I want proof that my room is booked on Royal Caribbean through travel agent.

Shawninrye

Hi.

I booked a particular cabin through a travel agent

I was asked by my girl friend to share a cabin. There is a small groups of girls going and they have used this travel agent before so I went along blindly.

It has been very poor service from the start with this agent.

So a week after booking I had nothing from travel agent as far as receipt of amount paid. Made a request and she emailed me a typed "in house" receipt.

Not even a logo.

Called Royal Caribbean and they said I should have paper work from their company also citing on board credits dining etc.........and cabin number.

I have asked TA twice now for proof I have a cabin and nothing.

Is this normal for service in the industry?

She charged us $80.00 which was never disclosed up front. I haven't used a TA in 30 years. Didn't think to ask. That is my fault.

She also stated she would notify us if fares dropped. Um........not the case. Luckily I stumbled on the tax sale.

I guess my question is should I expect a proper receipt with Royal Caribbean logo?

Hi.

I was asked by my girl friend to share a cabin. There is a small groups of girls going and they have used this travel agent before so I went along blindly.

So a week after booking I had nothing from travel agent as far as receipt of amount paid. Made a request and she emailed me a typed "in house" receipt.

Not even a logo.

Called Royal Caribbean and they said I should have paper work from their company also citing on board credits dining etc.........and cabin number.

She charged us $80.00 which was never disclosed up front. I haven't used a TA in 30 years. Didn't think to ask. That is my fault.

She also stated she would notify us if fares dropped. Um........not the case. Luckily I stumbled on the tax sale.

I guess my question is should I expect a proper receipt with Royal Caribbean logo?

Sounds like you don't have a very good TA.

Most TAs will not charge you to make a reservation. Some may have charges if you cancel a booking you made with them. But not all.

Unfortunately, once you've made the commitment with the TA, there's not a lot you can do about it. Unless you can prove to the cruise line that your TA is really just a really terrible one (with proof of instances where they are messing up your reservation). Then the cruise line might work with you.

Other than that, you're just going to have to keep bugging the TA for the information you need.

Not sure about the receipt with "a proper RCL logo" thing. When we've booked through a TA, all we had was the receipt/confirmation from the TA.

Hi.

Not even a logo.

If you have "..not used a TA in 30 years.." you are no child.

Yes, something sounds complete unprofessional about this. You should have a booking number and written confirmation and receipt for any deposit paid.

Cancel this disaster before it becomes a more expensive disaster. Unless you're afraid "the group of girls" will be mad at you if you back out.

I would drop this TA and get your money back. You should have a confirmation email for everything including the $80 charge you didn't even know about. It's possible it was a deposit to be applied to your cruise but you need to know that! If it's a TA fee then you need to get that back and move on. I've never heard of a fee and there are plenty of TA's that don't charge.

You don't need this TA or one at all to go on this cruise with your group. Just book separately with your cabin mate. Go on RCI website to see if your cabin is available. I assume you know about the fee because of the charge on your CC? It sounds very fishy to me and not professional. I personally would act now and get out. Give a set amount of time for a refund then contact your CC company.

First, it does sound like very poor service. I would not have paid $80 up front to any TA. You should have, at a minimum, an email from the TA detailing exactly what you're getting (confirming ship and dates, cabin number, meal time choice, any perks, the amounts paid and still due, final payment due date, insurance info if chosen, etc.). Did you book a "guarantee" cabin class? If so, then you won't get a cabin number until very close to booking time.

We've then had it take up to a week to get a confirmation email with a booking number from the cruise line after booking with a TA, but it shouldn't take longer than that. If you don't yet have a booking number, you can't check anything with RCI.

If you do have a booking number, then you can go onto the RCI website and check your booking online. If you have a Crown & Anchor number, then you use it to sign onto the website and it will bring up your booked cruises. If nothing comes up, there will be a link that says "Don't see your reservation?". Click on that and enter your booking number to see if it then comes up.

Did you pay the deposit by credit card? Check your statement or on-line to make sure that the deposit went right to Royal Caribbean. If it did NOT...and is a charge to the TA's agency, that is not a good sign.

I have read horror stories of folks who believed they not only deposited but made final payments to their TA's only to find out the TA never actually paid the cruise line. An unscrupulous agency that may have cash flow issues might use your deposit to pay off someone else's cruise, hoping for more cash later on to get yours paid for.

I would avoid this TA...cut ties and book direct with RCL.

With our agent anyway, usually the initial receipt is an agency receipt, but it will have a booking # on it. You can then go to the line's web site and click on "already booked guests" or something similar and there it usually indicates cabin # or "cabin guarantee", dining preference, and if you want to book things that there is a surcharge for, you can do it on the site. If you paid via CC, your statement should have the deposit billed to the cruise line, NOT the agency. And ya....some (particularly on-line agencies) do charge their booking fee and many of them charge thier own cancellation fee, while most lines do not charge a canx fee if you canx prior to final payment being due.

