Queen Mary 2 - Balcony cabin selection

Busy Mum

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if any of you wonderful CCers can give me your thoughts on a good Balcony Cabin type on the QM2. If you have a favourite cabin please let me know the number of it and I will check it out on their website. We prefer mid ship, if at all possible.

Any recommendations, suggestions and your thoughts on the QM2 would be really appreciated.:D

Really curious to also know the QM2's bathroom set-up on the balcony cabins - I'm guessing it's a bath over the shower, but I'm not 100% certain of that either!

Just looking ahead to 2012 and need to get some ideas. Thanks heaps.;)

Vicki.:)

• 2 years later...

When selecting a cabin on Queen Mary 2 avoid:

· Deck twelve port side forward as it is under the basket ball court and there is a big metal door to the bridge that the crew keep slamming.

· Being near any launderette (slamming doors again).

· Near to any banks of lifts as you can sometimes hear the “bing bongs – this is deck XXX” from the talking lifts.

· Deck six is underneath the promenade desk (deck chairs being dragged along the deck)

· Near the Royal Court theatre (especially if you like a snooze in the afternoon as they do rehearsing).

Have said all of the above the cabins on QM2 are very good and far better sound proofing than on many other ships.

Most of the cabin bathrooms are compact with a fixed head shower in a cubicle with a curtain.

111227046_NewPicture(1).jpg.49dd421790e5f476a91381843387bef8.jpg

You only get a bath with a shower head over the bath in the Princess and Queens Grill cabins.

I think that Queens Grill suites have a separate shower cubicle.

1964876941_NewPicture.jpg.234244199dadeeb0d01276284c912817.jpg

Deck 12 balcony cabin.

307104145_NewPicture(2).jpg.e09893b3906d0e1f7f342fc2d7ee66eb.jpg

Have a great voyage.

If you want any other pictures from around the ship send me an e-mail to info@welovecruiseships.com

Archived