Chill full. playful. Sinful. I say offensive.

twobluecats

I am certain many will not feel as I do about Celebrity’s latest promotion about the Edge and the area called Eden. However, as an Elite Plus (translate LOYAL) Customer onboard 56 days this year alone, I believe promoting their product as sinful in an effort to appeal to people is just incredibly sad and indicative of a marketing ploy gone wrong. Maybe my Celebrity is fading away into oblivion considering their target audience based on conceptual drawings also includes nobody over the age of 30. I am a huge proponent of raising the bar, setting high standards, growth, and innovation. That said, I simply don’t consider “sinful” to be something I seek or strive for when vacationing or otherwise.

Been saying this a couple of years, any real or imagined outreach to millennials is going to be a joke if they can't fix their IT problems.

So true.

Oh for crying out loud. People getting offended by something they claim not to know the meaning of. Chill full is fairly commonly used for very relaxing. Oh, the horror.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No. Chill full is wrong. It's like saying I am playing the Pokemen or going to the chill in. It's just a wrong use of the word and it almost feels like a grammatical error.

Chill full is not on urbandictionary either.

I am a millennial and it rubs me the wrong way.

The ad world is full of grammatically incorrect slogans. Apples Think Different instead of Think Differently. Or Staples We Got That vs We Have That both come to mind. Do you also feel deep indignation for them?

So you're not chill full, deal!

Edited by SetU2

So true.

No. Chill full is wrong. It's like saying I am playing the Pokemen or going to the chill in. It's just a wrong use of the word and it almost feels like a grammatical error.

Chill full is not on urbandictionary either.

I am a millennial and it rubs me the wrong way.

"Marketing: you're doing it wrong."

It surely is not one of the "more important things" and it may have been "thashed (sp) about extensively" however it is still interesting and in my opinion more important than the constant horse beating given to topics like smoking, smuggling, irons, children, dress codes and free burgers. Maybe after a few years of discussion the topic will fall into the "OH NO NOT AGAIN' category but until then it is still relatively fresh and worth at least a few responses. If it is not your cup of tea, don't respond.

bosco

The ad world is full of grammatically incorrect slogans. Apples Think Different instead of Think Differently. Or Staples We Got That vs We Have That both come to mind. Do you also feel deep indignation for them?

So you're not chill full, deal!

So true :')

"Marketing: you're doing it wrong."

Also true

People read so much into advertising! You either are intrigue by the concept or not. I am not easily offended. Sinful to me means excess, which most people do in a cruise: On average, a person will eat in excess, drink in excess and sleep in excess (I am guilty of 1 out of 3). People read so much into it! This was beat to death when it first came out!

Regardless of what age range you are: millennials, genx, baby boomers, if you don't like the ad to the point of it been so offensive, then vote with your $$$ and sail on another ship or cruise line.

People read so much into advertising! . You either are intrigue(d) by the concept or not. I am not easily offended. Sinful to me means excess, (Like EDEN with an apple and a snake...Hmmm yup excess or over eating??--NOT TO ME)which most people do in a cruise: On average, a person will eat in excess, drink in excess and sleep in excess (I am guilty of 1 out of 3). People read so much into it! This was beat to death when it first came out! ( I have been on this and other forums for almost 17 years and have for all those years never failed to see a day go by that doesn't have a post about some of the same old garbage like smoking, dress codes, tipping, smuggling and on and on. If someone wants to vent that is their right and for me it is the purpose of this entire CRUISE CRITIC website. It is like a group of passengers sitting around a lounge having drinks and a sometimes spirited conversation. YOU CAN ALWAYS LEAVE IF YOU WANT.)

Regardless of what age range you are: millennials, genx, baby boomers, if you don't like the ad to the point of it been so offensive, then vote with your $$$ and sail on another ship or cruise line.

OMO

bosco

OLD NEWS..

Maybe the moderators should stop any new threads from being posted that deal with smoking, children, smuggling, irons, coffee, tipping, dress code, rudeness, beverage packages or any number of topics. After all these topics have been discussed, beaten to death, rotted in their graves or whatever thousands of times over the past 17 years that I have been on this board. TOO BAD. IGNORE IT.

bosco

Offensive? Oh good grief. Loosen that corset Maudie, before you die of the vapours. Did you even bother to listen to what they were planning there? You're really offended that badly by an interactive space that combines relaxing, dining and entertainment in a new, modern and experiential format? Or are you simply getting your bloomers in a twist because you took those three words literally? Because we all know that advertisers ALWAYS intend every word to be taken literally. :rolleyes: Refusing to sail on a ship because of 3 words used in an ad? Unbelievable.

Offensive? Oh good grief. Loosen that corset Maudie, before you die of the vapours. Did you even bother to listen to what they were planning there? You're really offended that badly by an interactive space that combines relaxing, dining and entertainment in a new, modern and experiential format? Or are you simply getting your bloomers in a twist because you took those three words literally? Because we all know that advertisers ALWAYS intend every word to be taken literally. :rolleyes: Refusing to sail on a ship because of 3 words used in an ad? Unbelievable.

Why doesn't this site have a damn LOVE button!

The simple fact is that the whole purpose of any ad campaign is to get people talking and in that regard the simple fact that people are still beating on this dead horse is an indicator that Celebrity actually got this one right.

You can bet that every person that feigns indignation over this ad will cause at least 5 other people to check out what all the fuss is about. More eyes leads to more bookings, which is exactly what Celebrity wants.

I think I ❤️ love you

:'):') I lol'ed at the red part

I'm a snowflake. I get offended by everything. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.

OP - In all seriousness, my advice is to live in the world but don't be a part of the world.

What's worse is I see no mention of the words "Christmas" or "Easter" in any of the Edge advertising. Is Celebrity trying to kill Christmas? What's the world coming to? Time for decent people to fight back, I say!

What's worse is I see no mention of the words "Christmas" or "Easter" in any of the Edge advertising. Is Celebrity trying to kill Christmas? What's the world coming to? Time for decent people to fight back, I say!

Oh Good Lord!!!! The horse is dead. Please stop beating it!!!!!:eek:

Oh Good Lord!!!! The horse is dead. Please stop beating it!!!!!:eek:

Yes, I'd heard rumours that Celebrity were going to sacrifice live animals every night in Eden to satisfy the bloodlust of the Satanists they are now marketing to. I guess this post will soon be removed to protect Celebrity from bad publicity but I just had to let the world know.

When you're finished with the Christian-bashing, you might go back and pick up on the very valid point that CruisingUS made. Mis-using a trendy idiom just makes you look like an old fogey. So the [older than millennial] Celebrity suits are trying to woo the Millennials -- and ending up looking like their parents. And who wants to go on a cruise with their parents???