Deck 2 Ocean View

JNicho4920

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question about an Ocean View cabin on the Carnival Conquest. I have always gotten a balcony so I have no idea about this type of cabin. My daughter-in-law and family are going on their first cruise and want to book an Ocean view on Deck 2. She is wondering how close to the waterline and if you the view is a nice one of the water. I'm trying to talk her in a balcony for her and hubby and an inside for the older kids. Can someone tell me about this type of cabin...Thank you for your help !! :confused:

I think you had best ask this on the Carnival board. I have had OV cabins, but not on Carnival. My OV on HAL Oosterdam was still a couple of decks above the water. Perhaps they are thinking that they can sit by the window and watch the water? that isn't going to happen, because the window is not that low and has a deep sill/ledge. Have them google 'Carnival Conquest OV cabin' and look at pictures. EM

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question about an Ocean View cabin on the Carnival Conquest. I have always gotten a balcony so I have no idea about this type of cabin. My daughter-in-law and family are going on their first cruise and want to book an Ocean view on Deck 2. She is wondering how close to the waterline and if you the view is a nice one of the water. I'm trying to talk her in a balcony for her and hubby and an inside for the older kids. Can someone tell me about this type of cabin...Thank you for your help !! :confused:

You might also want to post in the Carnival forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

The cruise line forums are usually best to post these kinds of ship specific questions.

We have sailed Carnival many times on the Conquest class ships with a deck 2 O.V. The water level is about 15-20 feet below your window. I have stood many times looking out at the wates motion. In the morning I would wake up and my wife with a cup of coffee would be looking out. The window is large and the morning light will shine right in. At night all you can see is the ship cutting through the waves, its dark out there. These cabins are our favorite, over balconys. The drawback is you have to take the elevator to every deck. The good is you just walk down one flight of stairs to get off at ports. Our last cruise we tried a Panorama inside, deck 10 on the Glory. While it was nice the cabin seemed a little crowded and we missed the light from the O.V. The part we did like was the one flight of stairs to the lido deck and the outside forward viewing area (deck 10). The port views were great.

We had 2470, under the aft MDR. Never heard a sound. . Be careful of what's above, some of deck three is a galley.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The one and only time we've had an OV was on a Carnival ship. As far as nearness to the water level I was fine. But my poor DH is very sensitive to motion and couldn't look out of the window. Only time I could open the curtains was when we were docked in port. :p Balconies are higher and he doesn't have any problems in them.

Just something to think if you have motion concerns.

We have always booked oceanview rooms , except last year, we did a balcony. Ocean View on deck 1 and 2 give great views! The only problem is that you are ground level when docked at the port so I suggest keeping your blinds closed because people walking by can look into your room.

Otherwise, it is a perfect place to stay. We actually prefer 1st floor - mid-ship to any other floor or section in the ship. Also, as odd as it sounds we actually enjoyed staying near the elevator and it was very convenient when we stayed at the back of the ship because it was straight up to the kids club - and closer to the bottom of the ship when disembarking at the ports.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a TA on RCCL in an oceanview deck 2 and loved it. It felt like I was close to the water, though on a couple of rough days the waves did occasionally hit the glass!! I took a couple of videos and when I showed friends they turned green!! I did a cabin crawl with CC members and a lot of suite passengers commented they liked my cabin best out of all the types of cabins we toured!!