Trading your complimentary champagne

blambition

No unfortunately that isn't possible anymore. I don't understand why they changed this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It was possible last summer on our cruise. Maybe it has changed since then.

The exchange of the concierge level champagne for wine stopped a couple of years ago.

We were in a PH. Maybe the rules are different. If they have change since last summer we will just have to drink it. Should not be a problem.

This past November we were in an OS and we asked the butler to exchange it for a bottle of white wine. No problem. I do not remember which white it was, but it was nice.

Sounds about right. I guess when we have a butler he can do things for you That's why we tip extra at the end of our cruise.

I guess when we have a butler he can do things for you
Whenever people tell me that they see no use in having a Butler, I always point out that having one is like having a personal Oceania Consultant in the cabin with you.

The Butlers know who to talk to and how to get things done, because their sole responsibility is to improve "their passengers" Cruise, we assign them a task and leave them to it. Avoid micromanaging.

As an example:

DON'T SAY, "I'd like you to take this bottle of champagne down to the kitchen and exchange it for the house white".

DO SAY: "I'd like you to exchange this bottle for a white wine"

Thank you so much for your responses!

We were just on the Marina in February, and another couple who were sailing in a PH cabin gifted us their bottle of champagne as they did not drink it. I would normally enjoy Champagne, found it extremely sweet and not for my particular tastebuds. Depending on whether we upgrade our cabin tomorrow from CC to PH I guess I will take our bottle to dinner and have our friends share it and hopefully they will enjoy.

I am hoping that I will have a butler, on this trip, and now I could have something for him to do! I'm actually hoping that I get a larger cabin!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by blambition

Personally, I am always in an OS and I simply tell them to offer it to someone else. We don't drink champagne. It disappears. Yes, having a Butler is wonderful and my life is full and happy with Pritam, but we don't abuse him or the system.

We were in an A1 just a few weeks ago. Asked stateroom attendant about exchanging the champagne. Her reply? A simple "White or red?" And it was swapped out when we returned to our stateroom that evening.

The bubbly they supply is an extra dry not a Brut. Now, if they were to supply a Brut, some would bitch that "It's to Dry"! :eek: Heavens forbid is they gave everyone a Blanc de Blanc! The problem with any "one size fits all " promotion token, you'll always find someone that is unhappy.

Speak nicely with your cabin steward, or just gift it to someone that may enjoy it. It's about a $15 retail bottle of bubbly, in the outside world, so not drinking it yourselves is not a financial disaster!

Lyn;

Thanks for the photo! We got an extra dry last time. Of course, not all Bruts are as dry as others, but if a brut tastes to "sweet " for some then it's back to the thread about the problem with reviews.

I prefer Perrier but this one was fine

I like dry wines as well

The picture shown is the bottle that we had. I am going to guess that is what we will have in our cabin when we arrive on the Regatta. We were not able to upgrade to a penthouse, so I may just be sharing this with friends. I am sure someone will enjoy it. I can always go purchase a martini LOL as long as I'm on the cruise, water is fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in an A1 just a few weeks ago. Asked stateroom attendant about exchanging the champagne. Her reply? A simple "White or red?" And it was swapped out when we returned to our stateroom that evening.

Same thing in January on the Regatta but last year on the Nautica, also in an A1, I was refused. It must be ship's policy. I asked to switch it out since If not changed I'd have to abandon it like I did last year.

Don't expect a great wine but I ain't no conasewer.