Cape Libery Parking

alisnyc4

Hello,

We may drive from long island to cape liberty. Car services are $300. Is there any nearby car rental to the cruise port? Also, is there any alternative parking to the $20 a day at the port itself?

Thanks!

Arrive the day before and stay at a hotel in Jersey that offers free parking for your car. You'll have to take a taxi to the pier, but should be the same price as parking at the pier and you'll be refreshed.

Check out the East Coast boards ..........Beast 123 gives good advice.

Hello,

We may drive from long island to cape liberty. Car services are $300. Is there any nearby car rental to the cruise port? Also, is there any alternative parking to the $20 a day at the port itself?

Thanks!

We don't recommend alternative parking because of insurance and liability concerns about the shuttle and the sketchy nature of the area where you would ditch your car for numerous days.

For a park/sleep/cruise look at the Ramada on Trinityreservations.com - $219 or less tax included for room, 21 days parking, and round trip port transportation for up to 4 people.

The only car rental in Bayonne is Enterprise, but they have limited hours and are closed on Sunday. Of course Newark Airport has a huge rental car operation, but it will cost you $55-65 each way to the port and back.

Edited by 138east

If you are driving in from LI (close by) why spend the extra money on a hotel/shuttle when you can park at the port for less than what you would shell out? Plus, you don't have to wait for anyone to come get you - just get off ship and right to car.

If you are driving in from LI (close by) why spend the extra money on a hotel/shuttle when you can park at the port for less than what you would shell out? Plus, you don't have to wait for anyone to come get you - just get off ship and right to car.

It is a sketchy area. I live about 30 minutes away in Morris County and I would not park there. To each their own though.

It is a sketchy area. I live about 30 minutes away in Morris County and I would not park there. To each their own though.

Sketchy is an overly negative characterization

Royal has been sailing from Port Liberty for 10+ years and have never read any complaints about tampering with cars. Have parked at the pier numerous times, first in the lot and now the garage. Garage is secured. Have no qualms about parking there.

While I haven't personally used them, there are several long term lots near EWR that charge $12.50/day and run free shuttle to port. Traffic on pier can get heavy though leading to delays in reaching your car.

Royal has been sailing from Port Liberty for 10+ years and have never read any complaints about tampering with cars. Have parked at the pier numerous times, first in the lot and now the garage. Garage is secured. Have no qualms about parking there.

While I haven't personally used them, there are several long term lots near EWR that charge $12.50/day and run free shuttle to port. Traffic on pier can get heavy though leading to delays in reaching your car.

Cape Liberty is not a visually appealing area, but it is secure. The surrounding area has some nice new condos surrounded by much less visually appealing areas that are not as secure as the port.

I haven't found any EWR lots that charge $12.50 with a free shuttle to the port. When they first opened Snap Parking used to have a deal like that, but it was short-lived because it was not a money maker.

Hello,

Thanks!

We paid $19 per day at the new garage at the port and were out in minutes after we left the ship. Very convenient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The parking garage is very secure, $20/night paid by machine AFTER you leave now. It's a block walk to the terminal. Very convenient.

Coming from Long Island. Be aware the Bayonne Bridge has closures as they are doing a "raising through 2018". Goggle Bayonne Bridge for website. This affects those coming from LI, Staten Island, Queens, parts of Bklyn.....anyone who crosses the Verrazanno Bridge.

The alternative is thevGoethals Bridge but takes about 1/2 hour longer due to traffic and construction...plus very confusing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our very first experience parking at Cape Liberty, many years ago, we had gotten paint overspray on our car. There was a problem with them spray painting the ships in the ship yard and the overspray getting on the cars. We were compensated a little over $100 to have it fixed. My husband fixed it himself. I remember at the time some people were taking covers for their cars. Of course, they remedied that very quickly.

Gwen [emoji3]

Cape Liberty is not a visually appealing area, but it is secure. The surrounding area has some nice new condos surrounded by much less visually appealing areas that are not as secure as the port.

I haven't found any EWR lots that charge $12.50 with a free shuttle to the port. When they first opened Snap Parking used to have a deal like that, but it was short-lived because it was not a money maker.

Just googled "cape liberty parking" and up popped globalairportparking.com @ $11/night w/free shuttle. Also book2park.com @ $12 incl shuttle.

Haven't tried either so no recommendation, but worth a look.

Just googled "cape liberty parking" and up popped globalairportparking.com @ $11/night w/free shuttle. Also book2park.com @ $12 incl shuttle.

Haven't tried either so no recommendation, but worth a look.

No problem with a look, but....be careful. These internet leads are booking agencies that send you to other places. Park2Go is the only operation at the airport that offers a shuttle to Cape Liberty. It's in Elizabeth NJ and is 10.4 miles from Cape Liberty which is at least a 25 minute shuttle ride. When the dust settles I think you would find that the final price including tax will be about $15/day. According to reviews, there have been issues in the past with the port pickup. The primary business of this operation is servicing airport parking, not Cape Liberty parking.

What are you talking about. The indoor parking at Cape Liberty is safe and secure. Once there, it'll take you a few minutes to walk to the terminal. We used this facility for our Aug. 25th cruise and the $180 for a 9 day stay was well worth. It was so quick for us that it took us about an hour from the Grande restaurant (breakfast) to our home in Monmouth Co. exit 117 on the NJ Parkway. Yes it was a Saturday arrival and any other day it would take us a bit longer. As I said, it was well worth for the convenience and the cost as compared to car service or taxis from our home.

There's nothing like jumping in your car and heading home. With a tip in hand, porter took luggage directly to garage and put it in the car. Easy. Only new thing is picking ticket upon entering, and then remembering to have it with you when returning as payment is by machines (not human) outside of garage. It's convenient, safe, covered and secured. V.