MDR dress code for a teenager

Nina132

In my opinion cocktail or evening dress on a teen looks silly ( and not a good silly, like they older then they are). Same for black slacks. And everyone seen current teens sundresses and skirts , I don't think it will be appropriate ether. I was thinking of dressy/sparkly tunic and leggings.

In my opinion cocktail or evening dress on a teen looks silly ( and not a good silly, like they older then they are). Same for black slacks. And everyone seen current teens sundresses and skirts , I don't think it will be appropriate ether. I was thinking of dressy/sparkly tunic and leggings.

Celebrity no longer requests formal wear or even cocktail dress.

Please check the Celebrity web site for more information. A sparkly tunic and leggins would be lovely for your daughter.

On one of our recent Celebrity Sailings, there was large group of teens that paraded into the Main Dining Room one night wearing cut-offs, short shorts, crop tops and the like. There outfits were appropriate for a day at the beach not fine dining. I don't know if they were asked to leave, if they were just looking for their parents to ask them something, or what, but as quickly as the group paraded in, they paraded out.

I think that teens should be especially mindful of the dress code, which is now very relaxed on Celebrity and make sure that they appropriately dressed. On Evening Chic nights you will still see some girls in long prom gowns and other in trendy outfits. For girls who have prom or homecoming dresses (short or long) it is nice chance to wear them again, but if you don't have one, it is not big deal anymore to wear something that simply meets the evening chic requirements.

Hello,

What are teens expected to wear to MDR?

Thanks.

They can wear just about everything, but shorts and t's. Jeans or slacks and polo shirts for young men and jeans or slacks and blouse or sundress/dress/skirt for young women. Since there is no formal nights anymore, no need to bring jackets for young men or formal/cocktail for young ladies.

No shorts. That's about the only rule for evening dining. They can wear them during the morning/day in the mdr.

Pants, jeans, leggings, sun dresses, skirts, polo shirts, sport shirts.......All is fine.

Yup...just neat, nice and happy. Most on X look great!

Only ones out of place on our last cruise were 3 female late teens or young twenties,,.in satin hot pants ( extreme short shorts), abbreviated tops, and very hi heels..good designer shoes no less! Sort of a street walker look ....

They could not dine in MDR or any place but the buffet....too bad, they were so thin they looked like they could use a nice meal!