Mr. Sanchos VS. Paradise Beach??

1cruisingal

I'll be in Cozumel in a few weeks and trying to decide which is a better option? I've been to Paradise beach twice before and it was pretty good but I've recently read good reviews about Mr. Sancho's. I've never been there before and was wondering if anyone has been to both? If so, what do you think? How does the beach, pool area, food, service, shade/seating area differ between these two places and which is better? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Very similar except that at Mr. S you need to decide all-inclusive or pay-as-you-go; they keep the two sides apart so that AI customers do not share drinks with PAYG customers.

Water toys are very similar. Facilities and HUGE pool at Paradise are better IMHO, although I have heard recently that there is a new pool on the AI side of Mr. S - have not seen any pictures. :confused:

No admission fee for the PAYG side of Mr. S - just pay for what you order.

I can only say that I have been to Mr Sanchos and we did the AI while there (but did adventure over to the PAYG side for awhile as well). I have a complete review of it listed in my signature line and you can see tons of pictures from both sides and the differences between the two. The only difference that I'm aware of now is that they have added yet another pool/swim up bar over on the AI side (so that would mean they now have 2 pools on that side). :)

This past week we were going over to Paradise Island, but while on the taxi ride over we decided on Mr. Sancho's and the $55 All Inclusive package.

We had a GREAT time. The beach loungers were very nice and the swim up bar was awesome. There are also tables and stools inside the pool. The restrooms were clean and the service we received from our beachside attendant, Salvador, was exceptional.

We discovered that the best drinks were made by "Jersey" at the pool bar.

You can order off the menu or go to the buffet. We did both and found that the food was actually very good.

We will not hesitate to return.

Does anyone know if the chairs and tables usually get filled up on the Paygo side at Mr. Sanchos? We're looking into that option instead of the AI but wasn't sure if they fill up quickly or not? Anyone been there and not get chairs/tables b/c it was too crowded?

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the chairs and tables usually get filled up on the Paygo side at Mr. Sanchos? We're looking into that option instead of the AI but wasn't sure if they fill up quickly or not? Anyone been there and not get chairs/tables b/c it was too crowded?

We're looking for the same info. Will be docking fri aug 7th at 10:00 am with two ships in port. Just want beach and pool access with chairs & umbrellas on paygo side. We are family with 4 adults & 3 children.

• 2 weeks later...
We're looking for the same info. Will be docking fri aug 7th at 10:00 am with two ships in port. Just want beach and pool access with chairs & umbrellas on paygo side. We are family with 4 adults & 3 children.

Either the non-AI side of Mr. Sanchos or Paradise Beach sounds like a good match for your family. If your kids are younger check out Playa Mia with a great kiddie water park.

I was wondering what happens if my husband wants the AI but I don't drink alcohol ? How does that work?

Mr. Sanchos keeps AI and non-AI sides separated in order to keep unscrupulous AI customers from sharing their free drinks with non-AI customers - something I am sure no one from these boards would do. :cool:

Either bite the bullet an buy AI for both - sodas, bottled water and "virgin" frozen drinks plus food can add up. Or tell your husband to run a tab on the non-AI side and try to control his desires. :rolleyes:

Either bite the bullet an buy AI for both - sodas, bottled water and "virgin" frozen drinks plus food can add up.

Can they make any of their drinks "virgin"? Or are they all pre-mixed?

I'm very concerned there is only a single non-alcoholic frozen drink on the menu. I'm a big fan of smoothies, and there is not one in site...

The rest of my group really wants to go to Mr. Sanchos though.

Can they make any of their drinks "virgin"? Or are they all pre-mixed?

I'm very concerned there is only a single non-alcoholic frozen drink on the menu. I'm a big fan of smoothies, and there is not one in site...

The rest of my group really wants to go to Mr. Sanchos though.

Yes, they can make the drinks virgin drinks. They did that for my daughter (who was like 5 at the time) when we were there.

• 1 month later...

We have done both Paradise and Sanchos. Last year Mr. Sanchos was fantastic! Our waiter was awesome and accomodated any request that we had. We arrived early and got a table with a covered lounge behind it as well - great for relaxing out of the sun! Food was great too! Lots of drinks to choose and we ordered several "virgin" drinks for our son as well. Worth every $! We will be going back there for sure!

We always did Passion Island. But I see they seems to be good reviews about Mr Sancho's On the website the lounge chairs look like they are lined up in a straight row in the sun. Can you comment on this? Can you get a comfortable lounge chair in the shade. Is another person right along side of you like in the pictures?

• 2 months later...

We are trying to decide between them and wonder if anyone kept a running total, if they paid AI, how much it would have been if they had done pay as you go at Mr. Sancho's. It will be Mom, Dad and 17 and 11 DS. We have big dinner plans (steakhouse) that night.

If the AI is really a cost benefit, the we would go that route, but otherwise, I think we could go with Paradise Beach as it looks nice.

Advice?

We are trying to decide between them and wonder if anyone kept a running total, if they paid AI, how much it would have been if they had done pay as you go at Mr. Sancho's. It will be Mom, Dad and 17 and 11 DS. We have big dinner plans (steakhouse) that night.

If the AI is really a cost benefit, the we would go that route, but otherwise, I think we could go with Paradise Beach as it looks nice.

Advice?

It really depends on how much you drink. We did Paradise Beach (2 couples) -- 2 margaritas, a bucket of beer, 2 plates of nachos and our $3 per person and we spent around $60 total. The taxi fare is a wash, since it is about the same to both locations.

We have this exact same dilemma! Trying to decide between Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos. We are a family of 4 adults (2 grown children, ages 24, and 21, so both can partake in alcohol, but really aren't big drinkers), and 3 littles- ages 12, 10, and 8. I think some of the kids would like to parasail, which is why we initially were looking at Mr. Sanchos. We did Chankanaab in February, so I want to go somewhere different this time. It looks like both Paradise and Mr. Sanchos both have good reviews, so I guess we really can't go wrong with either choice. We are going in December. Any other reviews for me to help me decide??

You could look at the non-AI side of Mr. Sanchos and still have access to the water toys, parasail, etc. If you are there for more than a few hours the cost for drinks and food - even if you are not a big drinker - can make the AI side worth while.