The 1st time you use a TA , it is hard to know what is "normal".

I had a similar issue once , it was a catch 22 because the cruise line won't talk to you if you have an agent and if the agent is not talking....... then you don't know what is going on.

I finally found a rep with the cruise line, told her I was worried about fraud and wanted to know if they actualy had a booking in my name.

She finally communicated to me ( without saying anything) that I had nothing to worry about, and that I would be sailing with them on that date.

So my advice, keep calling RCI and try to get "anything" from them that will confirmed you are booked.

It is not easy to do, but there is a way to change the TA that has a booking. Tell RCL you want to transfer the booking. They will send you a form. Complete and return the form and it's done deal. I've done it.

But if the booking is not with RCL, they will not talk to you and tell you to speak with your TA.:confused:

I have an amazing TA and I called her. Teri's advice cancel the booking and rebook with RCCL for this cruise. Your friends should understand. Have you explained to them what has happened with the TA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since OP is sharing a cabin with a friend , that person may be the lead guest and receiving all confirmations for the booking ?

I was thinking the same thing. To the OP: have you actually talked to your friend about this? Does your friend have a booking number, and if so, can she log into the booking online and confirm that you were added to the booking?

I was thinking the same thing. To the OP: have you actually talked to your friend about this? Does your friend have a booking number, and if so, can she log into the booking online and confirm that you were added to the booking?

That doesn't make sense, that only one would get the number.

For our group we've received complete receipts, with the confirmation number when DD's been booked into a cabin with a friend (who's old enough to be her grandma). We were booked on Carnival. Does Royal do thing that differently?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

OP

Nothing sounds right here. Check your credit card to see if you have been charged that $80 fee. If you didn't use a credit card and paid by check -- check your bank and see if the check has been cashed. We have never been charged a fee for booking a cruise with our TA -- this sounds fishy.

We deal with a TA and she always sends us a copy of our booking with HAL's logo on it. It shows the confirmation number, price we are paying, cabin number, dining time, date of cruise, etc.

Since you haven't got a Royal booking number, you may not have that cabin you want anyway!

Personally, I'd try booking direct with Royal (to see if that cabin is available) if it is book it and claim all monies paid to the TA back through your cc, as it's a fraudulent transaction.

I know it's the weekend, but your loosing time if that cabin you want is still available.

That doesn't make sense, that only one would get the number.

For our group we've received complete receipts, with the confirmation number when DD's been booked into a cabin with a friend (who's old enough to be her grandma). We were booked on Carnival. Does Royal do thing that differently?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I disagree, when I book my husband and I on cruises (even ones booked through a TA), since I'm listed first on the booking, I'm the only one that gets the email confirmations. At least that is how Carnival seems to do it. And my TA just forwards me what is sent to her from Carnival.

Edited by bakersdozen12

1) Get your RCCL booking reference, see if any of the others have theirs.

2) If you obtain your booking reference, go on the RCCL website and register and you should be able to confirm your booking.

3) Check the BBB for a rating on this TA, if ratings are bad kiss your $80 good-bye.

4) Although it may not work, talk to RCCL and request the booking be transfered to them (you'll probably need your girlfriend to make the same request). I had an issue with a TA a few years ago and ultimately they stepped in when it became clear I was being screwed with.

And as someone mentioned, go on-line and try to book your cabin directly with RCCL. If you can you know there is a problem. If you can't you know it's booked, just not 100% sure it's your booking.

Sorry you are having trouble. Lots of good TA's out there.

Ok so a quick up date. Yesterday the 18th almost two weeks after booking I told TA that I must insist that she text me or email me the booking number or I was going to have to take further steps.

Within 5 minutes she sent just the number. No sorry blah blah. So I was able to confirm that I do have a reservation with the cabin I requested. I feel relieved.

It's a long story but asked to speak to owners who are husband and wife.

She stated they were out of state and couldn't call me for a week.

Anyway, wife was in office and did call me yesterday.

She listen to my story and I told her where I come from charging booking fees but rolling into the cruise cost without telling customer was illegal.

She said she would give back $80.00 but I could NOT tell the other cruisers as there are 5'rooms booked.

I could go one but I am heeding the advice of the experienced on the board.

So I am taking fire gals and many others advice and I have written a request to RCCL to allow me to "fire" my TA. I have found a new travel agent which I did my due diligence with!

I can just hope they allow it. One agent stated at RCCL that I should have enough to allow RCCL to over ride if TA won't release.

I think she wants to get rid of me as much as I want to get rid of her.

Everyone assures me the reservation will just transfer and I will keep my cabin.

In all this I discovered TA just sold the mobile home park which she solicited this cruise trip group and others in the past. So she owned the park where she picked up many of her customers. Convenient!

The group that went last year had several problems with her. But when your TA is your landlord you probably don't cause trouble. Geez what a world! :)

So I will update what happens.