RCCL Star Service vs Celebrity Suite Class (Royal Suite+)

Maven3

I have cruised on the Allure utilizing the Star Class perks that are available, including their wonderful Royal Genies. RCCL's all inclusive suite perks cover all "up-charges" throughout the ship; specialty dining, chef's table, beverages under $14, Johnny Rockets, Cupcake Cupboard, smoothies at the spa, additional charges in the specialty restaurants (dry aged steaks for example), unlimited laundry service, gratuities, in room movies, wifi, and more.

Are the Suite Perks for a Royal or Penthouse suite similar on Celebrity? I have found that the specialty restaurants are included, but does that include the Gastro Pub & gelato at Cafe Bacio? What about additional charges at specialty restaurants?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have cruised on the Allure utilizing the Star Class perks that are available, including their wonderful Royal Genies. RCCL's all inclusive suite perks cover all "up-charges" throughout the ship; specialty dining, chef's table, beverages under $14, Johnny Rockets, Cupcake Cupboard, smoothies at the spa, additional charges in the specialty restaurants (dry aged steaks for example), unlimited laundry service, gratuities, in room movies, wifi, and more.

Are the Suite Perks for a Royal or Penthouse suite similar on Celebrity? I have found that the specialty restaurants are included, but does that include the Gastro Pub & gelato at Cafe Bacio? What about additional charges at specialty restaurants?

Not really addressing your question here - but one thing about Royal which confounds me: We had a Star Class suite on the Allure last year and lacked the ability to mix drinks in our own cabin. Apparently they no longer allow any bottles of alcohol in your cabin. I tried purchasing a bottle of vodka prior to the cruise so that we could mix a drink or two in the afternoon, or while getting ready for dinner... no go !

Yes, your "Royal Genie" will apparently come to your room and mix drinks for you, but in our experience the Genie could take up to 30 minutes to find his way to you, depending on what he's already got going.

Granted, it was early (as in first few sailings) in their new program at that point, but count me as not impressed.

With higher level suites on Celebrity, a couple of liters of alcohol are already waiting for you in your cabin.

Now, more to your question, on Celebrity (at least at the Royal Suite level and above) it includes all specialty dining, premium beverage package, unlimited WiFi (though not nearly as fast as what we had on the Allure!), and one or two other things which elude me at this point.

Tom

Not really addressing your question here - but one thing about Royal which confounds me: We had a Star Class suite on the Allure last year and lacked the ability to mix drinks in our own cabin. Apparently they no longer allow any bottles of alcohol in your cabin. I tried purchasing a bottle of vodka prior to the cruise so that we could mix a drink or two in the afternoon, or while getting ready for dinner... no go !

Yes, your "Royal Genie" will apparently come to your room and mix drinks for you, but in our experience the Genie could take up to 30 minutes to find his way to you, depending on what he's already got going.

Granted, it was early (as in first few sailings) in their new program at that point, but count me as not impressed.

With higher level suites on Celebrity, a couple of liters of alcohol are already waiting for you in your cabin.

Now, more to your question, on Celebrity (at least at the Royal Suite level and above) it includes all specialty dining, premium beverage package, unlimited WiFi (though not nearly as fast as what we had on the Allure!), and one or two other things which elude me at this point.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I agree, the bottle issue on RCCL is out of character compared to the other perks. My daughter got around this by ordering "4 fingers of Tito's" or whatever a couple times a day. Usually at the bar in Coastal Kitchen. At first the bartenders looked at her cross-eyed, then when they saw her coming it was usually poured before she approached the bar. So we "collected" alcohol throughout the day & had more than enough to mix drinks in our suite in the evening. It's not a perfect solution, but it is a work around.

Vickie

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Tom

Are the Gastro Pub, Cafe Bianco & Sushi on 5 considered "specialty restaurants" when it comes to the "complimentary with the Royal or Penthouse suites" or just Murano, Silk Harvest & Tuscan Grill?

Are the Gastro Pub, Cafe Bianco & Sushi on 5 considered "specialty restaurants" when it comes to the "complimentary with the Royal or Penthouse suites" or just Murano, Silk Harvest & Tuscan Grill?

