Use of Princess Cruise Messenger System Onboard

Have a cruise coming up later this year on Princess and have read about their free app that can be downloaded and used by family members to message each other while onboard ship, allegedly for free while smartphone is set to Airplane Mode. Any cruiser having used this system, I welcome your feedback, pro or con. Thanks.

My friends used the app in March to keep in contact with their college-age grandaughter on their Princess cruise. They thought it was a great way to communicate aboard ship.

We are Celebrity loyalists and of course my girlfriend loves to brag about how great Princess is! "Oooh, you mean Celebrity doesn't have this app? Oooh, Celebrity doesn't have movies under the stars? Oooh, Celebrity has magicians for entertainment?"

In this case, I do think that Princess app is a great feature for those traveling with kids, grandkids, and framily!

Have a cruise coming up later this year on Princess and have read about their free app that can be downloaded and used by family members to message each other while onboard ship, allegedly for free while smartphone is set to Airplane Mode. Any cruiser having used this system, I welcome your feedback, pro or con. Thanks.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I would also ask this on the Princess forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

I've found it's best to ask these kinds of very specific questions on the cruise line forum.

By the way, once you put your phone into Airplane mode, you have have to go back to Settings and turn on WiFi.

Edited by clarea

My daughter, and I, used this app on Caribbean Princess. Somewhat helpful, did not work in some areas, but was able to locate each other. We went to the internet desk, and they assisted in setting up the fone. You need to download the app before you board, tho. Have fun.

We used this app on 2 different cruises on Regal Princess, and yes it works, its great to stay in touch while on board....recommend you download this app before you go on the cruise, since you need WIFI to download it, afterwards you are ok in Airplane mode to use it!!