castles outside Copenhagen

chives

We will be taking a cruise in July that begins and ends in Copenhagen. We have been to Copenhagen previously and did the HOHO bus and Tivoli. This time, we would like to see the castles that are outside the city, Kronborg Castle and Frederiksborg Castle. We are staying one night before and one night after the cruise. Before the cruise, we plan to see the City sights again. However, we get back from the cruise to Copenhagen at 7:00 am. I believe that once we disembark and drop our luggage at the hotel, we could be ready to go around 10:00. If we left Copenhagen around 10:00 am., is that enough time to see and experience both castles? Is public transportation an easy and straightforward option for visiting both castles or would you suggest lining up a private tour? If private tour, please let me know who you would suggest?

Any assistance is appreciated.

We will be taking a cruise in July that begins and ends in Copenhagen. We have been to Copenhagen previously and did the HOHO bus and Tivoli. This time, we would like to see the castles that are outside the city, Kronborg Castle and Frederiksborg Castle. We are staying one night before and one night after the cruise. Before the cruise, we plan to see the City sights again. However, we get back from the cruise to Copenhagen at 7:00 am. I believe that once we disembark and drop our luggage at the hotel, we could be ready to go around 10:00. If we left Copenhagen around 10:00 am., is that enough time to see and experience both castles? Is public transportation an easy and straightforward option for visiting both castles or would you suggest lining up a private tour? If private tour, please let me know who you would suggest?

Any assistance is appreciated.

ANSWERS: Yes, Yes and I don't know. We took the Train from Central Sta. directly to Fredricksborg Slot(getting off at Hillerod Station, a major Train Station) Later, we continued Northeast by Train once again to Kronborg (getting off at Helsingor Sta.) Very short easy stroll to each Castle from respective Stations, and safe neighborhoods. Spend more time at Fredricksborg...less at Kronborg. Train was #930, I believe. GOOGLE Maps has it all. Locomotiveman Tom

Should not be a problem visiting both castles. There is public transportation both to Helsingør for Kronberg castle and Hillerød for Frederiksborg castle- and train between Hillerød and Helsingør.

An additional castle to consider is Fredensborg - not so much for the history but for the gardens - no access to the castle as for Kronberg and Frederiksborg castles. Also in Copenhagen you can visit Rosenborg and Christianborg castles.

I'll be happy to assist with assistance for the detailed planning regarding transportation - my email in footer.

Both womderful castles! We did them easily in the same trip. We purchased food for a picnic and rented a car. Very easy to drive in Denmark... Roads are great . One of my favorite days ever, so beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you recommend the Copenhagen card? Would it be worth it for visiting these castles?

I have not made an exact calculation, but all three castles are covered as well as transport and others like a canal tour.

Prices are:

24 hours card 359,00 DKK

48 hours card 499,00 DKK

72 hours card 589,00 DKK

you can find more information here: http://www.copenhagencard.com/

• 2 weeks later...