ultimate BBQ". $89pp includes wines or $70pp if you have a beverage package.

A reception on the lawn is followed by a dinner, family style for some items & you pick your entree. Cooking your own meat is encouraged but not necessary. A very relaxed, fun evening with a lot of food, wine, and singing & dancing with the staff.

We have sailed on Reflection 5 times in the last 2 years. We had previously booked the ultimate dining package (no longer offered but other packages with OK discounts available) we alsaws eat at Lawn Club Grill the first and last nights as it our favorite. We rent an alcove for the week and the attendants are all from the LCG so we get to know them well. They cook your food unless you want to have some adventurous fun. Steaks, shrimp and scallop kabobs, salad bar and thin crust pizzas mmmm. We also book the Tuscan Italian steak house for 2 nights. New menu that was introduced last year an improvement IM opinion.they offer 1/2 portions to be able to try a few items without being stuffed...we always hit Quisine for 1 night. Even with 2 of us, just order 4-5 interesting plates and there will be plenty of food. We have done Murano most cruises for 1 night, great service, food and presentation as many meals are finished at the table for you to watch. Not being big Sushi fans, we did try Sushi on 5 last trip. It was excellent as the manager personally walked us through the menu. We ordered way too much but really good. We have tried the porch since it went seafood, but was really disappointed. Being from New England we are spoiled on muscles, etc..we also opt for the LCG Hamburger lunch. 15.00 pp gets you a beautiful burger that is giant. Well worth it IMO.

Super, thanks everyone! We have only been sailing with Celebrity once before, on the Summit, and stuck to the main dining room and buffet. Looking forward to trying something new this time and this info helps a lot. I may wait to book until we sail though, sounds like there may be discounts once we get going.

Is it hot in the Lawn Grille (if in the Caribbean).

Is it better on a sea day where you're moving, or too windy then?

What if you've made reservations and it's raining?

Unless you have a overnight in port the ship will most likely be moving when you have dinner. The there is a roof over the restaurant & the sides are open so there is air movement. In case of rain or cool temps there are plastic curtain that enclose the restaurant.

• 3 weeks later...

My Wife and I have been on the reflection and the Silhouette and we enjoy Quisine towards the end of the cruise. its Fun and the food is very good. Breaks up the tradtional sit down menue and order one thing and wonder if its going to be good. The Lawn Club is also very Good, A real Steak House and a Good Menu. We also took notice that the servers in the specialty restraunts are of higher skill and well seasoned with Celebrity High standards of excellant Service.

Lawn Club Grill gets my vote. We booked dinner one night...my friend's husband volunteered to help with the flatbreads, but we let the experts cook the steak and shrimp. We followed that up a few days later with lunch, which was one of the best burgers ever. I learned my lesson the first night when I wore "regular" pants...I was sure to go with the "expandable" variety for lunch...be sure to leave room for the desert: warm chocolate chip cookie served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.

I've cruised once, on Reflection, so clearly I am a self-appointed expert on this topic.

On our last (i.e. First) cruise we ended up with some extra non-refundable OBC. We learned it was non-refundable the last sea day.

We spent it at the Lawn Club Grill! I was not happy. Had we ate there at the start of the cruise we could have gone back another time or two. Instead we have to wait until February 2018!

Back to the topic at hand.... I'm another vote for the Lawn Club Grill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murano is definitely the best restaurant. You can eat Chateubriand almost anywhere these days but a meal not to be missed is the Cervena Tenderloin of Venison. It is outstanding and can’t wait to be on Silhouette next month to enjoy it hopeful many times during the cruise.

Murano is definitely the best restaurant. You can eat Chateubriand almost anywhere these days but a meal not to be missed is the Cervena Tenderloin of Venison. It is outstanding and can’t wait to be on Silhouette next month to enjoy it hopeful many times during the cruise.

Never saw venison on the menu before, exactly how is the dish prepared ? I always have the lobster.

We tried Murano, the Tuscan Grille, and Sushi on 5. Hands down, we preferred Murano, fantastic food and impeccable service. We ate at the Tuscan Grille the first night (discounted!), we enjoyed it, but I have read mixed reviews. I would go again.

DH would eat sushi anytime so we did two meals. The sushi was well prepared and the prices are reasonable. I am not a huge fan so the chef prepared me a cooked salmon roll which was really good, even if something of a heresy.

We didn't eat at the other restaurants, but that's something we plan to do next cruise!

Food is subjective, of course, but I think you will be very happy. Have a great cruise!

Is it hot in the Lawn Grille (if in the Caribbean).

Is it better on a sea day where you're moving, or too windy then?

What if you've made reservations and it's raining?

We like to sit on the deck side of the restaurant and it can be cool with the breeze...I bring a sweater just in case.