Booking woes, can't pre-register. Says booking "On Hold" and will expire in 24 hours

can'twaittogoagain

Oh no. Has anybody experienced this? I booked through a TA and paid my deposit. Got confirmation email with link to pre-register. I can't, it won't let me. It says I have a booking "on hold" that will expire in 24 hours! Tried to call TA. Closed on Sundays. Called Celebrity who was nice, but not able to talk with me because I booked with TA and "must go through the travel agent.

I've booked a pre-cruise hotel as well as airfare to and from, and travel insurance. I called TA, left voicemail, and sent email. Don't know what else I can do.

Is this standard procedure? My first cruise with Celebrity, but have used this agency many times in the past without issue. Maybe new agent doesn't know proper codes.

I'm bummed. :(

Oh no. Has anybody experienced this? I booked through a TA and paid my deposit. Got confirmation email with link to pre-register. I can't' date=' it won't let me. It says I have a booking "on hold" that will expire in 24 hours! Tried to call TA. Closed on Sundays. Called Celebrity who was nice, but not able to talk with me because I booked with TA and "must go through the travel agent.

I've booked a pre-cruise hotel as well as airfare to and from, and travel insurance. I called TA, left voicemail, and sent email. Don't know what else I can do.

Is this standard procedure? My first cruise with Celebrity, but have used this agency many times in the past without issue. Maybe new agent doesn't know proper codes.

I'm bummed. :([/quote']

Pre-register for what? You shouldn't have to do anything, except maybe sign up for Captain's Club. Do you have a confirmation/booking number? You should be able to look up your booking using that, though you won't be able to make payments since you used a TA.

Not clear what the real issue is. When does the 24 hour clock start? When does the TA open? Usually, and this could be an exception, if you ring up X with an issue like this, they sometimes will let you know not to worry. Not knowing the questions posed to the agent, no input can be provided, reliably that is.

Ring your agent in the morning and have them call. I Am sure everything, mostly, is fine.

bon voyage

Pre-register for what? You shouldn't have to do anything, except maybe sign up for Captain's Club. Do you have a confirmation/booking number? You should be able to look up your booking using that, though you won't be able to make payments since you used a TA.

I don't know. I've never sailed with Celebrity. The TA said I could go to the Celebrity website and pre-register, and there was a link in his confirmation email. I was taken to a webpage that says "Check In." I guess that is the proper terminology, not pre-register. Anyway, I could enter my ressie #, name, birthday, ship, sail date, and then I was to click the "Continue" button. That took me to a page that said I had a sail "On Hold" and listed my correct booking number, our name, the ship, and sail date. But I could not proceed. In the past I have done this for NCL, and was taken to a page where I entered pertinent info, i.e. passenger names, passport number, contact info, etc. I was unable to proceed further. So, I called the Celebrity rep, who told me all she could tell me was we have "Hold" on that cruise, and I would need to communicate with the TA. (Closed today). I explained to Celebrity I already made deposit (it shows up on my Visa) and booked air, hotel, etc, and to lose this cabin/booking would not be good. She couldn't talk to me. I'm freaking out. Ironically, I was sitting here today watching football and decided to go to the Celebrity site and look at our reservation on a whim. Otherwise....I would not have known. I hope TA can correct this in the A.M. because I don't know when the hold expirres. 24 hours from when? Oh dear.

Edited by can'twaittogoagain
spelling error

Celebrity often does website maintenance & updates on weekends. Don't panic if it is showing a hold, the TA has done the booking and the website hasn't updated. Celebrity cruises are great but the website is dis functional much of the time.

You can check your credit card to see if your deposit has hit your card.

Celebrity often does website maintenance & updates on weekends. Don't panic if it is showing a hold, the TA has done the booking and the website hasn't updated. Celebrity cruises are great but the website is dis functional much of the time.

You can check your credit card to see if your deposit has hit your card.

Yes, the deposit says pending on my card, as well as all the other purchased I made same day. On the weekend my bank doesn't update. I have my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your reply...

Not clear what the real issue is. When does the 24 hour clock start? When does the TA open? Usually, and this could be an exception, if you ring up X with an issue like this, they sometimes will let you know not to worry. Not knowing the questions posed to the agent, no input can be provided, reliably that is.

Ring your agent in the morning and have them call. I Am sure everything, mostly, is fine.

bon voyage

Thanks for reply. The real issue is my booking shows only a "Hold" status, and I have clearly indicated we want this cabin/sailing, and I paid the proper deposit. It shows on my card. I hope all will be fine. I don't know when the clock starts! TA opens 9 a.m. I will be on the phone!

If the charge has posted (even pending) then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

When is your cruise? I ask because online check-in doesn't normall open until 90 days or less before sailing.

Cruise if Feb 4, 2017. Maybe that is why. TA didn't advise. I will call in a.m. to be sure we are ok.... Thanks for your reply. I'm feeling a little bit less freaked out.

Oh no. Has anybody experienced this? I booked through a TA and paid my deposit. Got confirmation email with link to pre-register. I can't' date=' it won't let me. It says I have a booking "on hold" that will expire in 24 hours! Tried to call TA. Closed on Sundays. Called Celebrity who was nice, but not able to talk with me because I booked with TA and "must go through the travel agent.

The same thing happens to me, the important due date for the deposit payment is the one indicated on the cruise ticket you receive, the charge to the credit card is made directly by Celebrity not by TA. if the purchase is already authorized by your bank, I would not worry

The same thing happens to me, the important due date for the deposit payment is the one indicated on the cruise ticket you receive, the charge to the credit card is made directly by Celebrity not by TA. if the purchase is already authorized by your bank, I would not worry

Oh, I'm sorry that happened to you, but it's very comforting to know. Thanks for the reply!

Yes, it is standard procedure for a cruise line to tell you to contact your TA when you book a cruise through a TA.

In addition to the travel agent's own invoice, your TA should have emailed you your guest copy of the Celebrity invoice.

This is the document from Celebrity that shows how Celebrity actually has you booked in their system.

It gets updated every time you make a change or a payment.

If you book directly with Celebrity, they send your updated copy of the invoice directly to you, but if you book with a TA, Celebrity sends it to the TA instead and then the TA sends it to you.

It is important to check it for accuracy each time it is updated, and save the latest version for future reference.

At the upper right, it says

Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy

Issue Date: 24 DEC 2017

Confirmation Copy # 1

The Issue Date and Confirmation Copy # change each time you make a chance or payment to your reservation, which is when they issue you an updated copy.

It should contain all the details of your reservation, including ship, date, cabin number, price of the cruise, deposit paid, remaining balance due, the final payment due date, as well as penalty payment dates and a chart showing the amounts for late payments or cancellations.

Note: some TAs set their own payment due date in advance of the cruise line's due date, just for their own protection in case anything gets messed up.

But the cruise line won't cancel your cruise as long as you are paid in full by the date shown on their invoice.

My advice would be to check your online account again on Monday morning, before you start calling your travel agent.

Most likely everything in your account will be fine by then, except that none of your payment information will show in your online Celebrity account if you use a TA, so you need to check that on your Guest Copy of the Celebrity invoice.

Also, be sure that you receive an updated copy of your Celebrity invoice as soon as your travel agent makes the final payment for you, and check it to make sure that the Balance Due is then showing as 0.00

As others have stated, they do maintenance on the Celebrity website on weekends so that is when things often look messed up or appear to vanish completely, even though they are still correctly there.

What they really should do to keep customers from panicking is to post a simple message saying that they are doing maintenance on the website and to check back later.

They do that occasionally, but I don't know why they won't do it regularly.