They are all included. The Porch and Lawn Grill are also included if you are on the Silhouetteor Reflection. And yes it include the Gelato.

Most of the time Celebrity offers the Best Pricing/options for the Big Price and this will include the gratuities and additional OBC.

The upcharge for dry aged steak is not included or drinks over the premium drink limit. You pay the difference.

Hi Tom,

I agree, the bottle issue on RCCL is out of character compared to the other perks. My daughter got around this by ordering "4 fingers of Tito's" or whatever a couple times a day. Usually at the bar in Coastal Kitchen. At first the bartenders looked at her cross-eyed, then when they saw her coming it was usually poured before she approached the bar. So we "collected" alcohol throughout the day & had more than enough to mix drinks in our suite in the evening. It's not a perfect solution, but it is a work around.

Vickie

We ended up having to play a similar "game".

Might be easier just to SMUGGLE again !! :D

Tom

They are all included. The Porch and Lawn Grill are also included if you are on the Silhouetteor Reflection. And yes it include the Gelato.

Most of the time Celebrity offers the Best Pricing/options for the Big Price and this will include the gratuities and additional OBC.

The upcharge for dry aged steak is not included or drinks over the premium drink limit. You pay the difference.

Thanks for the info. I don't know why it is so difficult to find!

Presently on the Eclipse being totally pampered by the quality of food offered in both the speciality restaurants and Luminae and the service level is impeccable ....we were on the Allure in January and were unimpressed....We tried all the speciality restaurants and Coastal and if I am honest we didn't have one memorable meal...

Luminae and Michael's vs Coastal Kitchen and suite lounge just no comparison....

Please don't get me wrong, the RC product has lots to offer including great entertainment but in terms of food and suite lounge Celebrity is a mile ahead...

Presently on the Eclipse being totally pampered by the quality of food offered in both the speciality restaurants and Luminae and the service level is impeccable ....we were on the Allure in January and were unimpressed....We tried all the speciality restaurants and Coastal and if I am honest we didn't have one memorable meal...

Luminae and Michael's vs Coastal Kitchen and suite lounge just no comparison....

Please don't get me wrong, the RC product has lots to offer including great entertainment but in terms of food and suite lounge Celebrity is a mile ahead...

150 Central Park is our favorite restaurant on the Allure. You can find good, but rarely fantastic, dining on the Allure. I was completely unimpressed with their Chef's Table experience.

We are cruising on the Equinox for the 1st time in 2 weeks, I am expecting excellent dining opportunities & marginal entertainment in the main theater. Hopefully the entertainment will surpass my expectations.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Equinox has another entertainment venue that you won't be expecting (from Royal experience): the Corning Hot Glass Show. Be sure to come to one of the shows early in your cruise, because if you find it as fascinating as we did you will want to go back again and again.

Equinox has another entertainment venue that you won't be expecting (from Royal experience): the Corning Hot Glass Show. Be sure to come to one of the shows early in your cruise, because if you find it as fascinating as we did you will want to go back again and again.

Thanks for the info. I have read about it, we plan on attending. I am a Chihuly fan, so the glass show is a must!

They are all included. The Porch and Lawn Grill are also included if you are on the Silhouette or Reflection. And yes it include the Gelato.

Is that correct now? I only ask because on our last cruise in a PH, Gelato was included but not the Gastro Pub food. It was the first time that we had not had to pay for Gelato, so I appreciate that things can change.

Can only speak for Celebrity. Just been on Connie in PH. Really spoiled. There are 2 bottles of spirits of your choice waiting for you and whatever mixers and beers etc that you want. These are always kept topped up. Also a bottle of Perrier Jouet. Gelato is included, as much as you want. We did have to remind the girl though as she tried to charge at first.

All speciality restaurants were included for us and you can just see Michaels Concierge who will reserve for you. Wifi, laundry etc also included.

It is an amazing experience and one you won't regret. Trouble is it is hard to go back to any other type if room.

Sue

150 Central Park is our favorite restaurant on the Allure. You can find good, but rarely fantastic, dining on the Allure. I was completely unimpressed with their Chef's Table experience.

Went there on the Allure and tried both (wine pairing?) menus. I liked the salts, lol --- but they managed to poison most every dish with CILANTRO !

