Amawaterways question

IaTravelGirl

I am new to river cruising but am excited to go on my first on Amawaterways Amaprima. I just got my documents and to my dismay I can't bring my curling iron/straight iron. I am not a diva, but can't live without this device. Is this true? Also, they say they have some on board to use. Has anyone experienced this? I know this sounds kind of lame, but I gotta have my hair looking good. :)

Thanks for any help.

I am new to river cruising but am excited to go on my first on Amawaterways Amaprima. I just got my documents and to my dismay I can't bring my curling iron/straight iron. I am not a diva, but can't live without this device. Is this true? Also, they say they have some on board to use. Has anyone experienced this? I know this sounds kind of lame, but I gotta have my hair looking good. :)

Thanks for any help.

Two places to ask:

1. Call the cruise line. And ask for clarification on the item.

2. Go to the River Cruising forum and ask there: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=365&f=191

It states curling irons. I have some pretty unruly hair. Have to say it's a bummer. Just wondering if they enforce this rule.

I'll just point out, by the end of the cruise, it won't really matter what your hair looks like. Everyone onboard will be in the same boat (so to speak).

I, too, have frizzy, unruly hair. That's why I keep it short. Wash & go works great with traveling.

It states curling irons. I have some pretty unruly hair. Have to say it's a bummer. Just wondering if they enforce this rule.

Maybe something to do with the voltage on the ship so they may have European ones

I would call & check to be sure

On the two AMA river cruises we've been on, the ships had only European outlets/voltage. The front desk has a few adapters to loan if you need to charge a phone, [i always travel with my own] and I seem to recall something about a few converters to loan, too. Given the size of the cabins and very limited desk/counter-top space, those converter boxes would take up a lot of needed room.

River cruises are very casual and I've never missed spending time on my hair or dressing for dinner.

Darcy

• 1 month later...

The point of not bringing your own curling or straight iron has to do with the voltage. When I got on the Amaprima I asked the front desk for a straight iron and they graciously let me borrow one for the length of the cruise. It was new and worked well. I was told that even sometimes with a converter some will catch on fire.