Allure Sail away dreamworks concert or balcony?

Smyles

We sail on Allure western Caribbean in a couple weeks. We will have our 3.5yr old with us. I was envisioning us being on our balcony for sail away (starboard side). But I keep reading about the aqua theatre sail away show. Is it a MUST? I know my daughter would love it (she loves all theatre shows and loves mascots) but she hasn't seen any of the movies with those characters (we are starting to show her a few 2 min clips of songs from the movies so she 'knows' the characters when we see them on the ship).

I feel like the show would distract from the sail away, correct? We see a lot of theatre/stage shows on land so it seems like seeing the sail away from our balcony might be more worthwhile since we have nothing comparable on land!

Am I right in this thinking?

Will we see anything from Starboard side for sail away?

No, you won't really see much from starboard side. It is much better from port side. We went to deck six, that is where the sail away show is, it is kind of cool, and you can just go over to stand near the rail on port side and watch from there. It is kind of cool because you see all the neat homes, and a lot of the people come out to wave at you. Then you pass close to an apartment complex and a lot of people wave. Then you have a lovely view of the beach. This is filmed by the way on PTZtv and you can go and watch your sail away later....and maybe see yourself on the camera. The view from your balcony will be the port side of things.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Even if your daughter doesn't know the characters well, she will enjoy the sailaway party at the aqua theater. I guess it depends on what you enjoy....but I would highly recommend that aqua theater show. It is very cute and I even enjoy it ! I'm a little bit past 3.5 years....but not much ! LOL

Even if your daughter doesn't know the characters well, she will enjoy the sailaway party at the aqua theater. I guess it depends on what you enjoy....but I would highly recommend that aqua theater show. It is very cute and I even enjoy it ! I'm a little bit past 3.5 years....but not much ! LOL

Oh I have no doubt she would really enjoy the show (we all would) I am just trying to figure out if it is just a show with characters (we can see that anywhere) or if it is a notable sail away party. Will we notice we are sailing away? Or will we just be watching a character show?

With our balcony being starboard and the above mentioning we won't see much I am now wondering what space is best for us! Anyone else with Starboard experience...was it still worth being on the balcony? Is the ocean view cool to watch as we leave?