Transatlantic to the Med April

bibnaj22

Hi Guys,

Thinking of booking a Caribbean transatlantic to the Med next April. This will be a first for us. I know we cannot forecast the weather but has anyone past experience of this type of cruise ? General weather conditions etc ?

Thanks

Steve. βœˆοΈπŸ›³πŸ›³πŸ›³πŸ›³πŸ•πŸŒ­πŸŸπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸŒžπŸ›³πŸ›³πŸ›³πŸ›¬πŸ‘

Depends on whether ship does southern crossing... if you go to Bermuda than ship crossing in the north... crossing in the south are often very pleasant...cooler in the north.

Β 

We have done several... some very pleasant... worse case was windy but not that bad either.

We did an northern crossing last April. Boston to Copenhagen. 15 nights. It rained every day! It was pretty cool too. We could have used heavy coats a few day in some ports. We had pretty calm seas though. Fortunately there were some fun CC activities planned since we couldn't really use any outside facilities during the crossing)However, when I was researching our trip I read about other crossings during previous years that were pool weather! So… no guarantee on weather. Go with a positive attitude for whatever it will be! We've been on 30+ cruises and this was our favorite! Have fun

You just can't predict- who would have thought that you- and I-would be suffering snow this April? :eek:

We crossed both across and back to the Caribbean this Jan and Feb, and were prepared for rough seas- winter, after all- and hardly a ripple. At the same time, a large RCI ship had severe difficulties off the US coast with a sudden storm. There's no telling...

Steve, it is hard to say what the weather will be like.

Β 

I've done this a couple of times and had different experiences.

Β 

It could be quite nice or it could be on the cooler side with some rain.

Β 

Keith

Β 

Thanks Keith,

Other half has now decided the Canaries Islands are in favour,

Cheers

Here goes

Depends on whether ship does southern crossing... if you go to Bermuda than ship crossing in the north... crossing in the south are often very pleasant...cooler in the north.

Β 

We have done several... some very pleasant... worse case was windy but not that bad either.

Β 

Β 

Thanks for taking time out to reply.

Very kind of you, we are doing the Canary Islands now so looking forward to that.

Cheeeeeers

We did an northern crossing last April. Boston to Copenhagen. 15 nights. It rained every day! It was pretty cool too. We could have used heavy coats a few day in some ports. We had pretty calm seas though. Fortunately there were some fun CC activities planned since we couldn't really use any outside facilities during the crossing)However, when I was researching our trip I read about other crossings during previous years that were pool weather! So… no guarantee on weather. Go with a positive attitude for whatever it will be! We've been on 30+ cruises and this was our favorite! Have fun

Β 

Wow sounds ace, thanks for the post. :)

You just can't predict- who would have thought that you- and I-would be suffering snow this April? :eek:

We crossed both across and back to the Caribbean this Jan and Feb, and were prepared for rough seas- winter, after all- and hardly a ripple. At the same time, a large RCI ship had severe difficulties off the US coast with a sudden storm. There's no telling...

Β 

Wow just goes to show you does it not, keep an open mind and crack that's what I say. Cheers guys.:)

Two really different expectations - from the Caribbean to the Mediterranean is likely to be a lot warmer in April than, say, Florida to Northern Europe. One point - if you book a balcony, get one on starboard side - sunny (or at least sunnier) side would make it a lot more usable.