AIBP changes survey

antsp

Simple question.

With the new price increase and new rules with the AIBP package, will you still purchase it

Yes or No.

Will consider prior to departure! We socially drink usually at lunch, b4 dinner, a glass if wine at dinner and then maybe a nightcap? With the option of water included it may be worth our expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My plans for my next cruise were to give it a whirl even though it is unlikely I would come out ahead. Was willing to relocate the cost from other activities just to judge the convenience--and whether if without the worry of an undetermined future bill to pay my consumption would increase enough to try it again in the future.

So does the increased $10/day give pause to the above plan? Likely so.

nope. i do like drinking, but i don't drink near enough on any 1 day to make it work, especially after factoring in port days. if it was included i would use it.

if they did a better non alcoholic drink package, like the one i had a few years ago on celebrity, i would be interested. i'm more likely to drink my weight in coffee and pelligrino than i am alcohol.

i have 2 coffee cards for my upcoming trip and that should work out just fine.

Nope. Way too rich for our blood. We are fortunate to be able to cruise. Spending that kind of cash every day for drinks is not in the budget. We love it as a perk but otherwise will simply purchase drinks as we go.

We wish Princess would let us book a cruise with or without beverage packages promotions.

Beverage packages are a sucker's bet. Just like buying an extended warranty on a new car. The dealer knows the expected cost of the items on the warranty and prices the cost of the warranty well above that. You're betting your car is a bigger lemon than most cars. The AIBP is insurance that your drinks won't cost more than the price of the AIBP. Who can really drink that much?

We have our next 2 cruises on sip and sail promos but have bought in the past and probably will continue - it is not really hard to have 8-10 drinks in a day while on vacation. Plus the water and coffee is a nice addition. My biggest gripe is the reduction in the discount for bottles of wine from 40% to 25% - the by the glass list is not the best in the world. Plus if you are concerned about hitting the limit a bottle of wine does not count towards your 15 drinks

We buy the package for my husband as the only sip and sale promotion here in Australia and New Zealand is for softdrinks. I wont go into that as it is so unfair.

We buy the package for my husband so that we can relax on our holiday and not count costs... no bill at the end.

The package has increased to about $30 a day... and then limited... I can understand it being limited but not the huge increase.

We wont be buying and we will look at other cruise lines. We are elite so it is disappointing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depends on the itinerary, port days versus sea days and whether cruising in warm climes or colder areas. We prefer longer cruises with more sea days than port days as a priority for us. So we always try to figure whether it's worth purchasing a Beverage Package (cruising HAL primarily). We've gone both ways, i.e. individual beverage charge versus the package pricing.

Its fairly easy for those on vacation on a sea day to have 2-3 specialty coffees in the morning, perhaps a Bloody Mary around the pool, 2-3 beers, umbrella drinks or soda pops in the afternoon around the pool, a couple of pre-dinner cocktails, a couple of glasses of wine with diner and an after diner drink plus bottled water for room use & port visits and not be considered a 'lush'.:D

I assure you that the marketing promotions, whether it be the Princess S&S or the similar inclusive HAL Beverage Package, that one is paying for the promotion with pricing differentials, i.e. initial booking cost versus cost after the promotion expires.

Utilizing the Beverage Calculator would give you a better 'feel' to see if it would be worth it or not.

Like everything else, it all depends on your habits and circumstances. There is no right or wrong in this regard.

Be well.

Bob:)

We purchased it on our last TA and loved the convenience. We have it on our spring TA with sip and sail. With the increase in price we would think a little longer about whether to purchase. Even with coffee and water we probably don't drink 15 a day but it is very convenient like for getting a second glass of wine with dinner and no transaction.

No. Will not be purchasing at the new rate. I'll probably go back to all inclusive land vacations, unless I find a decent cruise rate under a sip and sail promo.

The beauty of a land AI, or a cruise with an AIBP is the comfort of knowing what the bill is going to be at the end of the vacation. Now with the new Premium beverage package, even though the end bar bill is probably known (and it's now more than I'm willing to pay), there is now that thought in the back of ones mind as to how close one is to the new daily limit. I'm on vacation to relax, not fret over things!