Non-Haven Suite Final Payment Deadlines

JerseyMom

Last week I changed the reservations I have for February on the Gem for a 2-bedroom family suite (non-Haven). I was able to save about $600 plus I received an additional $100 OBC and will receive an extra Latitudes point per night for the cruise (this will push me over from Gold to Platinum). I kept exactly the same cabin but my final payment date also changed from 120 days out (October 6) to 90 days out (November 5). I looked on the NCL website and it indicates final payment from Haven and Garden Villa is due 120 days out and all others, 90 days out. Is this a new policy to exclude non-Haven suites from the 120 day deadline or did they make a mistake with my first deadline:confused:?

It is still a Suite, but not a Haven Suite.

Why final payment deadlines are different really does not make sense.

Exactly. I just made the change in order to take advantage of lower rates. I am in exactly the same suite as before. Didn't make sense to me either.

Do a mock booking for the same category suite on NCL.com to see what the final payment date is. Our final payment for a 2 bedroom suite on the Jade (SC) was due 120 days out so I would make sure your TA didn't make a mistake when they re-fared your suite.

I just did this myself and the final payment date is Nov 5 for the Feb 3 Gem cruise in a SC 2 bedroom suite. So they screwed it up the first time. And my TA screwed ours up also because we paid 120 days out.

Edited by peg013

Do a mock booking for the same category suite on NCL.com to see what the final payment date is. Our final payment for a 2 bedroom suite on the Jade (SC) was due 120 days out so I would make sure your TA didn't make a mistake when they re-fared your suite.

I just did this myself and the final payment date is Nov 5 for the Feb 3 Gem cruise in a SC 2 bedroom suite. So they screwed it up the first time. And my TA screwed ours up also because we paid 120 days out.

Thanks! I did exactly that and I also got a final payment date of Nov. 5. I think they did screw up the first time. I think the Jewel class ships must be confusing since they have both Haven as well as non-Haven suites.

Yes, it is 120 days. Haven or non-haven (real) suites are at 120.

Not according to the NCL website. As I stated above when I checked on an SC category suite for their cruise date the final payment date according to NCL is 90 days before sailing NOT 120 days before sailing. The Final Payment date for a Feb 3, 2018 cruise is Nov 5, 2017 - 90 days before sailing.

Not according to the NCL website. As I stated above when I checked on an SC category suite for their cruise date the final payment date according to NCL is 90 days before sailing NOT 120 days before sailing. The Final Payment date for a Feb 3, 2018 cruise is Nov 5, 2017 - 90 days before sailing.

Also, according to the MYNCL page, my final payment date is November 5.