On Board Account

Greeneyes58

I am new to NCL. I just finished my on line check in & noticed that there was no question on how you would pay your on board account. On Royal Caribbean, they ask for a credit card as one of the check in steps. I was wondering if NCL charges the card you used for the cruise payment or if we need to stop at guest services to get the accou t set up. Thank you.

I am new to NCL. I just finished my on line check in & noticed that there was no question on how you would pay your on board account. On Royal Caribbean, they ask for a credit card as one of the check in steps. I was wondering if NCL charges the card you used for the cruise payment or if we need to stop at guest services to get the accou t set up. Thank you.

You will provide the information at check in. If you elect to use cash you will then have to visit the guest services desk on the ship. If you use a CC you will set it all up shore side.

At check-in, you would provide them the credit card you wanted to use. Do not use a debit credit card.

The night before the last day of the cruise, they would printed out the report of all the charge on your acct. If you are cruising on a new ship, this information can also be accessed through the TV. I do not know about older cruise ships if this can work. Make sure to review everything and if something is not correct, you would go to the guest services desk to correct the issue. If everything is correct, those charges would be put on your credit card. You also have the option to pay in cash if you wanted to (all or part of it).

I have a question about settling your on board account on a 14 day cruise. Do they settle your account at the end of the 14 days or do they do two charges at 7 days and 14 days?

Is it back to back cruises? or one 14 day cruise? That probably makes a difference for the answer.

At check-in, you would provide them the credit card you wanted to use. Do not use a debit credit card.

The night before the last day of the cruise, they would printed out the report of all the charge on your acct. If you are cruising on a new ship, this information can also be accessed through the TV. I do not know about older cruise ships if this can work. Make sure to review everything and if something is not correct, you would go to the guest services desk to correct the issue. If everything is correct, those charges would be put on your credit card. You also have the option to pay in cash if you wanted to (all or part of it).

We also do not wait until the end of cruise. I drop by Customer service desk 3-4 days in and ask for an Account Summary. I can then see if charges are what I expect or if there is an issue, resolve it right then. Did not know corkage fee for wine is reported as something like, Indigo restaurant charge of $15. Quickly got the right answer.

Line for CS desk is quite long on last day.

I have a question about settling your on board account on a 14 day cruise. Do they settle your account at the end of the 14 days or do they do two charges at 7 days and 14 days?

A 14 day cruise gets one settlement at end of cruise.

If it is two 7-day cruises b2b it will depend on whether it was booked as two cruises or as one.

The 14 day thing could vary as indicated. You will find out onboard if they give you a final bill at the end of 7 days.

As to checking during the cruise. Always a good idea to do that. You do NOT want to be standing in line on the last morning.

We ALWAYS do a credit card and they just take care of things for you.