Yet Another Price Drop After Final Payment Thread

JohnFLL

Just curious to know if RCI is still giving OBC for price drops after final payment? I thought they stopped that years ago? Someone on a roll call said they upgraded from an E to a D1 because the price for the D1 dropped and they got OBC - just wondering :confused:

No like you said that stopped (getting OBC after final payment date) years ago.

I don't ever remember Royal Caribbean issuing OBC for price drops after final payment. They simply refunded the difference to the credit card used.

I disagree with not checking the price after final payment is due! I was able to go from a deck 2 inside to a deck 7 balcony for only $109 total- more- on my 6 night freedom in Dec. I do think it is easier to pay for an upgrade-if you book and inside or OV cabin, after final payment-then to get an upgrade if you already have a balcony room. Sort of like betting-are you willing to take the risk if you can't change your room? Can you live with that inside cabin-if you are not able to upgrade. Only you can decide. Nothing is guaranteed in life-why should a cruise be different?:rolleyes:

Tuesday, we upgraded from Balcony to Jr Suite for TWO DOLLARS, on the Enchantment. We Sail end of next month...

After reading some other threads, it sounds like the best you can do is getting a low cost upgrade – and that’s not guaranteed. After booking three cabins for a family vacation, I figure there’s nothing to lose by trying. So please don’t flame me.

But I’m not even sure there’s a case to be made. This is best illustrated with an example.

• Each cabin was purchased from a travel agency for $728 with no other perks.

• Each cabin is now available from the same agency for $668 plus $50 OBC.

• The “exclusive” C&A rate on the RC website is….wait for it…$904

So as far as RC is concerned the price has gone up. So do I have a potential case for a price drop with RC? What’s the likelihood of the travel agency sweetening the deal?

I realize it’s not a huge amount of money and other cruisers have fared far worse. However, I operate on the philosophy that every dollar saved is more time cruising.

You have a huge zero case with RCL, sorry....K.O.:o