International Cafe Premium Tea (no punch)

pundang

Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me what is the unlimited premium tea (no punch) offered at IC? Do I receive a cup of hot water and tea bag? Or??

Will the barista fill my insulated cup with hot water? Or can I ask for just the tea bag and fill my own cup with hot water from the buffet?

Also I read a couple posts that hot chocolate is no punch. Is this correct? Any recent experiences?

Thanks

There is a nice selection of teas, both caffeinated and herbal, and the barrister plunks a bag into hot water. No, he won't make you go up 7 decks to get hot water at the HC.

And in my experience, cocoa requires a punch.

I generally have an English breakfast tea at the IC (ie not take away).

I always ask for 2 tea bags. I show my coffee card (no punch), and they return with a pot of tea with 2 tea bags, a cup and saucer, a small jug of milk. Sugars are generally already on the table. The tea bags have generally been Twinings English breakfast on my recent cruises (I can't remember too far back)....

I generally have an English breakfast tea at the IC (ie not take away).

I always ask for 2 tea bags. I show my coffee card (no punch), and they return with a pot of tea with 2 tea bags, a cup and saucer, a small jug of milk. Sugars are generally already on the table. The tea bags have generally been Twinings English breakfast on my recent cruises (I can't remember too far back)....

I thought the premium bags were a more foo-foo brand than Twinings.

You are correct the IC generally has Mighty Leaf tea in bags. My wife will often get an extra bag in the afternoon to take with her to dinner. Then she simply asks for a pot of hot water at dessert time. Waiters look at her funny but finally figure it out.

My recent cruises on the Golden and Emerald (both Australian cruises) was Twinings for English Breakfast as the free (no punch) tea with my coffee card (I also noticed Liptons in Horizon). Don't know what the Herbal brands were. I can't remember the Tea on my last 2 Regal princess cruises last year (not the tea tower), but I remember the crown to/from Southampton also served me Twinings in the IC when I asked for English breakfast (again don't know what the Herbals were)....it's all grey any further back than that..:)

The Emerald princess a few weeks ago, was the first ship where ALL staff would offer to let the tea brew in the pot instead of pouring weak tea in my cup. I was very impressed (it's the little things in life...:D)....

Horizon Court and dining rooms have the standard Lipton tea, as well as green tea, lemon, earl grey, and probably something else that I can't remember. The premium teas at the IC are Mighty Leaf brand, and they have 6 or 7 varieties.

I've ordered hot chocolate and premium teas numerous times at the IC and never had to use a punch.

You could ask the barista to give you your tea bag and a large disposable cup of hot water. Then pour it into your insulated mug.

Brand I have always seen is Mighty Leaf. Many varieties but my favorites are a mint one and one with ginger. No punch required.

Edited by bigenna

My wife always have the Mighty Leaf Chamomile Citrus at the IC after dinner. It is served on a tea pot when taken at the Piazza, or in an insulated cup if to be taken to the stateroom.

Hi everyone,

Can someone tell me what is the unlimited premium tea (no punch) offered at IC? Do I receive a cup of hot water and tea bag? Or??

Will the barista fill my insulated cup with hot water? Or can I ask for just the tea bag and fill my own cup with hot water from the buffet?

Also I read a couple posts that hot chocolate is no punch. Is this correct? Any recent experiences?

Thanks

The premium tea is Mighty Leaf.

If you just order it you will receive the tea bag already in the cup of water.

If you ask to make the tea in your own mug some baristas will fill your insulated mug and some will hand you a cup of hot water and the tea bag to do it yourself.

Yes, you can ask for just the tea bag (I've done that) as long as you show them your card.

Don't know about the hot chocolate.

I brought my own tea bags (decaffeinated green tea) on our last cruise. I only used them a couple of times. The dining room and Horizon Court have peppermint tea and chamomile tea in addition to the ones previously listed. They're my go-to herbal teas when I didn't think to bring along my own tea bags.

• 8 months later...

yes, I am thinking of bringing our large tea mug, because we literally drink a bucket of hot tea at a time, so having small cups of tea is annoying and dissatisfying. But what I mean is - is it possible to get a cup of tea for myself and hubs at the same time, since it's unlimited with the coffee card? the coffee card doesn't work like AIBP and doesn't say that it can't be shared.

yes, I am thinking of bringing our large tea mug, because we literally drink a bucket of hot tea at a time, so having small cups of tea is annoying and dissatisfying. But what I mean is - is it possible to get a cup of tea for myself and hubs at the same time, since it's unlimited with the coffee card? the coffee card doesn't work like AIBP and doesn't say that it can't be shared.

I'm pretty sure you can get 2 at the same time.

We sat with some friends in the MDR and she brought extra tea bags from the IC. One for each of us.

You could also ask for the pot and pour it into your mugs. Or ask the barista to fill your "bucket". Another way is to order room service and keep the thermal jug, take it up to the Horizon Court buffet and refill as needed. BTW: don't refill personal cups/jugs direct from the tap in the buffet. Put it into a clean cup, then pour into your personal pot.

Sorry, but I'm new to Princess and I drink a LOT of tea but never drink coffee. My wife likes the occasional coffee but also drinks a lot of tea. Are you saying that, if my wife buys a coffee card then she can also get me a tea at IC without it counting against her card? And the same goes for getting hot chocolate (daughter likes Hot Chocolate sometimes)?

To be honest, we will probably be taking our own tea bags so I would probably only be after hot water and milk (and a cup!).

Thanks