Tom

Is that correct now? I only ask because on our last cruise in a PH, Gelato was included but not the Gastro Pub food. It was the first time that we had not had to pay for Gelato, so I appreciate that things can change.

I missed the Gastro Pub inquiry. I have no experience with that option, so it might not be included. I do not know.

I agree Luminae and MC is much better than the Oasis CK and suite lounge.

But unlimited in room movies, the Genie letting you select your theater seating and other shows was wonderful, having your luggage delivered to as soon as you check in, not having to put your luggage out the last night was a big plus, it goes off the ship about an hour before you do (Priceless). Also on the Oasis our Genie provided a bottle of Canadian Club for my DH so he could have a drink in the suite. We usually stay in PH suites on Celebrity, but we felt that the Star class service on the Oasis and our Genie was far better.

I agree Luminae and MC is much better than the Oasis CK and suite lounge.

But unlimited in room movies, the Genie letting you select your theater seating and other shows was wonderful, having your luggage delivered to as soon as you check in, not having to put your luggage out the last night was a big plus, it goes off the ship about an hour before you do (Priceless). Also on the Oasis our Genie provided a bottle of Canadian Club for my DH so he could have a drink in the suite. We usually stay in PH suites on Celebrity, but we felt that the Star class service on the Oasis and our Genie was far better.

I love the luggage going off the ship when you do. On the Allure, there were 7 of us. Our luggage left the room & walked off with us. It was very convenient. The in room movies are nice too, when I have a nice suite, I like to spend some time in it. The Genie's are awesome, they train at the butler schools. I wish Celebrity would give the same perks with butler service that RCCL does with the Genie's.

Tom

Although I'm not a friend of Bill W., we really enjoy the ease of being able to pour yourself a drink at any time when sailing the upper suites on Celebrity. Even in the top suite on RCCL, getting a drink in our suite was inconvenient. Also, our butler (or someone filling in while he was on break) was always available to fulfill our needs. Another X suite plus was having coffee delivered to our room at a set time each morning. Something we just couldn't get done on RCCL.

I also agree with Chemmo. Luminae and Michaels are light years better than CK and the Suite lounge on RCCL.

It does depend on what is important to you....if you are a real theatre lover then the genie guarding the best spot for you (reserving it from even other suite guests) is a bonus!

Luggage movement with you definitely a pro for RC....Always a concern on Celebrity that one of us will get up in the morning and have no trousers, shoes....to disembark in!

As we are more interested in food and drink than theatres (and even luggage) I guess Celebrity wins at present for us.

Just as a thought....on RC will the genie help 'refine' in suite dining like the Celebrity butler does (course by course delivery...)?

I have read recently on other threads that with the advent of the suite manager position there has been an expidated luggage delivery service on embarkation.

Prehaps Celebrity is trying to address the difference between the two suite products?

Just as a thought....on RC will the genie help 'refine' in suite dining like the Celebrity butler does (course by course delivery...)?

I don't know. I never asked the Genie to do anything she wasn't at least willing to try to accomplish. So I imagine she would if I asked. Generally when we decide to have a meal in our suite, we are aiming for privacy. So I really don't want someone in there with us for every course. If I was throwing a dinner party, that would be different -- but not likely when I am on a ship. I'll see if the butler is willing to bring us all the food at once when we are on the Equinox in 2 weeks. I am not that much of a food snob that I expect all my courses to be like they just left the chef's hands when they were carted 1/2 way across the ship.

I have read recently on other threads that with the advent of the suite manager position there has been an expidated luggage delivery service on embarkation.

Prehaps Celebrity is trying to address the difference between the two suite products?

Interesting, I will let you know what I think of the butler services as compared to the Genie's after our trip next month.

Since Celebrity is supposed to be more of an upscale experience to begin with, it makes sense that their top suite guests would receive service at least comparable to RCCL's. That being said, it appears that RCCL charges more for their prime real estate than Celebrity does.

If I was throwing a dinner party, that would be different -- but not likely when I am on a ship.

If you do not try this you really do not know what you are missing. On two cruises, we have made good friends on board and hosted a dinner party in our PH suite. They have been truly memorable occasions we still speak of frequently.