Classic drinking package

esper10

We are sailing for the first time with Celebrity next month on the Eclipse. We have the Classic DP and I have read most posts relating to what's available. Unfortunately what I can't discover is whether my OH can order a pint ( not a half)! He will drink lager or beer.

If the beer isn’t large enough, order another!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are just back from Eclipse. We had the Classic package included and it was fine for us. We're wine drinkers and they had some good choices. In the Tuscan grill we were served Villa Maria and not charge any extra. I can't say whether or not the package was the best value but it saved faffing about with signing bills, etc. Of course, if you're like some people who were drinking brandy at 11 am and with lunch (!) it will be a better deal!!!! We tended to stick to wine at dinner, occasionally a glass with lunch and the occasional beer and maybe a Kahlua after dinner.

Thanks.

Is there no draft lager or beer on Eclipse.

Most cans are 12oz same as the bottles. There are a few larger ones like Boddingtons or the aluminum bottles that Bud uses are 16oz. Yes there is draft beer at some bars but only a couple of choices, Heineken is the only one I can remember for sure.

Which bar on the Eclipse Did you see the Heineken Draft?

Thanks.

Ok just to clarify "regular" bottled water (i.e. not premium) is still included on the classic package correct??? Someone just off please confirm??? When we were on 2 years ago the non premium was included. I'm fine with that.

Thanks!

also is there a photo somewhere on what is one the classic package for wines? Whites ? Reds?

Thanks!

Ok just to clarify "regular" bottled water (i.e. not premium) is still included on the classic package correct??? Someone just off please confirm??? When we were on 2 years ago the non premium was included. I'm fine with that.

Thanks!

also is there a photo somewhere on what is one the classic package for wines? Whites ? Reds?

Thanks!

Yes. We had the Classic BP. Just off the infinity (24 September).

Two questions....

1. If I have classic package and want to order a Red Bull, do I pay the full cost of the Red Bull or is there some sort of discount on it?

2. If I have classic package and order a Grey Goose Martini, how much should I expect to pay? I just pay the amount over the $9 limit right?

Two questions....

1. If I have classic package and want to order a Red Bull, do I pay the full cost of the Red Bull or is there some sort of discount on it?

2. If I have classic package and order a Grey Goose Martini, how much should I expect to pay? I just pay the amount over the $9 limit right?

I don't know about the Red Bull, but you are correct about the Grey Goose martini. You pay the difference between the Classic package allowance and the drink cost plus 18%.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

It appears that adding the "Better" perk package to our upcoming 11-nt cruise will essentially allow me to buy the classic beverage package for $150 each total .. about $13.65/day/person. While that sounds great, the truth is that we rarely drink more than Captain's Club gives us anyway or outside of those hours.

What *would* make this a deal for me is the quality of wines available at $9 or less a glass. If it is the same very thin tasting wines as served on the Captain's Club menu, there would be no point. But if they were even slightly better and more variety per varietal, that would be worth it. Anyone got a recent wine menu?

My wife & I are going on Celebrity Solstice March 30 next year and we have also got the 'classic' drinks package

does anyone have a copy of the classic drinks package so we know what drinks are included?

I know they will probably leave the drinks package menu in the cabin when we board the ship, but I'd like to know what type of beer / wine / spirits are included in the package

many thanks

so how do I find out what is and isn't included in the classic beverage package?

Your classic bev. Package will be noted on your seapass card. We order what we want and on the rare occasion it's not included the bartender or server tells us. We then either order it anyway and pay the difference plus 18% or order an alternative. BTW, we've had the classic beverage package given to us as a perk from our TA on our last 5 cruises. We've never asked for, seen or needed a menu.

Edited by Luvcrusn

Trying to find out what is included and what isn’t is really a waste of time.

We were on a B2B Cruise in Mar 2017. My wife asked for a Moscow Mule using Russian Standard Vodka. We had the Premium Pack and she was told that there is a $2 upcharge for that Vodka. She said forget it and use Grey Goose.

On the next cruise the whole drink pack was revised and Russian Standard was in the classic.

Don’t worry about what is and what isn’t until on the cruise. Things constantly change

Drink up 🍺🍻🍷🍸🍹

It appears that adding the "Better" perk package to our upcoming 11-nt cruise will essentially allow me to buy the classic beverage package for $150 each total .. about $13.65/day/person. While that sounds great, the truth is that we rarely drink more than Captain's Club gives us anyway or outside of those hours.

What *would* make this a deal for me is the quality of wines available at $9 or less a glass. If it is the same very thin tasting wines as served on the Captain's Club menu, there would be no point. But if they were even slightly better and more variety per varietal, that would be worth it. Anyone got a recent wine menu?

Wines vary by ship as to what's included and what isn't. Even the soda varies by ship, no cans on Reflection on the Classic package but then they are available on other ships :confused:.

Don’t they still have the drink package “menus” at each bar which clearly state what is included in the Classic package?

if that's the case then great, but it would be nice to have a heads up before going to the bar and trying to read the list