Celebration Ideas for large group Wedding Anniversary

JoeFan

Our In-laws are taking our family on a group cruise on Anthem Of The Seas this coming summer to celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversary. We are 15 all together. I have only taken one Carnival cruise last year.

I am looking for something special I can plan for our group to celebrate.

Thank you

I thought of that. (Renew Vows) They don't seem like those kind of people. I will ask my wife.

I saw I can order a cake. Maybe combine that with a specialty restaurant.

Do you think they could seat 15 of us together?

I am peaking through some threads now.

It seems the cruise line doesn't do anything special and I am not expecting them to.

I am ok with additional expense to do something special.

We are also going to Bermuda where they honeymooned so maybe something there. But I know squat about Bermuda.

I thought of that. (Renew Vows) They don't seem like those kind of people. I will ask my wife.

I saw I can order a cake. Maybe combine that with a specialty restaurant.

Do you think they could seat 15 of us together?

I'm not sure about seating 15 people together at a specialty restaurant. However, since you are planning to sail on Anthem, I suggest you post this discussion on the Royal Caribbean forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

There will be many more folks reading that forum with experience on Anthem.

I am peaking through some threads now.

It seems the cruise line doesn't do anything special and I am not expecting them to.

I am ok with additional expense to do something special.

We are also going to Bermuda where they honeymooned so maybe something there. But I know squat about Bermuda.

JoeFan, you may want to check out the Bermuda Ports of Call forum, for discussion/ideas on excursions and things to do that would interest your family: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196. Also, you could surprise your in-laws and order stateroom decorations from Gifts & Gear. I believe that a sheet cake can be ordered, perhaps someone can provide some info.

I'm not sure about seating 15 people together at a specialty restaurant. However, since you are planning to sail on Anthem, I suggest you post this discussion on the Royal Caribbean forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

There will be many more folks reading that forum with experience on Anthem.

Bob;

Does RCI have a "Group Services Coordinator" onboard? NCL had these, and they would handle requests from groups as small or smaller than this, to get special seating or special menus in venues that could handle the group, and use of lounges or rooms outside of normal hours.

We did a vow renewal for our 50th on board the Celebrity Summit. It was perfect. There were only 7 of us, but the room could handle 20-30 easily. The entire package includes cake, flowers, champagne and the ceremony with the Captain officiating. Royal also does these celebrations.

The package is available to purchase before your cruise, but the details are handles by the Event Coordinator onboard.

There is a lot of information on the weddings board. Vow renewals are very similar. Be aware, if you choose to do something on an island, the ship may not be able to dock for some reason

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

You could meet with the maitre'd in the main dining room at the start of the cruise and try to arrange a special dinner on a particular night. I am sure that you could order a cake for that night and buy a flower corsage and boutinnere for the couple. Perhaps another nice thing would be to do a formal night picture with all of the family and then order the anniversary couple a copy of that picture in canvas or as a fracture (on acrylic), or maybe just a photo of the couple together. I have also seen marriage proposals happen before a big show in the theatre before, which the cruise director was in on. Maybe some special announcement can be done in the theatre for the couple.?