11,12 & 14 day cruises NOT RE-ROUTED

caddykid12

Was told in an email by vivian. Ncl passenger services president. That my 14 day BA eastern cruise is staying east and eill not go western What ports are left my itinerary was SJ. St maarten lucia Thomas. Dominica. Tortola. Antigua. Barbados.

What other eastern islands can they fill? She said they are securing berthing rights. But theres not much left in the eastern. Croix and kitts just got hammered too.

Really confused to even what is left to the eastern

Was told in an email by vivian. Ncl passenger services president. That my 14 day BA eastern cruise is staying east and eill not go western What ports are left my itinerary was SJ. St maarten lucia Thomas. Dominica. Tortola. Antigua. Barbados.

What other eastern islands can they fill? She said they are securing berthing rights. But theres not much left in the eastern. Croix and kitts just got hammered too.

ABC's island......St Vincent and few others......I'm in the same boat

So the Breakaway 12 day starting December 3 appears to be undergoing a complete reroute. Our last 2 ports were Antigua and St. Kitts, which are fine, but I have found Breakaway on the port schedule for Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios for those two days now. Grand Cayman is great, but our roll call is mixed on Ocho Rios.

We were hoping they would shift ports to Barbados and St. Lucia but the impact to San Juan may have sealed it for us. It was a 6 port cruise and we will probably lose a port due to the extra sailing time to ports further south. We are afraid we will get Port Canaveral as a replacement port, which I rate 1 out of 5 compared to the 4 and 5 star ports we were going to originally.

As of Sunday, September 24th,2017 the following ports are closed to all cruise ships,except ships that are sailing with emergency supplies to the affected islands. The closed ports are San Juan, Puerto Rico, St Thomas, St Croix, and St Martin. I have read conflicting reports regarding St Kitts, Dominican Republic, and Turks and Caicos. Aruba, Bonaire, and Curaçao were not affected by any of the hurricanes. Key West reopened today and is receiving cruise ships.

By the way St. Kitts is fine, reports from the island say they suffered only minor damage, same as Antigua.

St. Lucia and Barbados are both good for cruise calls. There is also Grenada and the Bahamas - GSC, Nassau, Freeport. San Juan intends to be able to receive ships in two months. Dominican Republic is also OK.

http://cruisejamaica.com/cruise-ship-arrival-schedule/

The Jamaica cruise ship calendar shows the Breakaway in Ocho Rios in December and January. Maybe more. I didn't check every month. As PelicanBill mentioned, I believe it's in Cayman, too. It will be interesting to see what the itinerary really looks like when it's released.

Just because the port is ok to call at doesnt mean the ISLAND as a whole is ready or safe for tourists

Which port(s) are you concerned about then? I have been reading numerous sources and St. Kitts and Antigua suffered only light damage and are ready to receive visitors.

Last year ships called on Nassau two days after a hurricane strike. I saw roofs debris on the sidewalks and trees stacked along the streets, but they were ready.

The Jamaica cruise ship calendar shows the Breakaway in Ocho Rios in December and January. Maybe more. I didn't check every month. As PelicanBill mentioned, I believe it's in Cayman, too. It will be interesting to see what the itinerary really looks like when it's released.

the Breakaway is scheduled for western carribean on Jan 19 to february 2 this one is not affected by hurrican Irma and Maria

They can go to Samana in the DR. They can go to Jamaica. They can go to Grand Cayman. St. Kitts is still in play. St. Lucia is still good to go. Dominica and Tortola are out for a while.

Jamaica and grand caymsn are western

Not necessarily. They can easily be accommodated in a 12 - 14 day eastern cruise.

What OP is really saying is that NCL is not going to take away the eastern ports that are not damaged but that they are going to add some other ports. The question is really where can they get those ports, anf that opens up anyting from the western end of Cuba and eastward.

Not necessarily. They can easily be accommodated in a 12 - 14 day eastern cruise.

What OP is really saying is that NCL is not going to take away the eastern ports that are not damaged but that they are going to add some other ports. The question is really where can they get those ports, anf that opens up anyting from the western end of Cuba and eastward.

I was hoping so but the first two ports we found changed on the Breakaway 12/3 sailing are Antigua and St. Kitts! The two new ports replace the two that were still good in our itinerary. So I assume we are getting a total western reroute now.

So the Breakaway 12 day starting December 3 appears to be undergoing a complete reroute. Our last 2 ports were Antigua and St. Kitts, which are fine, but I have found Breakaway on the port schedule for Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios for those two days now. Grand Cayman is great, but our roll call is mixed on Ocho Rios.

We were hoping they would shift ports to Barbados and St. Lucia but the impact to San Juan may have sealed it for us. It was a 6 port cruise and we will probably lose a port due to the extra sailing time to ports further south. We are afraid we will get Port Canaveral as a replacement port, which I rate 1 out of 5 compared to the 4 and 5 star ports we were going to originally.

Bill: I'm with you on Port Canaveral. I'd just as soon stay at sea as go there.

Thanks for the link. Looks like our Jewel 10-day Southern is now going to at least Jamaica. May be cancelling this one.

There is 8 other ports available in Southern Caribbean

You have 1- Samana , Santo Domingo in Domicain (East caribbean)

2-Basseterre St-Kitts. Only minor Damages reopened on Sept 17

3- Fort de France Martinique

4- St georges Grenadas

5- the ABC islands Aruba, Bonaire and Curacua

6- San Juan could be open in January 2018 It's an evening stop (3.00pm to 10.00pm)

of course there is St-Lucia ,Barbados and st-Johns Antigua (that should be open in January) those are already on the schedule

There is still lots of ports available in Southern Caribbean

I'm not worried all I know in January 2018 I will be in Southen Caribbean