$2,000 to upgrade to Owner's Suite?

st.zoomer

We are sailing on the Regatta in a few weeks for a ten day cruise and are currently in a Penthouse 3 suite. About a month ago I was given an offer to upgrade to an Owner's Suite for $3,000, per person, but I declined. I then decided recently to make a counter offer of $1,000, per person, but Oceania said they would only let it go for $2,000 per person. We are paying around $3,500 per person for the PH3 and the initial "promotional fare" for the OS was $9,400 per person.

If you are still with me, LOL, PH3 $3,500 + upgrade of $2,000 = $5,500; original "promotional fare" OS = $9,400.

This would be about a 40% discount off the original OS price so I'm curious from those who have been in an Owner's suite, especially on the Regatta, if $2,000 per person upgrade price would be considered: exceptional, good, average, nothing great...

Thanks...

As a public service to anyone who reads this thread, please allow me to point out that these move up offers are EXTREMELY ephemeral and are not the type of option which it is safe to wait on while you debate the merits, either privately or on Cruise Critic.

There is always somebody next in the pipeline, don't count on the room being vacant forever.

Is it worth $2000 to you for 3 x the space in the cabin

plus the extra perks that go with the OS

it is something only you can decide

You are obviously interested enough to make a counter offer

BUT apparently everybody "waited" long enough for the cruise line to come DOWN on the price.
LOL,it's like any form of negotiation. Those who don't have a stake in winning the prize, either through apathy or being unaware, have an automatic advantage.

Easy to see from out here, but tough as heck when that Owners Suite is on your cruise. ;)

Oceania_rClass_OwnersSte_980pix.jpg

We took this upsell from a PH on Regatta in 2005 ... a while back! Then it cost $1K pp and I jumped at it because I'd always wanted to travel in this suite, even if only once. I know no longer remember what our base fare for the PH was so long ago ...

But in your shoes I think I'd go for it with the amounts you specified.

But as has been said ... it could be too late.

Mura

Is it worth $2000 to you for 3 x the space in the cabin

plus the extra perks that go with the OS

it is something only you can decide

You are obviously interested enough to make a counter offer

For the extra $2,000 pp you get some awesome embroidered bath towels (or you can wait and buy them on eBay).

As others have said, take it without any doubts and enjoy this fabulous suite.

But be careful, this should come with a health warning - for your wallet! ;p We once took a fabulous upsell from a PH to a Vista Suite - on a 7 night cruise - next cruise we booked, the words "Vista Suite" were honestly never uttered from my lips, as DH emptied out his piggy bank! :D (He's like all good husbands , well versed in the silent expectations of his DW! :halo: )

OK...this is the weirdest thing I could imagine happening!!! We are leaving in about 3 hours to fly to Lima to board Regatta tomorrow. We are, sorry, were, booked in a PH3. I was reading this thread to my wife when the phone rang. Our TA was calling to say she had an upsell offer to an Owner's Suite for $1,000 per person, and were we interested.

Talk about getting goose bumps!!!!!

At first I thought my wife was making a joke and the TA was just wishing us a good trip.

Nope, it was legit. The notice had come to the TA at 1:30 in the morning. She said this was the third notice on this cabin and it had gone from $2,000 to $1,500, and now to $1,000 with no takers.

Well, we took it.

Like I said ---weird and goosebump producing.

OK...this is the weirdest thing I could imagine happening!!! We are leaving in about 3 hours to fly to Lima to board Regatta tomorrow. We are, sorry, were, booked in a PH3. I was reading this thread to my wife when the phone rang. Our TA was calling to say she had an upsell offer to an Owner's Suite for $1,000 per person, and were we interested.

At first I thought my wife was making a joke and the TA was just wishing us a good trip.

Nope, it was legit. The notice had come to the TA at 1:30 in the morning. She said this was the third notice on this cabin and it had gone from $2,000 to $1,500, and now to $1,000 with no takers.

Well, we took it.

Good for you!! Have a wonderful cruise!!

Well, we finally decided to make the upgrade! I talked to our TA this morning and she said we would get an additional $275 amenity from the agency if we booked the upgrade so that made it a little easier to decide. The suite was probably going to be gone fairly soon since there were only two still available this morning and by the time I called the TA there was only one remaining.

Thanks for all the information and suggestions--it helped make the decision easier.

Well, we took it.

Hello golfguy, great to read you here! Yes, this is definitely goosebump material. I am St.Zoomer's wife and ecstatic about his decision to make the offer. We also had a PH3, #8001. Seems we all share the same thoughts about upgrading to an OS. With that said, I wonder if the coincidence will extend to having the same OS since there are only 6 of them on Regatta. Are you willing to share which deck you're on?

Enjoy that cruise out of Lima!

As others have said, take it without any doubts and enjoy this fabulous suite.

But be careful, this should come with a health warning - for your wallet! ;p We once took a fabulous upsell from a PH to a Vista Suite - on a 7 night cruise - next cruise we booked, the words "Vista Suite" were honestly never uttered from my lips, as DH emptied out his piggy bank! :D (He's like all good husbands , well versed in the silent expectations of his DW! :halo: )

Hello fairbourne, you are absolutely correct about the "health warning" - for the wallet, LOL! We have slowly graduated from the older ships' oceanviews to balconies, to suites, and now, for the first time ever, to an OS.

Congrats. From this budget conscience mom. I wouldn't have done it as that was like the price of a second cruise. But my parents would have done it as they prefer only the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You get a lot more and I would jump on it. We love the Owner Suites on both the R and O ships.

We would love to try an Owners Suite but have never been offered a deal. Best we have done was a Vista Suite for 24 days and we loved it. Maybe one day we will get a chance at an Owners.