Escape Owners Suite or 2 bedroom - 5 adults

Baby0821

I have been back and forth with my family on deciding to go in the Deluxe Owner suite or 2 bedroom Haven on Escape. We are 5 adults and 1 teenager (age 14). so we r close to 6 adults. I want the Deluxe owner suite so everyone can be comfortable with the extra space and not be on top of each other, but others fill, it's a waste of money, being the seating and sleeping count doesnt change, that all we are paying for is the room space.

Would u recommend the OS or 2-bedroom with the amount of Adults going in 1 room? :confused:

I've had 5 adults in an Epic 2 bedroom suite and it worked pretty good. 2 couples in each bed and one person on the sofa. What really made this work was 2 full bathrooms.

I could be wrong but these newer NCL ships have another bedroom in the OS? Do they come with a full bathroom (shower). If so, I would pick the OS easily. That HUGE balcony is like another room. But if there is no shower in the second bath, there will be a line to shower each day. But if you get spa passes you could make that work.

For me to decide I would need to know there is another bedroom and full bath. I am also assuming money is not an issue because an OS is much more expensive than a 2 bedroom suite. You could save thousands and everyone still have a wonderful time. Although that OS really gives people room to spread out.

I have been back and forth with my family on deciding to go in the Deluxe Owner suite or 2 bedroom Haven on Escape. We are 5 adults and 1 teenager (age 14). so we r close to 6 adults. I want the Deluxe owner suite so everyone can be comfortable with the extra space and not be on top of each other, but others fill, it's a waste of money, being the seating and sleeping count doesnt change, that all we are paying for is the room space.

Would u recommend the OS or 2-bedroom with the amount of Adults going in 1 room? :confused:

If you can swing it definitely go with the Deluxe Owners Suite. I cruise with my mother,sister, and my adult daughter. We've stayed in the 2BR suite twice and the DOS twice. The 2BR is ok with 4, but you'll feel crowded with 6. Tell them you're not paying extra for the room space, you're paying extra for your sanity!! I'd be pulling my hair out with 6 in the 2BR. The DOS is perfect for 6 adults. It has two full bedrooms, two full bathrooms, and a powder room. Yes, someone will be sleeping in the living room with both suites, but the DOS has one hell of a living room!! You'll be glad you have that extra space, especially if you plan on having meals in the suite. There's plenty of storage for 6 in the DOS. Not so much in the 2BR. Plenty of space to move around comfortably. There's nothing like walking into your small apartment to relax after a long day. You won't regret it!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you can swing it definitely go with the Deluxe Owners Suite. I cruise with my mother,sister, and my adult daughter. We've stayed in the 2BR suite twice and the DOS twice. The 2BR is ok with 4, but you'll feel crowded with 6. Tell them you're not paying extra for the room space, you're paying extra for your sanity!! I'd be pulling my hair out with 6 in the 2BR. The DOS is perfect for 6 adults. It has two full bedrooms, two full bathrooms, and a powder room. Yes, someone will be sleeping in the living room with both suites, but the DOS has one hell of a living room!! You'll be glad you have that extra space, especially if you plan on having meals in the suite. There's plenty of storage for 6 in the DOS. Not so much in the 2BR. Plenty of space to move around comfortably. There's nothing like walking into your small apartment to relax after a long day. You won't regret it!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks this was my thought exactly. I dont like being crowded. and i would rather have too much space than not enough space. and I was thinking exactly that, the storage space for 6 adults luggages. plenty of area closet to store luggage and clothing that would also take up the space. i think at the end of the day it would be worth it. and we are bring a cousin of ours who's a firat time cruiser. I dont want her to have a bad experience.

Question: Are you able to sit on the balcony while ship is in motion, even though it's in front of ship, concern about it being too windy?

Thanks this was my thought exactly. I dont like being crowded. and i would rather have too much space than not enough space. and I was thinking exactly that, the storage space for 6 adults luggages. plenty of area closet to store luggage and clothing that would also take up the space. i think at the end of the day it would be worth it. and we are bring a cousin of ours who's a firat time cruiser. I dont want her to have a bad experience.

Question: Are you able to sit on the balcony while ship is in motion, even though it's in front of ship, concern about it being too windy?

I didn't spend a ton of time on the balcony, but I don't remember the wind being an issue. For me it was the Sun. This past cruise in August we were in 18102. Depending on the time of day the Sun will be directly on the lounge chairs. I fell asleep without sunblock and woke up with a red nose!! Also, there is a smaller balcony that can be accessed from the master bedroom. That balcony has two chairs and a table. It's pretty well protected from the elements.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't spend a ton of time on the balcony, but I don't remember the wind being an issue. For me it was the Sun. This past cruise in August we were in 18102. Depending on the time of day the Sun will be directly on the lounge chairs. I fell asleep without sunblock and woke up with a red nose!! Also, there is a smaller balcony that can be accessed from the master bedroom. That balcony has two chairs and a table. It's pretty well protected from the elements.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ah Man :o...

Speaking of sun, does the Haven come with cabanas on the private island?